• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid

timjayko said:
Cuervohola said:
There is none. It's like everything else they won't test because they are afraid it will be completely debunked. I do remember someone saying the safe distance was 3 feet, but they backed off that.

With Fauci going on 54 years at the NIH and having no clue whether we should wear masks at the start to now saying we should wear 2 or more doesn't exactly instill confidence in me that anybody in the government has a bloody clue what they are talking about. That's coupled with him sitting right next to his buddy in Nationals' park that was almost empty without wearing a mask.

All the inconsistencies to the downright invention of some things like the 6 ft. rule ***SHOULD*** be when people start questioning things and thinking for themselves, but alas as proven on this board in this little corner of the planet, such is not the case.

The only evidence I found is referencing research that was conducted in the 1930s that suggested 3 foot social distance helped prevent spread of tuberculosis (inconclusive though). So many Factors go into trying to determine how Covid spreads in the air (how small are the droplets?, what’s the airflow, etc). It’s like That advanced physics problem in class that you could just never fully or definitively solve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJW67QN24SA

timjayko said:
Cuervohola said:
There is none. It's like everything else they won't test because they are afraid it will be completely debunked. I do remember someone saying the safe distance was 3 feet, but they backed off that.

With Fauci going on 54 years at the NIH and having no clue whether we should wear masks at the start to now saying we should wear 2 or more doesn't exactly instill confidence in me that anybody in the government has a bloody clue what they are talking about. That's coupled with him sitting right next to his buddy in Nationals' park that was almost empty without wearing a mask.

All the inconsistencies to the downright invention of some things like the 6 ft. rule ***SHOULD*** be when people start questioning things and thinking for themselves, but alas as proven on this board in this little corner of the planet, such is not the case.

The only evidence I found is referencing research that was conducted in the 1930s that suggested 3 foot social distance helped prevent spread of tuberculosis (inconclusive though). So many Factors go into trying to determine how Covid spreads in the air (how small are the droplets?, what’s the airflow, etc). It’s like That advanced physics problem in class that you could just never fully or definitively solve.

That research you cited from the 1930’s was propaganda to keep our fighting boys away from loose pick-ups.

96-E8-A7-BD-8158-455-F-A97-E-323-AD002-EF9-B.jpg

Ursa Major said:
timjayko said:

That research you cited from the 1930’s was propaganda to keep our fighting boys away from loose pick-ups.

96-E8-A7-BD-8158-455-F-A97-E-323-AD002-EF9-B.jpg

Notice they lead with “she might be a liberal”….WAAAAAY worse than VD…. :lol: :lol:

timjayko said:
Cuervohola said:

Yeah, if they DID the tests and figured out that the virus was heavier than air and dropped to the ground quickly or any other scenario, then proved it without a doubt and came up with a common sense rule, then that would be perfectly fine with me. Not only haven't they done that, they haven't even tried. That makes it an obvious social obedience experiment. If you tell people to do something and don't prove why they need to do it, eventually people will question that.

The glaring problem in this entire experiment is that NOBODY in the NIH or Fauci and his 54 years there know more than people on the internet (Or it's more harmless than the 99 percent survival rate), accompanied with the enormously bloated fabrication of Covid deaths...

Then there's the Vaccines that don't work, if you're lucky enough to survive them. Pharma lies ALL THE TIME about the efficacy of their products, I have seen companies collapse overnight in the stock market because of said lies.

It's a Flu, and for the elderly, it's a bad one like every other Flu. There is an almost zero risk to College age people and kids, but they are making kids get the vaccines and wear the masks because they have to indoctrinate them for future outbreaks.

"In my view it was interpreted in too many places as a sort of rule that the virus would follow," says William Hanage, a Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health associate professor of epidemiology. "Somewhat obviously, being in an unventilated space with a highly infectious person for an hour would not suddenly become 'safe' " if you sat more than 6 feet away from them."

fencer24 said:
First off, can we please stop with the "Follow the science!" nonsense? Maybe I am way too old, but when I went to Junior High and they taught us the scientific method, you were supposed to make observations, develop a hypothesis, set up a method to test the hypothesis and then make observations and repeat. As a kid, I was frustrated by the idea that I had to try to disprove the hypothesis. Why would I do that? I asked my teacher. Because, he said, it's intellectually honest, and to do otherwise would render the testing subject to bias, either directly or inadvertently. Today, we have pronouncements from on high from Dr. Fauci that changes all the time. In March of 2020 he published an article in JAMA saying not to wear masks, because they don't work. Then he changed the guidance and said he lied to us because he wanted to preserve PPE for the frontline workers. While his objective may have been noble, he is an admitted liar. Why should we believe anything he says?
There have been many studies about the use of masks, but of late, they all seem to say that masks don't work. That is science. Testing and observing. The current results show that cloth masks are useless and only properly fit N95 masks will offer any protection. https://www.aier.org/article/masking-a-careful-review-of-the-evidence/ Another issue is the 6 foot rule. Why do the Europeans say that you only need a one meter (approx. 3 feet) distance to prevent the spread. What testing and quality assurance/controls were used to come up with the 6 foot rule, or was it just something they pulled out of their ass?
Right now, there is very little reason to believe anyone who claims to be an authority on anything. They have sold their credibility for political purposes and won't be able to regain it without a lot of work. I think with a mortality rate of .5% at the most for people under 70, there is less reason to panic. Those older or with morbidity issues certainly need to be careful, but the rest of us can safely live their lives.
Yes, I know, that people can point to the outliers who succumbed and weren't in one of the above groups. But if you are going to do this, you need to consider all of the increases in suicide and drug usage. There are no free choices in this world. Everyone should do what they feel is best for them. But Biden issuing a "mandate" will fail even more than the rest of his agenda because no one can believe him either.

