• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To Watch For: Lady Griz

HelenaHandBasket said:
Oh, and just to be real, if JM were still in Missoula, it would be on the end of the bench, not getting time before Marxen or Fatkin or Stump.

Yes, I assume that most of the women who left in recent years are happier playing on winning and ranked teams. I'd still like to see the LG play Carroll, and even Western. We'll see if the new coach is ever able to recruit a Native American player.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Oh, and just to be real, if JM were still in Missoula, it would be on the end of the bench, not getting time before Marxen or Fatkin or Stump.

Yes, I assume that most of the women who left in recent years are happier playing on winning and ranked teams. I'd still like to see the LG play Carroll, and even Western. We'll see if the new coach is ever able to recruit a Native American player.

You are too easy.

mthoopsfan said:
griz71 said:
FGCU located in Fort Myers is a mere 43.5 mikes north of Naples. Too far???? :roll:

I must have looked up the wrong school. I thought it was way up north. Thanks. I'll check the schedule. Glad someone is taking care of me. Edit: 2 away games; darn.

The in-laws on Sanibel are going to gone so we're spending our beach time in Destin the last couple weeks of February. Sanibel's a mess right now anyway. Are you taking in any other games?

mthoopsfan said:
GFeller and Fatkin are the 2 leading scorers. Fatkin is the leading rebounder, except for Bartsch who is .1 ahead of her. GFeller is right behind her. GFeller is shooting 49, 40 and 83 percentage.

To me, it's taking the coach a long time to get his recruits. And, my pet peeve, firing 6 players in his first week did absolutely nothing to speed up his recruiting.

8-11, 4-4, 4-5 at home. Give me Campbell. 6th in the conference now. Record is the 8th in conference out of 10. Maybe the LG played a tougher schedule; I don't know.

The team seems to be better this year, but it's definitely taking awhile.

Abby Anderson and Stiles would have helped this season.

I assume the players like the coach, but don't know. I know some parents of good players in MT think he's arrogant. Is he recruiting any MT players now? I assume the Tinkle coach is a good/big help.

As I said at the outset, I thought he would do well or reasonably well, but it's not like he's been shot out a cannon.

Of those of you who know, what do you think of him and his personality? He seems to smile. That's good.

Lady Griz frosh and sophs hanging with Sac States 4 seniors and 1 junior getting all the minutes. But these seniors and juniors appear to all be transfers.

Your way to build a program hoopsfan?

Back