• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bison losing more big-time players.__

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Their stud RB Kobe Johnson entered portal today. 3 days ago their starting CB and safety did, too. Their dept h chart has taken a big hit and change.

Maybe they have bad coaches who should be fired. Can't keep the team together. Antiquated. Don't know social media. Can't win the big games. Can't even win the conference.

After the UIW game I watch the interview with the fat bizon coach. He crowed about how tuff and great the bizon were. Bizon were extremely lucky to beat UIW. I enjoy UIW offense. UIW gave that game away. I knew when I heard the fats mans comments he is a average coach at best. Bizon domination has ended.

I think the problem is that for years they've been able to convince these P5 level recruits to come to NDSU and tear it up and basically guarantee them a national championship with a good shot at making the NFL. Now that they seem to be facing a little bit of adversity and it's not a forgone conclusion that they're gonna win it all, they're all abandoning ship.

I would love nothing more than to see NDSU struggle this year. Hopefully this is a sign of good things coming.

When PJ Fleck was at Western Michigan he said he wouldn't go beyond 200 miles of Kalamazoo to recruit. (now that easy to say when Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis and Grand Rapids are in that circle) His point was he wanted the players parents to be in the stands. When he got to Minnesota the Gophers players were from Florida Texas Georgia etc. they hardly recruited their own state.
When Fleck arrived he said he was going to recruit Minnesota first and formost. Minnesota has one Div 1 school and a ton of Div III schools. Same as Wisconsin but the Badgers rarely miss out on a Wisconsin kid. Both state might have a couple Div II schools. St Thomas in Minni-no-place just moved to FCS last year. All the tweener Div I players from Minnesota were going to NDSU. It's 150 miles from Minni-no-place. NDSU coaches could promise those kids a chance to play close to home play, 14-15 games a year, get plenty of looks from NFL scouts yada yada yada.
Fleck has stated taking those 3 star recruits that the Bison use to get and making the state proud of their team again. He's had a big impact on the Golden Corral crew. Keep an eye on St Thomas too. Those guys are gaining momentum.

Back