• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Eastern has another brutal schedule

Griz til I die

DONOR
https://twitter.com/ewufootball/status/1618338179467333632?s=46&t=GOzfAuscD7oW0FPDoADXmA
A program that appears to be in shambles just isn’t doing themselves any favors with these brutal schedules. With all the deflections to the portal they have, and a team that just gave up in the second half of last season. I think the only way they get it back on track is if they fire Aaron Best.

Neutral site game against NDSU in Minneapolis at US Bank Stadium (home of the Vikings). Road trip to the defending MWC champions Fresno State. Home game against SELA. They’re not winning any of those games. No Griz or Sac State, but they do go to Davis and the cats and host Weber and Idaho. Who the hell are they gonna beat on this schedule??? They lost to Portland State at home last year, don’t think they can beat them in Portland. They squeaked out against Cal Poly, can they beat a Sam Huard led Poly team? They’re in for another tough season.

Wow, I see 2 to 3 wins on there. Likely the end of the Aaron Best era after next season.

How many kids have transferred out since last season?

go96griz said:
Wow, I see 2 to 3 wins on there. Likely the end of the Aaron Best era after next season.

5 but they include 3 starters, who each went to an FBS program. FTR, they also picked up two FBS transfers; a TE from San Diego State, and a DB from UCF.

I hope they don't ever get rid of Best. Love rooting against him and I don't think he can recruit.

Mavman said:
I hope they don't ever get rid of Best. Love rooting against him and I don't think he can recruit.
The red line is when the last of Beau Baldwin's recruits graduated.

image.png

I won’t root against EWU. Hate them? Absolutely, but they are the canary in the coal mine for college football and FCS in particular. They aren’t the only ones in trouble from a financial and enrollment perspective. BSC needs more good teams. Not less. Damn I hate seeing them on life support with that brutal schedule. Yes, their program is on life support.

Did anyone figure out WHY they dug themselves such a financial hole? Serious question. They're Spokane's commuter school, with the alure of a leper. How the hell does this place even TRY to recruit students, let along student athletes? :roll:

3-7-77 said:
Did anyone figure out WHY they dug themselves such a financial hole? Serious question. They're Spokane's commuter school, with the alure of a leper. How the hell does this place even TRY to recruit students, let along student athletes? :roll:

I think it costs like $13 per semester and is the best seven-year college in the area.

Griz til I die said:
A program that appears to be in shambles just isn’t doing themselves any favors with these brutal schedules. With all the deflections to the portal they have, and a team that just gave up in the second half of last season. I think the only way they get it back on track is if they fire Aaron Best.

Neutral site game against NDSU in Minneapolis at US Bank Stadium (home of the Vikings). Road trip to the defending MWC champions Fresno State. Home game against SELA. They’re not winning any of those games. No Griz or Sac State, but they do go to Davis and the cats and host Weber and Idaho. Who the hell are they gonna beat on this schedule??? They lost to Portland State at home last year, don’t think they can beat them in Portland. They squeaked out against Cal Poly, can they beat a Sam Huard led Poly team? They’re in for another tough season.
Why do people so easily forget that most of these schedules are put together 5 and sometimes more years away. It's not like they just set this one up after their worst year in decades. They were brave when these were set up as they had a top FCS program. They will do better than you're projecting; except for last year, they always do. One data point does not make a line with a slope. Not unlike the projections idiots on here are making for UM after an 8-5 year.

Suggesting EDWU has no chance against SELA, PSU and CPSLO is plain stupid and Weber (coach change) and Idaho will not have cakewalks on the red rug.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:

Why do people so easily forget that most of these schedules are put together 5 and sometimes more years away. It's not like they just set this one up after their worst year in decades. They were brave when these were set up as they had a top FCS program. They will do better than you're projecting; except for last year, they always do. One data point does not make a line with a slope. Not unlike the projections idiots on here are making for UM after an 8-5 year.

Suggesting EDWU has no chance against SELA, PSU and CPSLO is plain stupid.

