• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Does it seem weird?

Grizbeer

There are forums for every sport, but no forums for the Music, musicians and concerts at UM?

Let’s be honest, some our best days were provided by UM produductions.

Favorite shows at UM? Off the top of my head? Van Halen I. Van Halen ii. Molly hatchet. Rolling Stones.

I promise this wont devolve into sport car talk. Why the basketball forum? Well I mean, the field house. I could talk about the circus or bob hope, but music is better

Also doobie brothers. Old black water, keep on rolling Montana moon gonna keep on shining on youu!Boston was great then it was the same song for 20 years.

I saw one Pearl Jam it was better than most bands but more like a campaign commercial.

May 14, 1974 - The Grateful Dead at the Harry Adams Fieldhouse

February 5, 1984 - ZZ Top at the Harry Adams Fieldhouse (Leg 5 of the Eliminator Tour)

Scorpions
Whitesnake
Mr Big
Nine Inch Nails
Primus
The remaining members of Sublime
Blink 182
Casting Crowns
Newsboys
‪Weezer‬
‪Pete Yorn‬

Grizbeer said:
Weezer would be awesome

Primus was my fave at the field house. Les Claypool had broke his ankle the day before snowboarding at Snowbowl but as they say, the show had to go on. Weezer was good but not as good as I hoped. Not a great live band. Very much like we were just listening to them on cd. Some bands are that way unfortunately. Chevelle was another that comes to mind. Kinda like they’re just going through the motions up there. Seen Queens of the Stone Age at the Wilma and that was probably one of the best live performances I’ve ever seen. The Muse was another great live band but that was in Nashville at the Bridgestone arena. The Used, Nothing More, Deftones, and Falling in Reverse were some great live performances by hard rock bands.

Also really enjoyed the Bob Dylan performance in, I think, about 2000. His backup band was a fairly young (at the time) Drive By Truckers.

While in school:

PJ the first time they played Wa-Griz.
Reverend Horton Heat
Squirrel Nut Zippers at the height of the swing revival
Pavement
Built to Spill
Wilco
The Sno-Core Tour both times it came through that you all have mentioned. (Blink was good, Long Beach Dub All Stars were turds, Everclear and Primus were both fun. I think one of these shows may have been on Bozeman, though. Gross.)
Leo Kotke
And many, many shows at Jay's upstairs and downstairs. God, I miss that place.

alabamagrizzly said:
Grizbeer said:
Weezer would be awesome

Primus was my fave at the field house. Les Claypool had broke his ankle the day before snowboarding at Snowbowl but as they say, the show had to go on. Weezer was good but not as good as I hoped. Not a great live band. Very much like we were just listening to them on cd. Some bands are that way unfortunately. Chevelle was another that comes to mind. Kinda like they’re just going through the motions up there. Seen Queens of the Stone Age at the Wilma and that was probably one of the best live performances I’ve ever seen. The Muse was another great live band but that was in Nashville at the Bridgestone arena. The Used, Nothing More, Deftones, and Falling in Reverse were some great live performances by hard rock bands.

Agree on the Weezer show. They were pretty lame.

QOTSA is f@cking great! Only time I saw them was at the Shrine in Billings on their "Duluth" tour. Really on fire that night.

George Thorogood, in the Ballroom, 1981.

Hunter S. Thompson, in the Underground Lecture Hall, 1985
(yes, HST qualifies as a concert).

And, of course, the Stones.

goatcreekgriz said:
George Thorogood, in the Ballroom, 1981.

Hunter S. Thompson, in the Underground Lecture Hall, 1985
(yes, HST qualifies as a concert).

And, of course, the Stones.

Was at Thorogood until the 3rd encore finished and there were about 50 people left. He ended up at Luke's after the show. My old haunt in those days. BB King was killer in the Ballroom around then. Huge, tight band in tuxes.

My FAV was Jethro Tull - What I remember of it - the clouds after the concert and in the Oval - picked out many animals in them there clouds!

Back