• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mthoopsfan said:
retiredpopo said:
Venmo unless set to private is available to public feed so unless your account is set on private anyone on the internet can see your transactions ....Venmo is considered social media, everybody wants everyone else to know who they are paying and getting paid by I guess.

Nope. Our family and almost everyone I know uses Venmo. Not one has it said so that everyone can see who they are paying.

That's exactly what popo said. With Venmo, unless you specifically either (a) select the private option in settings or (b) mark each transaction private while conducting them, every transaction on Venmo is public and viewable by all users.

dayday said:
No idea if actually true or not this report. Anyways, he is the Best football player in the state. Griz might regret it if he ends up on another big sky team. He has a lot talent.

I think he should have been given a spot on the team as a walk-on that seemed fair for the terrible mistake he made. I do a lot of juvenile work as a defense attorney. I’m a big believer in second chances for things even much worse than this.

Sister Helen Prejean once said the dignity of the human being is that they are worth more than the worst thing they have ever done. Really should never look down on someone unless you lending them a hand back up. Everyone is redeemable. Put him on the team and teach him a better way of acceptance and cultural understanding. Make the world 1 % better by improving your fellow man.
From what I've heard from people close to him, this is far and away the worst thing he has ever done and is totally out of character for him.

EverettGriz said:
wbtfg said:
I just want to make sure I'm following correctly. The guy who indicated he used Venmo to pay for "N*gger f*cking" and then posted a black emjoi head with a gun to it is the victim?

Do I have that right?

It's ALL about politics for kem, wbt. Facts don't matter as long as you can "stick it to the woke libs". And can ANYONE explain to me what "woke" is?
So you read no politics into the Kaimin article? That explains a lot.

uofmman1122 said:
UncleRico said:
I am left of center on just about everything. But I am also a believer that the punishment should fit the crime.He lost his scholarship and has faced public humiliation. It was a really dumb thing to put out there publicly. But why the hell go any further? Give the kid a chance to redeem himself. Our society loves to pile on people when they are down. He needs to win over his teammates especially those are African Americans. What would be more useful for race relations? A kid that screwed up and ends up gaining the respect of his teammates or by banishing him?
He isn't entitled to a spot on the team, and I don't understand why people think the only way for him to redeem himself or win over his black teammates is by being a member of the team. If this is indeed true, it seems the coaches agree, and if he still wants to prove he should be a member of the Griz, he can try again next year.

I would guess the coaches have quite a bit of external pressure in this case. I am saying that losing his scholarship and being publicly scorned is sufficient punishment for a high school kid putting out an offensive message on social media. Not letting him walk on is excessive punishment. Fucking ridiculous.

dayday said:
No idea if actually true or not this report. Anyways, he is the Best football player in the state. Griz might regret it if he ends up on another big sky team. He has a lot talent.

I think he should have been given a spot on the team as a walk-on that seemed fair for the terrible mistake he made. I do a lot of juvenile work as a defense attorney. I’m a big believer in second chances for things even much worse than this.

Sister Helen Prejean once said the dignity of the human being is that they are worth more than the worst thing they have ever done. Really should never look down on someone unless you lending them a hand back up. Everyone is redeemable. Put him on the team and teach him a better way of acceptance and cultural understanding. Make the world 1 % better by improving your fellow man.
I’m not aware of everything the young man did, but I do know that most of you have done things that are much worse in life. He deserves a second chance and even a third chance. This shouldn’t even be a matter of debate.

This sentence from the article is incredibly annoying:
"The Grizzly football team has attracted some substantial blowback across Hauck’s two tenures from 2003-09 and 2018-present, including a multitude of sexual assault and rape cases as well as other violent offenses among its players."

It's sloppy reporting and (deliberately) makes it sound as if there are continued, ongoing violent assaults by UM football players which is simply not true.

I agree that the kid made a really dumb mistake and deserves a second chance, but it appears that in the current climate he's not going to get it. I sure am glad that I did all my stupid stuff before the advent of the Internet and social media.

I can’t even remark on the stupid things I did and said as a teenager but I currently run a small business that employs and feeds 5 families.
This decision shows leadership that is running scared and can’t simulate thought to what is right or wrong but covers it’s ass at the expense of a young person. Unless Crews really messed up after the disclosure I am slowly losing confidence in the leadership,of both the Athletic Department and the Administration. Point…Hauck has yet to even sniff at the semi finals because his inability to field an offensive line. Bodner and Haslem didn’t even converse regarding the implementation of a museum in a most particular location. Yes that’s correct Bodner didnt even reach out to Haslem . Who’s running this show Engstrom? I personally hope Crews signs with MSU, becomes an academic scholar, and becomes the next Troy Anderson. THIS IS A MISTAKE THAT HAS IMPROPERLY PENALIZED A CHILD FOR A WRONG DOING. That’s right a child! Talk about short sidedness. These are kids for Pete’s sake.. :rant:

Flare away!

Spanky2 said:
dayday said:

I’m not aware of everything the young man did, but I do know that most of you have done things that are much worse in life. He deserves a second chance and even a third chance. This shouldn’t even be a matter of debate.

And that doesn't count the s**t where they (and myself as well ) didn't get caught.

UncleRico said:
uofmman1122 said:
He isn't entitled to a spot on the team, and I don't understand why people think the only way for him to redeem himself or win over his black teammates is by being a member of the team. If this is indeed true, it seems the coaches agree, and if he still wants to prove he should be a member of the Griz, he can try again next year.

I would guess the coaches have quite a bit of external pressure in this case. I am saying that losing his scholarship and being publicly scorned is sufficient punishment for a high school kid putting out an offensive message on social media. Not letting him walk on is excessive punishment. f###[#] ridiculous.
You'd probably be surprised to hear the largest amount of external pressure directly on the coaches is coming from people that think they should give him his scholarship back.

