• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz vs. Sac St

GrizBaba

I started watching with about 4 minutes left in the 1st half; LG were up by 1 at the time. Sac started hitting their 3-ptrs and are up at halftime 47 - 38.

What. A. Comeback! Down 12 and they win! I think Holsinger mixed up his starting line up and had Konig starting (finally) and she scores like 23!

Those who didn’t watch missed out on an entertaining, gritty win by the Lady Griz.

Konig is phenomenal. She’s taken her game up a notch these past few games.

Bartsch was impressive as well.

When I started watching, the Lady Griz were up by 9. Sac hit a flurry of 3's and pulled ahead by 9 themselves. I stopped watching to get the Men's game on my computer when SAC was up by about 12. My wife kept me updated, but I refused to watch the TV. Lady Griz make a tremendous comeback for a fantastic win over the league leader.

Maybe I should have left the TV broadcast earlier! :lol:

Congrats to the Lady Griz!

Great effort to comeback for the win against the league leader.

Bartsch’s rebounding and hustle continues to impress me. Frustrating for Carmen tonight picking up those last two quick fouls to take her out of the game.

It looked like only one of Sac girls shook hands after the game. I was watching on tv and they cut away before i could see for sure.

What a great win. Sac St. has no bench and it caught up with them in the 4th quarter. They were exhausted. I really like how Dani is coming into her own as she gets more mins. She is so athletic. I think what I love the most.....

Lady Griz Frosh = 38 points

Sac St Frosh = 8

Brian is building a great team. Add in next years amazing recruiting class and look out. The glory days of the 90's could very well be coming back.

Grizrunr said:
What a great win. Sac St. has no bench and it caught up with them in the 4th quarter. They were exhausted. I really like how Dani is coming into her own as she gets more mins. She is so athletic. I think what I love the most.....

Lady Griz Frosh = 38 points

Sac St Frosh = 8

Brian is building a great team. Add in next years amazing recruiting class and look out. The glory days of the 90's could very well be coming back.

Sac's senior transfers outscored Lady Griz senior trans8fers (none hoopsfan!).......whatever to zero. Lady Griz have good frosh and sophomores. Sac needs 4 new starters next year!

Campbell has clearly assembled a talented roster. He's done a nice job of getting transfers (many of which have been from California originally) and elevating their play.

He's also signed four international recruits for 2023. International recruits can be very hit or miss, but the assistant he brought from Oregon was always regarded as a very good international recruiter.

I like the way that Holsinger is building his program from the bottom up. It's pretty obvious that he's bringing in exceptional talent as you can see in Stump and Konig. Get the best high school recruits you can, develop them over their four years, and use the transfer portal to fill in any gaps. It's a more consistent, reliable approach -- hopefully it pays off.

Holsinger and Campbell have been rivals for quite a while (Holsinger also filled the void Campbell left at OSU IIRC), so it's nice to see Holsinger is 3-0 against him.

Is it just me or did the refs make the weirdest calls? It seems like it was bad both ways. Phantom fouls on Gfeller, phantom traveling on Sac's center, phantom charge on Sammy, etc. Like I said, maybe it's just me.

This team is so much fun to watch! They play hard all the time, run an actual offense, and pick up the tempo and play some great pressure D!

Shout out to Joslyn's outfit. Classic!

info said:
It looked like only one of Sac girls shook hands after the game. I was watching on tv and they cut away before i could see for sure.

I was at the game. Sac’s whole team went through the handshake lineup and shook hands with the coaches. The ladies were so busy celebrating at mid-court right after the game, by the time they (the Lady Griz) made their way over, only like 1 or 2 Sac players were still going through the line. The rest had already shaken hands with Griz coaches and made their way to the locker room.

The ones that were still on the court, but heading to the locker room mostly stopped and waved as the Lady Griz waved at them because they missed almost all of the end game handshake celebrating.

Late-night listening as @Colter_Nuanez breaks down the Lady Griz epic comeback, #GrizHoops offensive woes, and Montana State's sweep of Portland State to each move to 7-2 in #BigSkyMBB & #BigSkyWBB play

https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-scoreboard-jan-26-2023-lady-griz-comeback-offensive-woes-for-griz-men-msu-sweeps-portland-state/

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1618864961572458496

One of the better games we've covered so far this season last night at Dahlberg.

@AndrewH202 has more on crucial #BigSkyWBB win for Montana over Sac State
https://skylinesportsmt.com/lady-griz-stick-to-game-plan-grit-to-comeback-win-against-first-place-sac-state/

Back