• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NC Head Coach from South Dakota State Retires

Hoops...Troy Taylor is undefeated against Bobby and you say it doesn't matter because of his playoff record. Stigs wins a National Championship and you say it doesn't matter because he didn't beat Bobby. You're an idiot.

Oldschoolhornet said:
Hoops...Troy Taylor is undefeated against Bobby and you say it doesn't matter because of his playoff record. Stigs wins a National Championship and you say it doesn't matter because he didn't beat Bobby. You're an idiot.

I didn't say that the Stigs accomplishments don't matter. I said that he never beat Bobby. No matter what anyone else says, Stigs did not beat Bobby. That's all I said.

Taylor can win all the games and conferences he wants, but he still only won one playoff game. A total embarrassment.

You are the idiot. You can neither read or comprehend. You must not have gotten a very good education, or are not very smart, or both. You are a jerk too.

We've been over this before, but trying to use coach Stig as a shot at Bobby is not the own you think it is.

Coach Hauck has coached in FCS for 11 years, and after Stig's first 11 years coaching in FCS, he had won the Great West conference once and his best record was 9-4. If you don't think Hauck has done enough to keep the job here at UM next season, I can only imagine what you'd think of a coach like Stig with a record like that.

He never would've gotten to 11 years coaching the Griz with that record.

Taylor took his playoff record at Sac State and parlayed it into a HC job at a prestigious university in the PAC 12 that will pay him north of $30 million and then he will retire with generational wealth. Bobby, who I'm fairly sure is a wonderful person, won some playoff games and parlayed it into the UNLV job where he got fired due to lack of success. As we know, he eventually limped back to Montana where he has taken the program to the level it is currently. Thank you for continuing to point out just how important those playoff records really are. No wonder so many guys on this site continually point out how diminished and addled you have become. I feel a little sorry for you.

uofmman1122 said:
We've been over this before, but trying to use coach Stig as a shot at Bobby is not the own you think it is.

Coach Hauck has coached in FCS for 11 years, and after Stig's first 11 years coaching in FCS, he had won the Great West conference once and his best record was 9-4. If you don't think Hauck has done enough to keep the job here at UM next season, I can only imagine what you'd think of a coach like Stig with a record like that.

Bobby didn’t take over a program that was a cellar dweller. The coaches who preceded Taylor absolutely sucked…so badly that the last coach with a winning record was coach in the 70’s and 80’s. The two preceding Taylor went 55-79. Similarly, the two coaches who preceded Stiegelmeier went a combined 85-76.

How long of a rope do you think Andy Thompson or Jimmy Rodgers are going to get if they fall back to mediocrity?

A better comparison to Stiegelmeier is Don Read. HE took over a mediocre, cellar dweller and took 8 years to build a true “program”. And actually, if you look at Read’s record, he survived the 90, 91, 92 lull only BECAUSE of how crappy the Griz were from about 1942 on (with the exception of a couple Swarthout years). Back then 7-4 or 6-5 was considered a success.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

Bobby didn’t take over a program that was a cellar dweller. The coaches who preceded Taylor absolutely sucked…so badly that the last coach with a winning record was coach in the 70’s and 80’s. The two preceding Taylor went 55-79. Similarly, the two coaches who preceded Stiegelmeier went a combined 85-76.

How long of a rope do you think Andy Thompson or Jimmy Rodgers are going to get if they fall back to mediocrity?

A better comparison to Stiegelmeier is Don Read. HE took over a mediocre, cellar dweller and took 8 years to build a true “program”. And actually, if you look at Read’s record, he survived the 90, 91, 92 lull only BECAUSE of how crappy the Griz were from about 1942 on (with the exception of a couple Swarthout years). Back then 7-4 or 6-5 was considered a success.

The comparison to Coach Read is a good point.

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

If you're bringing up Troy Taylor in comparison to John Stiegelmeyer, it's not a very flattering comparison for Stig. I don't think Thompson or Rodgers will get more than a few years if they suck again, but they also don't have any history of success as head coaches.

We weren't that great when Bobby took over again in 2018, though. Stig's coaches before him won 53% (85-76) of their games, but Booger and Stitt only won 61% (45-28) of their games, and would've been under 60% without the one 10-3 season in 2013. Hell, the guy right before Stig went 41-23, which was better than Stitt did here, so he actually underperformed for years. Don Read won his championship in his 10th year at Montana. Stig won his in year 26. I don't think those are particularly close.

Again, there are a lot of coaches you could bring up to slam coach Hauck for not turning us around faster or performing better. John Stiegelmeyer is not one of them. His school trusted him long, LONG term to deliver the championship this last year, despite the fanbase consistently calling for him to be fired.

The.Real.2506 said:
kemajic said:
Stiegelmeier retires 0-4 vs Montana and 0-3 vs BH.

Other than the one playoff game, were the rest when SDSU was still DII ?

The space before punctuation thing has intrigued me for a few years now. I know ellipses should have spaces between dots traditionally, but why are so many people putting spaces between the last word and the terminal punctuation these days? Genuine question for the board.

CDAGRIZ said:
The.Real.2506 said:

The space before punctuation thing has intrigued me for a few years now. I know ellipses should have spaces between dots traditionally, but why are so many people putting spaces between the last word and the terminal punctuation these days? Genuine question for the board.

covid vaccine

tgreseth said:
CDAGRIZ said:

covid vaccine

Well done. :clap:

CDAGRIZ said:
The.Real.2506 said:

I am by no means grammatically prepared to answer this question .

alabamagrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I am by no means grammatically prepared to answer this question .

Varsity touch, right there. All respect.

uofmman1122 said:

yes, we've been over this before. It's like comparing apples and cumquats. There is nothing remotely similar to their two situations.

Back