• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Official (14)Signed, (1)Verbal, (5)Transfers & (2) Known Offers

BDizzle said:
grizfan1984 said:
Wonder if Hall is coming in early too for spring ball I noticed on his Instagram story he’d be in Montana today.

I know they plan on bringing a bunch of recruits in this weekend for cat/Griz basketball. And students are now back.
Those recruits wouldn't be able to join the team until Summer though right? The semester started Tuesday, and I know there's a 15 day grace period to get registered but it just doesn't seem like there's enough time to get anymore transfers in until after Spring ball. Now if these are high school kids, then that's a different story but I don't think we will be seeing anymore transfers until the summer.

BDizzle said:
grizfan1984 said:
Wonder if Hall is coming in early too for spring ball I noticed on his Instagram story he’d be in Montana today.

I know they plan on bringing a bunch of recruits in this weekend for cat/Griz basketball. And students are now back.

Wonder if either of the Akron OL portal guys that Keaton is following are included in that visit.

Young has been in Missoula since last Sunday, Hall got there today I know Young was enrolled early for Spring ball I don’t know if Hall is doing the same.

I’m guessing all the ones that plan on enrolling for spring are already enrolled. The recruits this weekend are, from my understating, mostly the high school kids that have already committed and a few others they are chasing after.

BDizzle said:
I’m guessing all the ones that plan on enrolling for spring are already enrolled. The recruits this weekend are, from my understating, mostly the high school kids that have already committed and a few others they are chasing after.

Wonder how many high school kids were still after? I
Know Hoffman is going to be at Air Force this weekend.A guy that I don’t see on the list of offers who I know has an offer is Carson Mott DE that Colorado let walk I know he was set to visit and I don’t think he has already so probably this weekend. Do you know anything on the CJ Jordan front? Hard to imagine going into spring with just Vidlak and the other guys on the roster who I’ve heard are nowhere near ready.

TouchdownMontana said:
Refresh my memory please who is CJ Jordan and from where?

CJ Jordan is a QB transfer from Idaho I don’t know if he’s coming but he’s being followed and follows alot of the team and coaches.

Anybody know if any 2023 guys visited this past weekend that aren’t already signed curious to know if we’re gonna bring on anymore high school kids.

grizfan1984 said:
Anybody know if any 2023 guys visited this past weekend that aren’t already signed curious to know if we’re gonna bring on anymore high school kids.

When is the 2nd signing day now? Is it still the 1st week of February? TIA.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
grizfan1984 said:

When is the 2nd signing day now? Is it still the 1st week of February? TIA.
Yes, according to the 1st line of this thread, Feb 1.

looks like we let this one go
https://twitter.com/MottCarson/status/1617705397347049475?s=20&t=TGw2fvuHcD65yosVUycJlA

Griztrain said:
looks like we let this one go
https://twitter.com/MottCarson/status/1617705397347049475?s=20&t=TGw2fvuHcD65yosVUycJlA

Think that answers the question if we’re bringing anymore high school kids on only other offer I see we remotely have a chance at is Micah Johnson and I’m not sure he’s even visited.

Griz til I die said:
Are we done with recruiting until after Spring Ball? Hasn't been a whole hell of a lot of news lately.

Per twitter there are coaches out on the road visiting high schools.
Are they looking for '23 kids? Or have they moved on to '24 athletes?

Probably pretty quiet, but

4 days until the second signing day.

Of the know offers I would put them in this order from likely to least likely (But I can see none of these signing also)

1. WR- Micah Johnson 6' 2" 190 (Sunrise Mountain HS) Peoria, AZ (T 5/24/22) (San Jose State, NAU Offers) 2-Star
2. TE/DE- Gabe Hoffman 6' 6" 250 (Eastside Catholic HS) Sammamish, WA (T 6/9/22) 3-Star -Visit 12/17 (Down to UM, UNLV Arizona & NAU)
3. DB- Hunter I. Wiggins 6' 1" 190 (Lincoln HS) San Diego, CA (T 5/25/22) 3-Star (U of Indiana offer)
4. OL/DL- Tyson Ruffins 6' 3" 310 (Long Beach Cal Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (T 5/17/22) 3-Star (UNLV, Georgia Tech, Fresno, Nevada Offers)
5. DB- Matt Ballentinee 6' 3" 200 (Eastern Kentucky) (T 12/30/22) 1 to play 1 (UTEP, SFA)
6. LB/RB- Luke Anderson 6' 1" 215 (Fort Worth Christian) North Richland Hills, TX 3-Star (Incarnate Word, Tarleton)
7. OL/DL Brandt Rice 6' 5" 285 (Wausau West HS) Wausau, WI (T5/18/22) 3-Star #5 ranked in WI (Has 18 offers)

Paytonlives said:
Probably pretty quiet, but

4 days until the second signing day.

Of the know offers I would put them in this order from likely to least likely (But I can see none of these signing also)

1. WR- Micah Johnson 6' 2" 190 (Sunrise Mountain HS) Peoria, AZ (T 5/24/22) (San Jose State, NAU Offers) 2-Star
2. TE/DE- Gabe Hoffman 6' 6" 250 (Eastside Catholic HS) Sammamish, WA (T 6/9/22) 3-Star -Visit 12/17 (Down to UM, UNLV Arizona & NAU)
3. DB- Hunter I. Wiggins 6' 1" 190 (Lincoln HS) San Diego, CA (T 5/25/22) 3-Star (U of Indiana offer)
4. OL/DL- Tyson Ruffins 6' 3" 310 (Long Beach Cal Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (T 5/17/22) 3-Star (UNLV, Georgia Tech, Fresno, Nevada Offers)
5. DB- Matt Ballentinee 6' 3" 200 (Eastern Kentucky) (T 12/30/22) 1 to play 1 (UTEP, SFA)
6. LB/RB- Luke Anderson 6' 1" 215 (Fort Worth Christian) North Richland Hills, TX 3-Star (Incarnate Word, Tarleton)
7. OL/DL Brandt Rice 6' 5" 285 (Wausau West HS) Wausau, WI (T5/18/22) 3-Star #5 ranked in WI (Has 18 offers)
Out of these known offers, we know Hoffman came on a visit. Have any of the others visited?

Back