• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cooper kupp

it has only been three games, but now he leads the nfl in catches (tied), yards, and td's.

argh! said:
it has only been three games, but now he leads the nfl in catches (tied), yards, and td's.

I'm a Packer fan so I was thinking Davante Adams had to be close, so I looked it up. He's 2nd :lol:

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2021/REG/all/receivingreceptions/desc

speaking of eastern washington (a couple days ago), cooper kupp is still putting up absurd numbers in the professional league.

leading nfl in receptions, yards, td's, and more, mostly by a long ways. already named to pro bowl. the guy is having an amazing season, already broke the rams receptions record for a year.

argh! said:
leading nfl in receptions, yards, td's, and more, mostly by a long ways. already named to pro bowl. the guy is having an amazing season, already broke the rams receptions record for a year.

Cooper is amazing. I love it. Representing the BSC well.

Some Rams fans are over-reaching in stating that a Kupp win would make him the first ever WR to be MVP. Rice won it in 1987, another FCS player. Some are also claiming that Kupp can't win it because MVP is a QB-only award, but that's not true. They probably think that because in the last twenty years or so, only RB Adrian Peterson has won it. Personally, I don't see any QBs or RBs with a better resume than Kupp. No OL is a threat, as no lineman has won it since Lou "The Toe" Groza, and that was likely affected by his incredible kicking leg; the only other lineman to win was C-LBer Mel Hein, who was the first MVP. In fact, I don't think ANY defender has won MVP since the NFL went to a two-platoon concept. This could be Kupp's award to lose. I think he wins it in a runaway vote.

SuperHornet said:
Some Rams fans are over-reaching in stating that a Kupp win would make him the first ever WR to be MVP. Rice won it in 1987, another FCS player. Some are also claiming that Kupp can't win it because MVP is a QB-only award, but that's not true. They probably think that because in the last twenty years or so, only RB Adrian Peterson has won it. Personally, I don't see any QBs or RBs with a better resume than Kupp. No OL is a threat, as no lineman has won it since Lou "The Toe" Groza, and that was likely affected by his incredible kicking leg; the only other lineman to win was C-LBer Mel Hein, who was the first MVP. In fact, I don't think ANY defender has won MVP since the NFL went to a two-platoon concept. This could be Kupp's award to lose. I think he wins it in a runaway vote.

Elway was the 1987 NFL MVP https://www.pro-football-reference.com/awards/ap-nfl-mvp-award.htm

Fahque said:
SuperHornet said:

Elway was the 1987 NFL MVP https://www.pro-football-reference.com/awards/ap-nfl-mvp-award.htm
"Did Jerry Rice ever win MVP?
In 1987, Jerry Rice won the Pro Football Writers of America MVP award, but not the AP award, which was won by John Elway. Rice is considered one of the five greatest football players ever and at UltimateSportsRankings.com he is currently ranked as the number one Greatest NFL Player ever."

One might surmise from this anecdote that the AP does in fact have a QB bias.

269801187_3096671620596297_2884508660634896269_n.jpg

Fahque said:
SuperHornet said:

That depends on the source. Four sources issued NFL MVP awards in 1987. The AP gave it to Smell-Way. The Pro Football Writers Association, Sporting News (now defunct), and Newspaper Enterprise Association (with their Jim Thorpe Award, now defunct) all awarded the MVP to Rice. Three out of four outdoes one, right?

Jonathan Taylor is the league’s MVP and it isn’t close.

Shady Brady will win it because, well, the photos he has of Goodell, of course.

EverettGriz said:

No way. First, I'd never even heard of Taylor until I looked him up. I won't take a 1,500-yard RB who has fumbled four times over a 1,600-yard WR with comparable TDs who has NOT fumbled all season....

SuperHornet said:
EverettGriz said:

No way. First, I'd never even heard of Taylor until I looked him up. I won't take a 1,500-yard RB who has fumbled four times over a 1,600-yard WR with comparable TDs who has NOT fumbled all season....
Kupp certainly has to be in the discussion, but right now I think it's a three horse race between Brady, Rodgers, and Taylor.

SuperHornet said:
Fahque said:

That depends on the source. Four sources issued NFL MVP awards in 1987. The AP gave it to Smell-Way. The Pro Football Writers Association, Sporting News (now defunct), and Newspaper Enterprise Association (with their Jim Thorpe Award, now defunct) all awarded the MVP to Rice. Three out of four outdoes one, right?
AP is generally considered the official NFL MVP award, though.

SuperHornet said:
EverettGriz said:

If you’ve never heard of Jonathon Taylor you have absolutely no business whatsoever weighing in on ANYthing NFL related.

Kupp is ABSOLUTELY deserving to be in the mix. Remains to be seen how the decision maker (s) evaluate things.

griz71 said:
Kupp is ABSOLUTELY deserving to be in the mix. Remains to be seen how the decision maker (s) evaluate things.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-mvp-race-comes-down-161650147.html

This author opines it is going to come down to Rogers, Kupp and Taylor.

The only down side, and I wish Cooper all the success in the world, is that by winning MVP his income will take a substantial jump and he will feel obligated to throw some dollars at the eagle football program. Anyone remember Roos Field? Nevertheless from all reports he is an outstanding young man and has represented the BSC well. Not sure but I think his degree from ewu is in applied welding with a minor in poetic injustice.

Back