• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Are West Virginia fans complaining about their coach?

mthoopsfan

"West Virginia lost 11 out of 18 games it played against Big 12 Conference opponents. They finished eighth in the conference and flamed out in the quarterfinals of last week’s league tournament.

And yet there was little doubt that the Mountaineers would make the NCAA tournament.

On Selection Sunday, Matthews was proved right. West Virginia heard its name called as a No. 9 seed in the South region."

[Eighth in the conference. Jeez, fire the coach. The team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs, some Griz fans would say.]

Griz in Tokyo said:
What does West Virgina basketball have to do with Griz football?

The Griz finished 6th in the conference and some wanted to fire Hauck, despite UM going to the playoffs and ending up being ranked 14th. West Virginia finished 8th in the conference and is a 9th seed in the ncaa playoffs. I wondered if West Va. fans want to fire their coach because of the low conference ranking.

Why does a Griz in Tokyo with a law school prof dad, ask a question like that?

mthoopsfan said:
Griz in Tokyo said:

The Griz finished 6th in the conference and some wanted to fire Hauck, despite UM going to the playoffs and ending up being ranked 14th. West Virginia finished 8th in the conference and is a 9th seed in the ncaa playoffs. I wondered if West Va. fans want to fire their coach because of the low conference ranking.

You should raise your expectations.

By the way, WVU’s coach is a douche.

mthoopsfan said:
Griz in Tokyo said:

Fans complaining about coaches? Are you new? Read through the Pats Pulpit site and look at all the fans complaining about Bill Belichik. Ya know, the guy who has been to 9 Super Bowls and won 6. The second-winningest coach in the NFL,17 AFC East titles and 13 appearances in the AFC Championship Game. Fans complain about coaches all the time. It's part of being a fan. Hell, when Don Read first came to the U of M, there were people who complained about him. I know, I was going to school when Read started coaching the Griz. Grow a thicker skin and don't worry about what people say about a football coach. Fans will never be happy. That's fandom.

Oh, and my dad is not a prof in the law school. My dad never went to university. He was a farmer from Big Sandy, MT. I have no idea what that has to do with the price of rice in China, though.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Exactly...it's West Va for cripes sake.

mthoopsfan said:
"West Virginia lost 11 out of 18 games it played against Big 12 Conference opponents. They finished eighth in the conference and flamed out in the quarterfinals of last week’s league tournament.

And yet there was little doubt that the Mountaineers would make the NCAA tournament.

On Selection Sunday, Matthews was proved right. West Virginia heard its name called as a No. 9 seed in the South region."

[Eighth in the conference. Jeez, fire the coach. The team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs, some Griz fans would say.]

Was West Virginia picked to win the conference? I'll answer it for you. They were pick to finish 9th. They overachieved by finishing 8th. The Griz on the other hand were picked to win the conference and finished 6th. Where's that contract extension you said was going to happen last Fall?

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Was West Virginia picked to win the conference? I'll answer it for you. They were pick to finish 9th. They overachieved by finishing 8th. The Griz on the other hand were picked to win the conference and finished 6th. Where's that contract extension you said was going to happen last Fall?
I don't think it was you that picked the Griz to win the conference.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Huggy Bear a douche? Love watching his teams play. They get after it.

kemajic said:
uptopgriz said:
I don't think it was you that picked the Griz to win the conference.

Both coaches and the media did and they’re supposed to be the experts.

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2022/7/25/football-montana-tabbed-big-sky-preseason-favorites-by-coaches-media.aspx

Mousegriz said:
Kind of an apples and oranges by an idiot comparison.

Yep, one has a head coach that has elevated a consistently horrible program into a tough out for anyone and the other has a head coach driving one of the elite football programs in their division into the ditch.

mthoopsfan said:
Griz in Tokyo said:

Hey, if you’re ok with 6th place finishes, .500 play in conference, always watching the Cats advance further in the playoffs after kicking griz asses, I am too! Please, please, please keep Bobby there as long as he’ll stay. Disclaimer here, I actually do think Bobby is a good coach. Unfortunately for griz nation though, Brent Vigen is way better.

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Hey, if you’re ok with 6th place finishes, .500 play in conference, always watching the Cats advance further in the playoffs after kicking griz asses, I am too! Please, please, please keep Bobby there as long as he’ll stay. Disclaimer here, I actually do think Bobby is a good coach. Unfortunately for griz nation though, Brent Vigen is way better.

I like the Griz going to the playoffs and winning some games. Also, liked the Griz crushing the Cats in 2021. I especially enjoy seeing SDS and NDSU crush the Bobcats. Hauck is a way better coach than your coach. Not even close. The Griz staff is much stronger too.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:

I like the Griz going to the playoffs and winning some games. Also, liked the Griz crushing the Cats in 2021. I especially enjoy seeing SDS and NDSU crush the Bobcats. Hauck is a way better coach than your coach. Not even close. The Griz staff is much stronger too.

Lol. Ya, Hauck looked like a world beater against Vigen last year. Vigen plays chess while Bobby plays checkers. Vigen has quality backups at every position, especially QB. Bobby, well……….

poorgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Lol. Ya, Hauck looked like a world beater against Vigen last year. Vigen plays chess while Bobby plays checkers. Vigen has quality backups at every position, especially QB. Bobby, well……….

And the year before. Hauck crushed Vigen. And UM crushes MSU in attendance and football revenue every year. MSU leads UM in diverting state funds to athletics. And I assume the MSU president still brings her "purse" puppy to some events. Like the boat ride MSU used to have at Flathead Lake.

mthoopsfan said:
poorgriz said:

And the year before. Hauck crushed Vigen. And UM crushes MSU in attendance and football revenue every year. MSU leads UM in diverting state funds to athletics. And I assume the MSU president still brings her "purse" puppy to some events. Like the boat ride MSU used to have at Flathead Lake.

We can all agree they both have the inability to win in the National Championship game.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

We can all agree they both have the inability to win in the National Championship game.

That can be said for virtually every coach in the nation in football and basketball. I assume most of us on egriz will don't have a chance at being the richest person in the world or winning an Olympic gold either. Your above statement is so profound. I suppose one of your many sons has a chance to be those things, though.

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

That can be said for virtually every coach in the nation in football and basketball. I most of us on egriz will don't have a chance at being the richest person in the world or winning an Olympic gold either. Your above statement is so profound. I suppose one of your many sons has a chance to be those things, though.

"I most of us will don't have a chance?"

Try harder......

Latest posts

Back