• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zac Crews Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrizTexas said:
Brother Bear said:
http://www.montanakaimin.com/opinion/opinion-um-football-should-brace-for-blowback-if-it-signs-zac-crews/article_24ac1250-bb55-11ec-9619-9bdbf5abd444.html

Above is the link to the Kaimin article...
Nothing in the article that hasn't already been said! Certainly nothing that would facilitate a quick decision by the University...
It's Tye Brown auditioning for a spot on the Missoulian, showcasing his woke capability, complete with threats.

kemajic said:
GrizTexas said:
Nothing in the article that hasn't already been said! Certainly nothing that would facilitate a quick decision by the University...
It's Tye Brown auditioning for a spot on the Missoulian, showcasing his woke capability, complete with threats.

I just want to make sure I'm following correctly. The guy who indicated he used Venmo to pay for "N*gger f*cking" and then posted a black emjoi head with a gun to it is the victim?

Do I have that right?

At this point I think Hauck should move on from this kid. The local media will make it a nightmare for both Crews and the football program if he is on the team. His teammates may accept him, the fan base may accept him, but the fact is that the local media there hates Hauck and the team and will do anything they can to damage them. Having crews on the team just gives them a easy target.

That Corbin guy looks like a huge dickhead. He left the program in spring 2019. Spread the Crews thing multiple times on social media 2.5 years after leaving program. How about just calling it to the coaches’ attention? I am glad someone like that isn’t with the program. The fact that the incident occurred on Venmo, rather than twitter or Facebook, influences my view.

grizingatorland said:
At this point I think Hauck should move on from this kid. The local media will make it a nightmare for both Crews and the football program if he is on the team. His teammates may accept him, the fan base may accept him, but the fact is that the local media there hates Hauck and the team and will do anything they can to damage them. Having crews on the team just gives them a easy target.

I doubt the media could do much. Unless Crews is a bad kid or done more, I don’t get the big problem. I assume the recipient of the Venmo didn’t complain. If the recipient was offended, then that would alter my view.

mthoopsfan said:
That Corbin guy looks like a huge dickhead. He left the program in spring 2019. Spread the Crews thing multiple times on social media 2.5 years after leaving program. How about just calling it to the coaches’ attention? I am glad someone like that isn’t with the program. The fact that the incident occurred on Venmo, rather than twitter or Facebook, influences my view.

Venmo unless set to private is available to public feed so unless your account is set on private anyone on the internet can see your transactions ....Venmo is considered social media, everybody wants everyone else to know who they are paying and getting paid by I guess.

mthoopsfan said:

At least your "Holsinger thing" is only one + year old! :thumb:

wbtfg said:
kemajic said:

I just want to make sure I'm following correctly. The guy who indicated he used Venmo to pay for "N*gger f*cking" and then posted a black emjoi head with a gun to it is the victim?

Do I have that right?

It's ALL about politics for kem, wbt. Facts don't matter as long as you can "stick it to the woke libs". And can ANYONE explain to me what "woke" is?

Josh Allen?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/26/nfl-draft-josh-allen-apologizes-tweets

https://www.yahoo.com/news/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

EverettGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Do I have that right?

It's ALL about politics for kem, wbt. Facts don't matter as long as you can "stick it to the woke libs". And can ANYONE explain to me what "woke" is?

...racial awareness..everett...
...understanding americas racist past...
...learning from it..rather than hiding from it...

... :geek: ...

zengriz said:
EverettGriz said:

:lol: :lol: Were it only that….

zengriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I am left of center on just about everything. But I am also a believer that the punishment should fit the crime.He lost his scholarship and has faced public humiliation. It was a really dumb thing to put out there publicly. But why the hell go any further? Give the kid a chance to redeem himself. Our society loves to pile on people when they are down. He needs to win over his teammates especially those are African Americans. What would be more useful for race relations? A kid that screwed up and ends up gaining the respect of his teammates or by banishing him?

Who ultimately makes this decision? Hauck? Bodner? Haslem? I agree with Rico’s last comment……

UncleRico said:
zengriz said:

I am left of center on just about everything. But I am also a believer that the punishment should fit the crime.He lost his scholarship and has faced public humiliation. It was a really dumb thing to put out there publicly. But why the hell go any further? Give the kid a chance to redeem himself. Our society loves to pile on people when they are down. He needs to win over his teammates especially those are African Americans. What would be more useful for race relations? A kid that screwed up and ends up gaining the respect of his teammates or by banishing him?
He isn't entitled to a spot on the team, and I don't understand why people think the only way for him to redeem himself or win over his black teammates is by being a member of the team. If this is indeed true, it seems the coaches agree, and if he still wants to prove he should be a member of the Griz, he can try again next year.

retiredpopo said:
mthoopsfan said:

Venmo unless set to private is available to public feed so unless your account is set on private anyone on the internet can see your transactions ....Venmo is considered social media, everybody wants everyone else to know who they are paying and getting paid by I guess.

Nope. Our family and almost everyone I know uses Venmo. Not one has it said so that everyone can see who they are paying.

Mousegriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

At least your "Holsinger thing" is only one + year old! :thumb:

Hey, Mr. Racist. Stop it.

EverettGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Do I have that right?

Woke, from the dictionary:

"Woke is now defined in this dictionary as “aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice),” and identified as U.S. slang. It originated in African American English and gained more widespread use beginning in 2014 as part of the Black Lives Matter movement. By the end of that same decade it was also being applied by some as a general pejorative for anyone who is or appears to be politically left-leaning."

I suppose you can't define a woman either.

No idea if actually true or not this report. Anyways, he is the Best football player in the state. Griz might regret it if he ends up on another big sky team. He has a lot talent.

I think he should have been given a spot on the team as a walk-on that seemed fair for the terrible mistake he made. I do a lot of juvenile work as a defense attorney. I’m a big believer in second chances for things even much worse than this.

Sister Helen Prejean once said the dignity of the human being is that they are worth more than the worst thing they have ever done. Really should never look down on someone unless you lending them a hand back up. Everyone is redeemable. Put him on the team and teach him a better way of acceptance and cultural understanding. Make the world 1 % better by improving your fellow man.

mthoopsfan said:
retiredpopo said:

Nope. Our family and almost everyone I know uses Venmo. Not one has it said so that everyone can see who they are paying.

apparently Zac should have done the same....apparently a lot of people do not have it set as private as the default is public. One stat said 40% are not on private, me I still pay the old fashioned way, I trade chickens and goats for goods... https://www.cnet.com/news/privacy/venmo-explains-why-transactions-are-public-by-default/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back