• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Top QBs in Portal

kemajic said:
Copper Griz said:
The NCAA made this mess and nobody is putting Humpty Dumpty back together again!!
The NCAA didn't make this, they just watched as it happened. They don't have the power to exhibit control on anything significant in major college football.
They absolutely made the mess or greatly contributed to it. They refused to hear any argument about players being paid, were corrupt for years within leadership circles and did nothing to adapt with the changing landscape. Completely disagree with you.

Copper Griz said:
kemajic said:
The NCAA didn't make this, they just watched as it happened. They don't have the power to exhibit control on anything significant in major college football.
They absolutely made the mess or greatly contributed to it. They refused to hear any argument about players being paid, were corrupt for years within leadership circles and did nothing to adapt with the changing landscape. Completely disagree with you.
All of that is failure to do anything, which is my point. When you say they made the mess, that means they did something proactive, which they didn't. I don't understand your argument.

kemajic said:
Copper Griz said:
All of that is failure to do anything, which is my point. When you say they made the mess, that means they did something proactive, which they didn't. I don't understand your argument.

Ditto. Now I am tracking with you!

GrizRealist said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Clint Brewster
@clintbrew247
Former 5-star Washington transfer QB Sam Huard is giving Cal-Poly a legitimate look. His former HS coach Sheldon Cross is there.

I was told- "Don't be surprised if Sam and Junior Alexander end up at Cal-Poly together"

Huard has basically shown nothing from his 5 star skillset in his three years at Washington. He was seriously misevaluated (as many Washington prep athletes are) most likely due to his good QB lineage between his dad and uncle. As someone who follows the Pac-12 very closely, specifically the northern teams, I witnessed on multiple occasions UW fans clamoring during his recruitment that he was a generational talent who would likely start immediately and be gone in three years to the NFL. What transpired could not have been farther from that. It would be pretty crazy if the 249th ranked all-time recruit on 247 sports wound up playing FCS ball.

I think you are selling the kid short, and know that he has numerous FBS opportunities. I don't think he ends up at Poly, but if that is where he decides to go, it doesn't diminish his ability or accomplishments. I continue to shake my head when people look poorly on young men like Ifanse, because he chose to transfer to San Jose St, there is more than just football to base a decision.

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizRealist said:
Huard has basically shown nothing from his 5 star skillset in his three years at Washington. He was seriously misevaluated (as many Washington prep athletes are) most likely due to his good QB lineage between his dad and uncle. As someone who follows the Pac-12 very closely, specifically the northern teams, I witnessed on multiple occasions UW fans clamoring during his recruitment that he was a generational talent who would likely start immediately and be gone in three years to the NFL. What transpired could not have been farther from that. It would be pretty crazy if the 249th ranked all-time recruit on 247 sports wound up playing FCS ball.

I think you are selling the kid short, and know that he has numerous FBS opportunities. I don't think he ends up at Poly, but if that is where he decides to go, it doesn't diminish his ability or accomplishments. I continue to shake my head when people look poorly on young men like Ifanse, because he chose to transfer to San Jose St, there is more than just football to base a decision.

I'm just saying he was egregiously mis-evaluated. He was a composite 5-star recruit, which by defnition is "one of the top 30 players in the nation. This player has excellent pro-potential and should emerge as one of the best in the country before the end of his career. There will be 32 prospects ranked in this range in every football class to mirror the first round of the NFL Draft."

He was never really in the conversation for a starting role at UW, a school that was not exactly rolling in QB talent during his time there. He was an excellent prep playing in Washington, but the majority of his stats were against inferior competition. I'm sure he is a great kid, but he was a major letdown in terms of what he was expected to do at the college level.

Copper Griz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
How? He has one year to turn it around like Leipold in Kansas, DDykes at TCU, Riley at USC.

That goofball that left Boise for Auburn didn't get two years. Those folks paying the NIL money and paying for the programs want immediate success. He doesn't have the luxury of developing kids and building a program at the Power 5 level.

You mean the goofball who had a 15 million dollar payout after only coaching 21 games? The same goofball who would have toiled forever at Boise to make a fraction of that. The same goofball who will get hired somewhere as a coordinator and make several more millions if he wants to keep working? Yep, he is a goofball alright. We fans lose complete lack of perspective. This is a money game. Wins and losses for the coaches is job security and $$$. Win loss record for pride and competitiveness is secondary and they will jump at the first chance of big money. I don’t blame them one bit. What a cut throat terrible business college football is. Pretty sad really. The NCAA made this mess and nobody is putting Humpty Dumpty back together again!!

Glad you like boise...

Can't stand anything about that junior college and all the goofballs they produce, including ex-coaches.

And no, the Supreme Court made this decision to begin compensating the kids in the Power 5 schools. The wannabe schools and the Dakota schools are also offering decent FCOA (plus stipends) and lucrative NIL contracts.

Latest posts

Back