• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hey!

citay said:
So we’re a basketball school! :cry:

A work in progress with this team, but the future looks bright! This team will get their system down and Travis will get his substitutions more in sync. Moody is such a fighter. Bannon is getting stronger. Dishon will keep improving. The hi lo passing could really be a strength as the season goes on. Expectations look better than last year for sure.

rocklobster said:
citay said:
So we’re a basketball school! :cry:

A work in progress with this team, but the future looks bright! This team will get their system down and Travis will get his substitutions more in sync. Moody is such a fighter. Bannon is getting stronger. Dishon will keep improving. The hi lo passing could really be a strength as the season goes on. Expectations look better than last year for sure.
:clap: Add: A significantly deeper bench with players who will significantly buttress this team as it heads into conference play. Also: Five players not suited up, meaning the program is clearly building for the future.

grizzlyjournal said:
rocklobster said:
:clap: Add: A significantly deeper bench with players who will significantly buttress this team as it heads into conference play. Also: Five players not suited up, meaning the program is clearly building for the future.

:thumb:

Time for the early season basketball hype after huge wins against St. Thomas and Merrimack.....both 1st or 2nd year D1 teams. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Mousegriz said:
Time for the early season basketball hype after huge wins against St. Thomas and Merrimack.....both 1st or 2nd year D1 teams. Why do we do this to ourselves?

These are our peers

Still undersized, still lack athleticism, still lack shot creators. I'm seeing better ball movement and off the ball movement though. Lots of open shots I just don't know if our shooters outside of moody are as good as we/the staff thought they were. Certainly some positives but i still see some deficiencies that make our margin for error pretty small. I think we'll be better than the last couple years but how much better I'm not sure.

grizzlyjournal said:
rocklobster said:

Great Bench tonight

We need to fire our hc. MSU N played us tight! We will finish in the bottom 1/3 of the ridiculous big sky. Bring back Krystowiak or someone else! If we don’t fire this dude soon our bball program will be totally destroyed! I think he recruits decent guards…that’s bout it. No development at all, no bigs ever, & now can barely beat Havre. Sad day for Griz bball

Griznation02 said:
We need to fire our hc. MSU N played us tight! We will finish in the bottom 1/3 of the ridiculous big sky. Bring back Krystowiak or someone else! If we don’t fire this dude soon our bball program will be totally destroyed! I think he recruits decent guards…that’s bout it. No development at all, no bigs ever, & now can barely beat Havre. Sad day for Griz bball

Seems a little extreme, you could tell both teams were gassed from a tough stretch of games. I wouldn't take much from that game

You are plain dumb if you think Krystko is coming back. Travis isn't perfect, but he's one of the better coaches in low/mid major basketball. Checks a lot of boxes, just like Hauck. UM leadership has done good work getting those two.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Hurdlingriz said:
.., you could tell both teams were gassed from a tough stretch of games.

Twenty-year olds get tired? :shock:

I kind of question that too. While in college, then the military, we'd play full court 4+ hours every evening. Yes, the games were very physical. Hell, that was my thing until around 35. No way, I could do it now.

mtgrizrule said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Twenty-year olds get tired? :shock:

I kind of question that too. While in college, then the military, we'd play full court 4+ hours every evening. Yes, the games were very physical. Hell, that was my thing until around 35. No way, I could do it now.

Yes, they do. And even tired they'd destroy 100% of the audience but they do fatigue. I coach high school kids and wouldn't ya know it, I've screwed up and wore them out once in awhile. Your 4th hour of hoops no way matched your 1st hour

Hurdlingriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Yes, they do. And even tired they'd destroy 100% of the audience but they do fatigue. I coach high school kids and wouldn't ya know it, I've screwed up and wore them out once in awhile. Your 4th hour of hoops no way matched your 1st hour

I too have coached. If teams are at the same level, both teams face fatigue throughout the season. I honestly told my players why we would condition so much. They totally bought into it. Better conditioned teams have an advantage. Personally, I loved playing later than earlier. Why? I knew I could outlast most other players.

Yes it plays a role. However, it should never be allowed as an excuse! Every team and player has control of their conditioning. Teams should know, the more you move the ball, the more tired your opponents get. They should look to know, which opposing players are tired and attack those players.

The better teams use fatigue to their advantage, not as an excuse.

mtgrizrule said:
Hurdlingriz said:

I too have coached. If teams are at the same level, both teams face fatigue throughout the season. I honestly told my players why we would condition so much. They totally bought into it. Better conditioned teams have an advantage. Personally, I loved playing later than earlier. Why? I knew I could outlast most other players.

Yes it plays a role. However, it should never be allowed as an excuse! Every team and player has control of their conditioning. Teams should know, the more you move the ball, the more tired your opponents get. They should look to know, which opposing players are tired and attack those players.

The better teams use fatigue to their advantage, not as an excuse.

True, just think it's early, it'll be there. Overworking will also show signs of fatigue which teams tend to work hard early in conditioning. Also doubt they were super juiced for Northern. Just think it's early to rip into them for a game I think you can take very little from

I've only watched UM play a couple of times this season. To me they look like a typical Griz team. They play tough D, while trying to slow it a bit on the offensive end in an effort to be efficient. That efficiency will likely come later, when everyone get used to each other.

You played an AF team, who basically does the same thing, and did well in the close loss.

If I had to judge this early in the season, I would say that you look to be just as good as last year. :thumb: :clap:

CopperGold14 said:
You are plain dumb if you think Krystko is coming back. Travis isn't perfect, but he's one of the better coaches in low/mid major basketball. Checks a lot of boxes, just like Hauck. UM leadership has done good work getting those two.

Firstly, you are right. Krysko (and more importantly his wife) is never coming back to Msla.

What do you mean by "checks a lot of boxes" about Decuire? My initial thought when I hear that phrase lately assumes you mean "he's black", but then you said "like Hauck",so I really don't know what you mean by that. You're not wrong, in that Travis could and would be a potential hire for a bigger program if the Griz make the NCAA's let's say. I have nothing against Travis, and forgive me for being blunt, but he has never been able to recruit/coach up big men and I think he is about as average as it gets, but being black definately doesn't hurt his potential to move up these days. Am I wrong?

Back