• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ifanse to San Jose St

Griz til I die said:
RoseyMustGo said:
I think it's called good recruiting............
What's funny though is the he's transferred twice now from ASU where he never played, to UW where he never played, and now to the cats where he will likely start. Weren't you just bashing Hayden Harris for never playing at UCLA? This kid never played at 2 different schools. At least Harris played in 3 games and stuck it out with UCLA and didn't transfer several times.

He played in games at both UW (1) and ASU (2, as a true freshman). So he played 3 games total, just like Harris.

grizatwork said:
San Jose State has been better than Nebraska the past year at least. Plus Cali weather.

Have you ever seen San Jose State facilities? They are really poor compared to peer schools. Not to mention the are viewed fairly poorly relative to most other California schools from an academic perspective. I think this is a huge disappointment based on his abilities.

go96griz said:
grizatwork said:
San Jose State has been better than Nebraska the past year at least. Plus Cali weather.

Have you ever seen San Jose State facilities? They are really poor compared to peer schools. Not to mention the are viewed fairly poorly relative to most other California schools from an academic perspective. I think this is a huge disappointment based on his abilities.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEFCU_Stadium#:~:text=Seating%20capacity%20remained%20at%2030%2C456,be%20completed%20in%20August%202023.

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/glass-half-full-san-jos-state-ad-jeff-konya-bullish-on-future-after-heavy-investments

How many of you remember a Griz football player who went into administration and built the Miami football program? Sam built that program from scratch and San Jose is way ahead of where he started. Sleeping giants.

Remember who gave Dennis his first OC position?

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2022/5/18/23074335/the-rise-of-the-new-san-jose-state-spartan-athletics-center

Griz til I die said:
RoseyMustGo said:
I think it's called good recruiting............
What's funny though is the he's transferred twice now from ASU where he never played, to UW where he never played, and now to the cats where he will likely start. Weren't you just bashing Hayden Harris for never playing at UCLA? This kid never played at 2 different schools. At least Harris played in 3 games and stuck it out with UCLA and didn't transfer several times.

What??? I never bashed Hayden Harris. Since you accused me of doing so, please provide the post where I based this kid?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GrizRealist said:
Generally speaking, I think the quality of football/athletes in the state of Washington is wildly overrated overall. They have had quite a few preps bust at the P5 college level that were 5 Stars coming out of high school, most recently guys like Sam Huard and Sa'Vell Smalls, who have made basically no impact after being in the UW program for several seasons. But, they doing have some some hit as well, most notable Emeka Egbuka and JT Tuimoloau, who both play a prominent role for Ohio State. When you start looking at the alltime best preps out of the state of Washington, there is really only about 4 in the top 15 that made or are making a truly meaningful impact at the college level.

Why has the high school programs fallen so much the last few years in Washington, in your opinion?

Pretty obvious that high school football talent in the Left Coast states has diminished over what it was 20 years ago. Lots of reasons, but I think the woke culture which has taken-over those three states has caused much fewer kids to even play football. So many young men there are still obsessing about whether they are a male or female. Soccer has gotten really big on the Left Coast.

RoseyMustGo said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Why has the high school programs fallen so much the last few years in Washington, in your opinion?

Pretty obvious that high school football talent in the Left Coast states has diminished over what it was 20 years ago. Lots of reasons, but I think the woke culture which has taken-over those three states has caused much fewer kids to even play football. So many young men there are still obsessing about whether they are a male or female. Soccer has gotten really big on the Left Coast.

At least you aren’t a judgmental person.

Grizzlies1982 said:
Too bad for Ifanse. Lousy program to end up at.

He is a gifted running back. Hope he has a great season there.
SJSU is still not great, but also not "lousy" under their current coach, Brent Brennan. He's had them 19-13 over the last three seasons, and they went to two bowl games during that stretch. So ... it might not be too bad.

IdaGriz01 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Too bad for Ifanse. Lousy program to end up at.

He is a gifted running back. Hope he has a great season there.
SJSU is still not great, but also not "lousy" under their current coach, Brent Brennan. He's had them 19-13 over the last three seasons, and they went to two bowl games during that stretch. So ... it might not be too bad.

Agreed. I wouldn’t want to live in San Jose, but the program itself is on the upswing.

Back