• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who will be the #37 this year?

Ringneck said:
Assuming the #37 stays on the defensive side of the ball, I think the frontrunner has got to be Levi Janacaro.

But if I had my pick, Garrett Graves would be wearing it. He's not our best defensive player, but he's a leader and selfless teammate. And I think his commitment to the team and his willingness to become a contributor wherever they put him on the field (he's played QB, RB, WR, KR, S) epitomizes the "pride and tradition" of the Montana Grizzlies.

:thumb:

maroonandsilver said:
Ringneck said:
Assuming the #37 stays on the defensive side of the ball, I think the frontrunner has got to be Levi Janacaro.

But if I had my pick, Garrett Graves would be wearing it. He's not our best defensive player, but he's a leader and selfless teammate. And I think his commitment to the team and his willingness to become a contributor wherever they put him on the field (he's played QB, RB, WR, KR, S) epitomizes the "pride and tradition" of the Montana Grizzlies.

There are several good options, but I couldn’t agree more with Garrett Graves. Stand up guy, and darn good player. Montana as they come!

uptopgriz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
I thought the number '37' was reserved for Montana kids that also play defense. Since the tradition, so to speak, started with a Kraig Paulson, defensive coordinator at some time or other; or so I'm led to believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. Or you could just say you're God's gift to the human race, but I think that's reserved for tinseltown, though.

He played offense.

Yeah, right, that certainly clarified any confusion on my part or, for that matter, any one else's, right off the bat. Way to go, Heathcliff. Listed on the 1986 roster as a 6'0" 205 lbs FB 3V from Plentywood. I didn't say he didn't.

How about if I spell it out for you.

https://hornetsports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/kraig-paulson/607

Now, as stated earlier...'I THOUGHT THE NUMBER '37' WAS RESERVED FOR MONTANA KIDS THAT ALSO PLAY DEFENSE.'

Granted, some 'other' colleges, such as Alabama for instance, have a similar tradition over the number '12,' if not mistaken.

All good picks and anyone of them will represent #37 well. I would pick Junior. His contributions and hard work to date are deserving for sure, as are the others. However, you could argue Junior has already been a MVP on this team.

Go Griz!

kemajic said:
This has turned into such a soap opera, I'm not sure it's positive anymore.

There will be less drama this year. The President and AD have both told Bobby he'll have nothing to do with any part of the 37 legacy.

uptopgriz said:
kemajic said:

There will be less drama this year. The President and AD have both told Bobby he'll have nothing to do with any part of the 37 legacy.

Looks like more of your BS.

uptopgriz said:
kemajic said:

The drama is coming from eGriz, not BH.

Didn’t Chase Reynolds turn it down? Lots of kids deserve to wear it and would do it proud but i think Janacaro is my pick.

uptopgriz said:
kemajic said:

yeah-nobody-believes.jpg

Ringneck said:

But if I had my pick, Garrett Graves would be wearing it
. He's not our best defensive player, but he's a leader and selfless teammate. And I think his commitment to the team and his willingness to become a contributor wherever they put him on the field (he's played QB, RB, WR, KR, S) epitomizes the "pride and tradition" of the Montana Grizzlies.
''Like this! :clap: :thumb:

Ringneck said:

grizingatorland said:
Bertram said:
Unpopular option: the tradition is dropped this year. NIL policies make it a hotbed for controversy. I would hate to see that though.

That's what should be done by it won't happen.

I don't get this at all. Why wouldn't the Griz use the tradition in a way that enhances NIL for the program? The team can benefit as much as the player.

SoldierGriz said:
grizingatorland said:
That's what should be done by it won't happen.

I don't get this at all. Why wouldn't the Griz use the tradition in a way that enhances NIL for the program? The team can benefit as much as the player.
Some of you would be very disappointed in how little this matters to players. Lots of average players and lots of bad teammates (and people) have worn #37

This thread was simply put forth to discuss who might be the next Montana young man to don the number 37 jersey. Nothing more, nothing less! Negative attributes are not welcome. Go put those comments in your own thread.

Back