Oh, shit. Here come AZ and the 7 alt accounts.
Edit: not your alt accounts, AZ.

tgreseth said:
go96griz said:

5 but they include 3 starters, who each went to an FBS program. FTR, they also picked up two FBS transfers; a TE from San Diego State, and a DB from UCF.

I think anyone that goes to school at EWoo is a douchebag...not just this guy.

kemajic said:
Griz til I die said:

Suggesting EDWU has no chance against SELA, PSU and CPSLO is plain stupid and Weber (coach change) and Idaho will not have cakewalks on the red rug.
I'm not basing it solely off their schedule. Go look at their roster. I can only name like 1 player on their offense and I hardly know anyone on their defense. They were bad last year and lost a bunch of their top players from that team who transferred. Not to mention they lost a few coaches as well, one of which I think may be their OC. I disagree Kem, I think they're gonna struggle. Best had the luxury of riding off of Baldwin's recruits and I don't think he can recruit worth a shit, and with their lack of funding I think it's gonna get worse.

I agree that these games are scheduled way in advance without any knowledge of what their conference schedule may look like, and I do think the Griz will be much better then people on here think, but man I struggle to see how Eastern gets back on track. Especially since Best seems pretty resistant to using the portal for the most part. I honestly don't see how they finish any better then 3-8.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

Suggesting EDWU has no chance against SELA, PSU and CPSLO is plain stupid.

Oh, shit. Here come AZ and the 7 alt accounts.
Edit: not your alt accounts, AZ.

:lame: I only have 5 alt accounts. :roll:

Good question, but do you really expect a straight answer from this crowd? I keep trying, but.......

3-7-77 said:
Good question, but do you really expect a straight answer from this crowd? I keep trying, but.......
According to the NDSU web-site they have a ton of alumni in the Twin Cities and played over there in 2019. It's a good chance to showcase their program and will give Viking fans a first hand opportunity to see what defensive players are suppose to do.

For the NDSU fans it's a chance to hit up Mall of America for those hard to find in Fargo items like jeans that aren't coveralls, and hats that don't have fertilizer logos on them. For Mom and Dad there are not one but two Golden Corals and for the kids it's a chance for many of them to see their first tree.

For the Eagles players it's a chance to fly across mile after mile of landscape that makes them feel better about their decision to move to Spokane.

When ya build a $1 Billion stadium, chances are you want as much activity there as humanly possible. I doubt there are more than a handful of people within commuting distance of that place who really givafk about EWU or where its located. I would suppose the marketers there found out what a 18,000 seat barn clears for a home game, and made NDSU an offer they couldn't refuse. No horse head in the bed, just bucks and common sense. Its a chance for NDSU to see how much of a 67,612 seat stadium they could fill, not withstanding the average girth of the average Bison fan portrayed on eGriz. Hells Bells, its only 200 miles of I-94. Their chance to show off their fan base, AND the Fargo area as to how much more of a stadium the could put to use. Hang on, FBS!
Sask, you put it together nicely with the Golden Corral and genes hits. Figured you'd put that Forestry Degree to some use with the 'tree' reference. :lol: Well done.

Side note: during my quick check on the internet I found out something that I'd never thought of asking. NDSU is a 'Dry' campus. No alcohol! A University without booze! Bluto would be aghast! Boggles the mind. You'd think Fargo was a suburb of Provo.

SaskGriz said:
3-7-77 said:
According to the NDSU web-site they have a ton of alumni in the Twin Cities and played over there in 2019. It's a good chance to showcase their program and will give Viking fans a first hand opportunity to see what defensive players are suppose to do.

For the NDSU fans it's a chance to hit up Mall of America for those hard to find in Fargo items like jeans that aren't coveralls, and hats that don't have fertilizer logos on them. For Mom and Dad there are not one but two Golden Corals and for the kids it's a chance for many of them to see their first tree.

For the Eagles players it's a chance to fly across mile after mile of landscape that makes them feel better about their decision to move to Spokane.
Not to mention the entertainment of Antifa riots, burning buildings, etc. Minneapolis is a special destination.

Back