EXACTLY. Well said.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Cuervohola said:
Yep... The Covid virus sticks within the infected person's 5 foot bubble, hence why the 6 foot rule exists. In no form or fashion does the air surrounding the 5 foot barrier ever become infected, unless another Covid positive person is in the vicinity with their own 5 foot bubble. The air around the infected people is always clean, though. The air is especially clean around fundraisers and dinners for soon to be Ex-Governors and House Majority Leaders in Kommiefornia as well. No masks are ever required in that pristine air.

LOL, when you can't dispute the science, mock the science.

Ah, the science argument. Brilliant.

The best week and a half the Griz have had in a decade couldn't save this place from this bullshit, huh? :lol: :lol:

I hesitate to say anything because I so rarely post, though I read everything in almost all the threads. But I wonder why no one talks about an interesting aspect to this Covid-19 conversation. Sweden did not lockdown or shutdown anything and they were derided for their foolishness. Then they dropped out of the news because their death rate per 100,000 matched or was better than most European countries. They were going for herd immunity which an Israeli study now claims natural immunity is 27% more effective than the vaccine. The 7 day average of new cases in the US as of 9/12 was 146,066 and deaths averaged 1,654 - per day. In Sweden over the same period it was 1,070 new cases and 2 deaths. Granted the US has a much greater population, but 2 deaths per day,? Isn’t that worth looking at? Did Sweden have it right? They did protect the elderly but left everyone else to decide what level of protection they needed. Their economy was not hurt, drug use and suicide did not skyrocket and work and schools remained open.

Covid, got it.

But this 3-3-5 defense is blowing my mind. The linebackers look like squirrels hunting nuts out there. Good nuts, too. None of that plain, raw peanut shit.

Cashews with sea salt good.

Cuervohola said:
66volvo said:
Or we could have just listened to our now-disgraced president when he said "...and come spring it will just miraculously go away."

How is President Trump "now disgraced"??? He's only gaining steam.

As far as his statement, who do you think he got the information from?
Well, I’m sure he just fucking made it up when he said that in March 2020. Remember that was after he told Woodward on a tape recorded interview in February that the virus was way more deadly then his administration was telling us and also that it was air borne and more transmittable then his administration let on. Why the fuck did he lie to the country, “to not start a panic” that’s why bastard is now disgraced.

Jesse said:
Cuervohola said:
How is President Trump "now disgraced"??? He's only gaining steam.

As far as his statement, who do you think he got the information from?
Well, I’m sure he just f###[#] made it up when he said that in March 2020. Remember that was after he told Woodward on a tape recorded interview in February that the virus was way more deadly then his administration was telling us and also that it was air borne and more transmittable then his administration let on. Why the [#]f### did he lie to the country, “to not start a panic” that’s why bastard is now disgraced.

Yeah, he heard it from Fauci. C'mon man! That isn't even a nice try.

Even if the virus was 10 times deadlier than originally thought, he would have had to say CALMING things to the country. That's what a leader does. If it were Biden, he would have said "I don't think I'm supposed to say anything,.. wha jingle pie stroganoff they are telling me I'm not allowed to talk everybody will die within a week of this virus no need to make funeral plans."

Then what do you THINK would happen?

Keyword THINK.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Cuervohola said:
It's ALWAYS a "Conspiracy" when it completely obliterates the Leftist narrative. It's a CONSPIRACY!!! When they say it's a CONSPIRACY!!!, they never say anything after that.

Give me a break. Air goes where the movement of air takes it, and the movement of people inside a store, not to mention the AC unit or fans making the air move makes the probability argument moot as well.

Nobody has ever said in the entire time that the virus stays at a certain level within the air, I.E. it's lighter or heavier than the air.

The AIR we breathe outside, say tinted with a little Wildfire smoke, can wind up in France.

I'm pretty sure Covid can travel outside an imaginary fabricated social experiment distance line and still be viable.

