• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why no top notch QB's at UM?

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:
No, he wasn’t. He was a pick machine. Brown threw no picks last season. 1.5 yards per carry against Bison.
Britt did not have the advantage of game experience that Brown had. It didn't do Brown any good as he didn't improve. No ints because he was so paranoid about them that he was afraid to push the ball downfield and took a lot of sacks. Never learned to throw the ball away when needed. Brown played the whole game against Weber, produced 114 yards total offense, 72 passing. 5 sacks, -1 yard per carry rushing. You think he would have done better against NDSU?

Britt had little experience, but never played scared and everyone (except maybe you), including the coaches, recognized late in the year that he had a much higher ceiling than Brown. He got picks when behind when it was needed to take the risk to push the ball downfield. I'm betting given a chance to start that he would have done much better than Brown against Weber.

Against NDSU, Britt showed very little in the second half, until the last drive. He wasn't close to starter quality. I would have been fine with Brown in the second half.

2d half drives, before last TD drive. 3-0. 6-14 and pick. 3 for minus 1. 11-63 and pick. 3-1. So, three 3 and outs. 27 for 77 yards and 2 picks. Sacked twice. About 5-7 and a TD.

By drive, 2-2 for 7. 2-3 for 8 and pick. 0-2. 2-5 with a 32 yarder and pick. Brown 1-1 for 5.

Then TD on last drive.

Britt rushed 12 times for 18 yards in the game. Long was 11. So, netted 7 yards on 11 runs, of which 2 were sacks.

I assume Britt would have thrown a bunch of picks against Weber. The coaches, who are with him everyday in practice and want to put the team in the best position to win, chose not to start him against Weber.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:
Britt did not have the advantage of game experience that Brown had. It didn't do Brown any good as he didn't improve. No ints because he was so paranoid about them that he was afraid to push the ball downfield and took a lot of sacks. Never learned to throw the ball away when needed. Brown played the whole game against Weber, produced 114 yards total offense, 72 passing. 5 sacks, -1 yard per carry rushing. You think he would have done better against NDSU?

Britt had little experience, but never played scared and everyone (except maybe you), including the coaches, recognized late in the year that he had a much higher ceiling than Brown. He got picks when behind when it was needed to take the risk to push the ball downfield. I'm betting given a chance to start that he would have done much better than Brown against Weber.

Against NDSU, Britt showed very little in the second half, until the last drive. He wasn't close to starter quality. I would have been fine with Brown in the second half.

2d half drives, before last TD drive. 3-0. 6-14 and pick. 3 for minus 1. 11-63 and pick. 3-1. So, three 3 and outs. 27 for 77 yards and 2 picks. Sacked twice. About 5-7 and a TD.

By drive, 2-2 for 7. 2-3 for 8 and pick. 0-2. 2-5 with a 32 yarder and pick. Brown 1-1 for 5.

Then TD on last drive.

Britt rushed 12 times for 18 yards in the game. Long was 11. So, netted 7 yards on 11 runs, of which 2 were sacks.

I assume Britt would have thrown a bunch of picks against Weber. The coaches, who are with him everyday in practice and want to put the team in the best position to win, chose not to start him against Weber.

Don’t make me go back and regurgitate Brown’s “drives” (and I use that term very loosely) in the Weber game. :?

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Then TD on last drive.

Don’t make me go back and regurgitate Brown’s “drives” (and I use that term very loosely) in the Weber game. :?

Rosey lost his position because of Britt.

mthoopsfan said:
Your assumption is total speculation. Exposes that without Johnson our great O coaching wanted a QB who played scared rather than one who was not afraid to push the ball downfield. Maybe pushing the ball downfield is considered insubordination. If you're unwilling to push the ball downfield against Weber, you're not going to win. 114 yards total offense; amazing how our D kept us in the game. Britt would have been a better bet.

uptopgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Rosey lost his position because of Britt.
He lost his position for being afraid to use Britt.

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:
Your assumption is total speculation. Exposes that without Johnson our great O coaching wanted a QB who played scared rather than one who was not afraid to push the ball downfield. Maybe pushing the ball downfield is considered insubordination. If you're unwilling to push the ball downfield against Weber, you're not going to win. 114 yards total offense; amazing how our D kept us in the game. Britt would have been a better bet.

My view is no less speculation than yours. So, get out of here with your BS. Plus, I have talked to both the UM and NAU coaches about Britt. Have you? Britt didn't try to push the ball down the field. He threw very short passes, and then threw picks. Britt wasn't the answer this year, wouldn't have been the answer, and probably won't be the answer at NAU, is my view. I don't know why you think a qb who throws a lot of picks is the answer to anything.

The Cal backup qb is transferring to NAU.

"Millner, a redshirt freshman this past season, played in three games for Cal this past season, all in limited action.

He briefly entered the game against Washington State when starter Jack Plummer came out of the game for a short period because of injury. Miller threw four passes in that game and completed one for seven yards.

