• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Your Sports Credentials?

kemajic said:
Dillon said:
Our football field was Coach Dunn's yard with his son Mike w/ my Vikings Uni of course!
Actually, in 1962 Harlo was the largest school in the Southern B. They had a real team bus, not a yellow school bus. They had been a football dynasty up to that point but we kicked their butt but good in '62 and '63 on our way to two perfect seasons. Columbus was one of the smallest Class B schools then and even slipped back to C for a few years in the 70's. My uncle owned and ran the Stockman's back then. I knew most of the '64 Harlo kids, several came to UM. Harlo is a real ghost town these days since the railroad closed down.
It is sad going back to Harlo knowing what it once was! Had three Uncles & my Grand Pa that worked for the railroad! I'm sure all my Aunts and Uncles knew your Uncle & I'm sure I probably met him as well!

AZGrizFan said:
I was tiny back then (5’6”, 115 as a freshman),

Good lord you were a bean pole. I entered Fr year at Big Sky High 4’11” and 98 pounds and graduated 5’7” and 121 pounds and spent four years backing up Jeremy Watkins. I did get to experience winning a state title my Sr year in ‘94/‘95 but, as you can imagine my playing time was extremely limited.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

Good lord you were a bean pole. I entered Fr year at Big Sky High 4’11” and 98 pounds and graduated 5’7” and 121 pounds and spent four years backing up Jeremy Watkins. I did get to experience winning a state title my Sr year in ‘94/‘95 but, as you can imagine my playing time was extremely limited.

I graduated HS at 6’2”, 130 lbs. Talk about a beanpole. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

😁 You’d have made Lucas Johnson’s toothpick legs look like tree trunks I bet. I’m sure you filled out that frame though. I topped out at 5’8” but at least I finally got up to 180 pounds. It only took another 25 years and lots of good southern cookin😂.

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

😁 You’d have made Lucas Johnson’s toothpick legs look like tree trunks I bet. I’m sure you filled out that frame though. I topped out at 5’8” but at least I finally got up to 180 pounds. It only took another 25 years and lots of good southern cookin😂.

True story: at my 10 year HS reunion I returned at 6’2”, 215 lbs. Walked up to Tom Mahlum and the first thing he says to me is “Jesus Christ, what have you been eating??” :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

True story: at my 10 year HS reunion I returned at 6’2”, 215 lbs. Walked up to Tom Mahlum and the first thing he says to me is “Jesus Christ, what have you been eating??” :lol: :lol:
Bet it wasn't all meat and potatoes....

Dillon said:
Gaeilge1 said:
When I was young, I was pretty fast. Most likely from running from the police!

You not fast any longer? :D

You are absolutely correct, sir! Luckily, I don't have to be. The only thing chasing me these days are my memories!
I was never fast enough to outrun those! :)

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Small children😂

200w.gif

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

He asked Jeaus Christ what he'd been eating? Probably fish.

GrizMania said:
AZGrizFan said:

He asked Jeaus Christ what he'd been eating? Probably fish.

I know. The nerve of that guy. :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

You went to school with Jesus? Man you are old! :D

alabamagrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

Wtf as a freshman I was 5'7 180 lbs was also benching 200 lbs 3 sets of 10, I out lifted almost all the seniors in the school, granted it was a small school but, still!. Unfortunately, I didn't grow anymore after that. Doctors told my parents I was going to be the tallest of my brothers(my oldest brother is 6'2) and I know they say weightlifting stunting growth is a myth but I fully believe that's what happened to me. Either way, height don't matter, I've knocked out dudes that were 6'4

Griz Addict said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Wtf as a freshman I was 5'7 180 lbs was also benching 200 lbs 3 sets of 10, I out lifted almost all the seniors in the school, granted it was a small school but, still!. Unfortunately, I didn't grow anymore after that. Doctors told my parents I was going to be the tallest of my brothers(my oldest brother is 6'2) and I know they say weightlifting stunting growth is a myth but I fully believe that's what happened to me. Either way, height don't matter, I've knocked out dudes that were 6'4
Thanks for the heads up. Will stay away from you.

Griz Addict said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Congrats on being so huge and awesome?

Entered HS at 6’6” 235, left HS at 5’1” 140. Bayou Digest said I was going to be the next Amos Moses. Was a great alligator wrestler cut down in my prime.

alabamagrizzly said:
Griz Addict said:

Congrats on being so huge and awesome?

Not huge now lmao. At that age I was.. it's crazy though how a lot of smaller kids end up getting huge and then bigger kids end up being smaller. I think you looked way to hard in my post. And at that age I feel like most of the kids in my school were around the same height other than a few. I just never met anyone that small as a freshman. I'm not trying to put u down or brag myself up obviously I'm considered pretty damn short as an adult. Things were looking good for me when I was a teenager tho.

I was 5'9", 155 my junior year when I was a starting inside linebacker, next to Rick Ogle, at Bozeman High.

Was 5'11", 175 when I got to college. Listed at 5'11", 190 my senior year. Never lifted weights until after college.

Ogle was a big guy and terrific player. Played at Colorado and in NFL. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Ogle

He got his senior year in high school football tapes (when they were being thrown away) and converted to tape. Told me everytime he showed them to anyone over the decades, someone would ask: "Who's that little guy standing next to you?"

Rick's older brother played center for Stanford.

kemajic said:
Griz Addict said:
Thanks for the heads up. Will stay away from you.
Yall look into shit way too deep, huh?

Back