Of course you don't see it as a conspiracy, because you are part of the group pushing the theory. But enough, there is no point when dealing with the delusional.

You say this because he (or she) does not buy into what Lord Fauci or CNN says, so of course everyone who says this is a conspiracy theorist, right? Just like Climate farce. If you do not buy into the common narrative, or what is perceived as the common narrative, you are a conspiracy theorist. The Left's line is they're tolerant, as long as you agree with us. Do not question Fauci, mask up, take the experimental vaccine...or we will hate you.

Back on topic. I don't think you will see any large outbreaks of Covid from outdoor stadiums, whether it's college or NFL. The stadiums that did allow larger crowds last year did not have any outbreaks from my understanding.

BigSkyBears said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Of course you don't see it as a conspiracy, because you are part of the group pushing the theory. But enough, there is no point when dealing with the delusional.

You say this because he (or she) does not buy into what Lord Fauci or CNN says, so of course everyone who says this is a conspiracy theorist, right? Just like Climate farce. If you do not buy into the common narrative, or what is perceived as the common narrative, you are a conspiracy theorist. The Left's line is they're tolerant, as long as you agree with us. Do not question Fauci, mask up, take the experimental vaccine...or we will hate you.

Back on topic. I don't think you will see any large outbreaks of Covid from outdoor stadiums, whether it's college or NFL. The stadiums that did allow larger crowds last year did not have any outbreaks from my understanding.

I just don't understand how ANYBODY could believe what the Leftists say. There wasn't going to be any vaccine mandates, straight from Biden and Psaki (Without a circle back)... Now there is, a complete flip flop. You just gave a perfect example of the hypocrisy with "climate change", the artist once known as "global warming", because it's so HOT now compared to the times of Jesus when everybody was almost naked according to every painting ever depicted.

If the Leftists maybe didn't fly private planes everywhere and didn't build houses right on the same beaches that were supposed to be underwater decades ago, MAYBE some people would look into "Climate change"... Normal people here are capable of changing their minds, but their leaders punk their asses constantly, doing exactly the opposite of what they tell them to do. They don't even try to hide it, "Rules for thee, but not for me"... Obama's Birthday party was full of "sophisticated" people that didn't need masks... And their followers have absolutely no problem with that.

IslandGriz said:
I hesitate to say anything because I so rarely post, though I read everything in almost all the threads. But I wonder why no one talks about an interesting aspect to this Covid-19 conversation. Sweden did not lockdown or shutdown anything and they were derided for their foolishness. Then they dropped out of the news because their death rate per 100,000 matched or was better than most European countries. They were going for herd immunity which an Israeli study now claims natural immunity is 27% more effective than the vaccine. The 7 day average of new cases in the US as of 9/12 was 146,066 and deaths averaged 1,654 - per day. In Sweden over the same period it was 1,070 new cases and 2 deaths. Granted the US has a much greater population, but 2 deaths per day,? Isn’t that worth looking at? Did Sweden have it right? They did protect the elderly but left everyone else to decide what level of protection they needed. Their economy was not hurt, drug use and suicide did not skyrocket and work and schools remained open.

Protecting the elderly was touted as a key component of the Swedish strategy, but the government itself has admitted that they completely and utterly failed to do that. Because they constantly doubled down on it as well while the death count in nursing homes climbed, to me it feels like the strategy was actually "Sacrifice the elderly to save the economy." Did it work? Seems like it might have. Was it the right thing to do? Eh...

Just pointing out an incoveniet fact that has a lot of significance to all us. Was wondering if there has been any Publicity about vaccinating the team?

Another anti vax radio host dies of covid. The guy, Bob Enyart’s radio show was called “real science radio” in Denver. He’s like the fifth one to own the libs by rejecting vaccinations. This guy used to mock AIDS deaths in the 1980s on his show and play “Another one bites the dust” when reporting on a death. Karma has a long memory Bob, Rip.

UnderratedWalrus said:
IslandGriz said:

Protecting the elderly was touted as a key component of the Swedish strategy, but the government itself has admitted that they completely and utterly failed to do that. Because they constantly doubled down on it as well while the death count in nursing homes climbed, to me it feels like the strategy was actually "Sacrifice the elderly to save the economy." Did it work? Seems like it might have. Was it the right thing to do? Eh...

If you look at the numbers here, we didn't do all that great with the elderly either. Not really surprising given the nature of the beast I think the point is Sweden's numbers overall are not any worse than where draconian measures caused a lot of collateral damage. It tended to get the weak and we only learned how it behaved as we went along. That and elderly concentrated in care facilities made for a bad outcome. I don't think there was a conscious decision to "sacrifice" older folks, but I'm 65 and consider the life of a 9 year old more valuable to society than what I have left. And they developed a vax in record time that leaves me with no fear of the Flu Manchu so I'm not belly aching at all.

Back