Millner received his most significant playing time in the loss to Oregon, playing much of the fourth quarter when the Golden Bears were hopelessly behind. In that game he complete 8 of 11 passes for 114 yards, two touchdown and no interceptions. He also ran once for 13 yards. The Ducks had a number backups playing defense at that point."

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/millner-commits-to-northern-arizona#:~:text=Quarterback%20Kai%20Millner%2C%20who%20was,Northern%20Arizona%2C%20an%20FCS%20school.

247 4-star.

"Slight frame with narrow build, but room to add mass. Athletic quarterback with quick release and play-making ability. Compact and easily repeatable mechanics. Generates great torque without much wasted movement. Does well to slide up in pocket under pressure, but can also roll out to buy more time. Accurate to all levels, with knack for putting touch on throws over defenders. Impressive leader and high level competitiveness. Could improve overall arm strength and ball velocity. Upside as a multi-year Power Five starter and could garner NFL Draft attention."

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

My view is no less speculation than yours. So, get out of here with your BS. Plus, I have talked to both the UM and NAU coaches about Britt. Have you? Britt didn't try to push the ball down the field. He threw very short passes, and then threw picks. Britt wasn't the answer this year, wouldn't have been the answer, and probably won't be the answer at NAU, is my view. I don't know why you think a qb who throws a lot of picks is the answer to anything.

"Millner, a redshirt freshman this past season, played in three games for Cal this past season, all in limited action.

He briefly entered the game against Washington State when starter Jack Plummer came out of the game for a short period because of injury. Miller threw four passes in that game and completed one for seven yards.

Millner received his most significant playing time in the loss to Oregon, playing much of the fourth quarter when the Golden Bears were hopelessly behind. In that game he complete 8 of 11 passes for 114 yards, two touchdown and no interceptions. He also ran once for 13 yards. The Ducks had a number backups playing defense at that point."

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/millner-commits-to-northern-arizona#:~:text=Quarterback%20Kai%20Millner%2C%20who%20was,Northern%20Arizona%2C%20an%20FCS%20school.

247 4-star.

"Slight frame with narrow build, but room to add mass. Athletic quarterback with quick release and play-making ability. Compact and easily repeatable mechanics. Generates great torque without much wasted movement. Does well to slide up in pocket under pressure, but can also roll out to buy more time. Accurate to all levels, with knack for putting touch on throws over defenders. Impressive leader and high level competitiveness. Could improve overall arm strength and ball velocity. Upside as a multi-year Power Five starter and could garner NFL Draft attention."

Cost Rosey his job, so BH disagrees with you.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

247 4-star.

Cost Rosey his job, so BH disagrees with you.

Didn't costs Rosey his job. And, Hauck runs the football team; I run egriz. We stay out of each other's space. Ha.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

My view is no less speculation than yours.
That is true but we know the outcome of your speculation favoring Brown. It was pitiful. My speculation favoring Britt in the Weber game remains viable speculation. In spite of your int BS, we'll never know.

It didn't take long for Britt's move to NAU to turn sour; they didn't bring in Milner to sit. Looks like Britt rides the pine there like he did here, or hits the portal again with only a move down or sitting a year as options. He wasted a portal move and achieved nothing.

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:
That is true but we know the outcome of your speculation favoring Brown. It was pitiful. My speculation favoring Britt in the Weber game remains viable speculation. In spite of your int BS, we'll never know.

It didn't take long for Britt's move to NAU to turn sour; they didn't bring in Milner to sit. Looks like Britt rides the pine there like he did here, or hits the portal again with only a move down or sitting a year as options. He wasted a portal move and achieved nothing.

Britt didn't leave because of not starting next year. He was lied to about playing at Weber and the horrible coaching that happened in the QB room. Try to argue that quality coaching was happening with qbs at UM.

uptopgriz said:
kemajic said:

Britt didn't leave because of not starting next year. He was lied to about playing at Weber and the horrible coaching that happened in the QB room. Try to argue that quality coaching was happening with qbs at UM.

Quality coaching of QB’s happens at UM. Ask the qb’s who aren’t whiners.

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

Yep, that's why the coach was demoted. Once again, BH disagrees with you.

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

I thought you didn’t like it when posters talk bad about former Griz players.

HelenaHandBasket said:
LOL, was Britt part of the reason for the demotion...yes, but was he "the reason"......no.
Getting 114 yards total offense in a key game could be a factor.

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

I thought you didn’t like it when posters talk bad about former Griz players.
Only care about unfair comments and comments by assholes.

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:

Is Brown still with the team?

Spanky2 said:
kemajic said:

Is Brown still with the team?
Has there been any news that he’s not?

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
He was a better passer and 10x the runner of the guy he replaced as #2 QB.

No, he wasn’t. He was a pick machine. Brown threw no picks last season. 1.5 yards per carry against Bison.

You're delusional

Back