Da Boyz Mom said:
This sentence from the article is incredibly annoying:
"The Grizzly football team has attracted some substantial blowback across Hauck’s two tenures from 2003-09 and 2018-present, including a multitude of sexual assault and rape cases as well as other violent offenses among its players."

It's sloppy reporting and (deliberately) makes it sound as if there are continued, ongoing violent assaults by UM football players which is simply not true.

I agree that the kid made a really dumb mistake and deserves a second chance, but it appears that in the current climate he's not going to get it. I sure am glad that I did all my stupid stuff before the advent of the Internet and social media.

It is alas the state of the media these days and if this is what J schools are producing these days the future doesn't look much better.

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Nope. Our family and almost everyone I know uses Venmo. Not one has it said so that everyone can see who they are paying.

That's exactly what popo said. With Venmo, unless you specifically either (a) select the private option in settings or (b) mark each transaction private while conducting them, every transaction on Venmo is public and viewable by all users.

No, that's not what was said. I said that my family and almost everyone I know uses Venmo privately. You obviously don't know how to use Venmo.

dayday said:

:clap:

wbtfg said:
kemajic said:
It's Tye Brown auditioning for a spot on the Missoulian, showcasing his woke capability, complete with threats.

I just want to make sure I'm following correctly. The guy who indicated he used Venmo to pay for "N*gger f*cking" and then posted a black emjoi head with a gun to it is the victim?

Do I have that right?
Aren’t you the piece of shit who saved the KID’S screen shot on your phone to resurrect years later on your rivals FB message board? We just got done trashing your dumb ass for this, and you do it again? That’s beyond stupidity and into the realm of something much worse. What other evidence of kids’ mistakes do you covet on your devices? Fucking sicko

garizzalies said:
wbtfg said:

Do I have that right?
Aren’t you the piece of shit who saved the KID’S screen shot on your phone to resurrect years later on your rivals FB message board? We just got done trashing your dumb ass for this, and you do it again? That’s beyond stupidity and into the realm of something much worse. What other evidence of kids’ mistakes do you covet on your devices? f###[#] sicko

Uhhhh....nope.

wbtfg said:
garizzalies said:
Aren’t you the piece of shit who saved the KID’S screen shot on your phone to resurrect years later on your rivals FB message board? We just got done trashing your dumb ass for this, and you do it again? That’s beyond stupidity and into the realm of something much worse. What other evidence of kids’ mistakes do you covet on your devices? f###[#] sicko

Uhhhh....nope.
Uhhhh…..yep. You did it on page 3 of this very thread and I scolded you on page 4. And you did it again just now!!!
Good grief dude are you playing dumb or really that fucking stupid?
Why do you get off proliferating kids’ mistakes? Does that make you feel big?
I think that’s it. Most bubfats have little-man’s disease and truck nutz.
How many times in the last year or so have we seen an inappropriate issue between a bubfat fan and some kid? This is like example number 5 or 6 now. It’s so gross.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:

No, that's not what was said. I said that my family and almost everyone I know uses Venmo privately. You obviously don't know how to use Venmo.

Umm, I just described how to use Venmo. But, uhh, congratulations to you and your family, I guess?

I’d love to see Zach as a GRIZ and hope it might still happen someday. But I trust this staff to make decisions they feel are in the best interest of the team.

garizzalies said:
wbtfg said:
Uhhhh....nope.
Uhhhh…..yep. You did it on page 3 of this very thread and I scolded you on page 4. And you did it again just now!!!
Good grief dude are you playing dumb or really that f###[#] stupid?
How many times in the last year or so have we seen an inappropriate issue between a bubfat fan and some kid? This is like example number 5 or 6 now. It’s so gross.

Someone messaged me a screen shot. I still have the message, just like I have all my messages. I didn't snap a screen shot and save it to use later.

Sorry to ruin your narrative there, Matlock. Lol.

Did you miss my response on page 4?

"I didn’t take a screen shot. A buddy texted it to me back when it happened. A Griz fan. 🤷🏼‍♂️

To be clear, I don’t have a strong opinion of how UM should handle the situation. Just pointing out to mthoops that his narrative of what happened isn’t accurate."

wbtfg said:
garizzalies said:
Good grief dude are you playing dumb or really that f###[#] stupid?

Someone messaged me a screen shot. I still have the message, just like I have all my messages. I didn't snap a screen shot and save it to use later.

Sorry to ruin your narrative there, Matlock. Lol.

Did you miss my response on page 4?

"I didn’t take a screen shot. A buddy texted it to me back when it happened. A Griz fan. 🤷🏼‍♂️

To be clear, I don’t have a strong opinion of how UM should handle the situation. Just pointing out to mthoops that his narrative of what happened isn’t accurate."
Yes and did you see my reply on page 4? You kept access to it to refer back years later and used it for some kind of gotcha moment on your rival’s message board.

Then you got called out on it and you did it again. Multiple times now.

He’s a fucking kid you moron. Your proliferation of some KID’s horrible mistake is disgusting but you keep doing it and trying to explain or defend doing it.

Do you think your duty to correct the “narrative” on your rival’s message board out-weighs the breach of proliferating a kid’s horrible mistake?

uofmman1122 said:
UncleRico said:
I would guess the coaches have quite a bit of external pressure in this case. I am saying that losing his scholarship and being publicly scorned is sufficient punishment for a high school kid putting out an offensive message on social media. Not letting him walk on is excessive punishment. f###[#] ridiculous.
You'd probably be surprised to hear the largest amount of external pressure directly on the coaches is coming from people that think they should give him his scholarship back.

So what your saying is someone’s turned deaf ears to the masses to appease the few? That never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back