• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Covid

grizindabox said:
Cuervohola said:
If you ask something that makes sense, you'll get an answer.

OK FINE... They don't get "singled out" because they don't show up as SINGLES... The admin flies them in by the Plane Load and doesn't screen them for terrorist ties, much less a disease.

First, how is that racist? Second, what actual proof do you have that they aren't screened?

It's not racist according to normal people, but some Leftists spout "RACISM" about everything.

They aren't screened. "That was the protocol before the Taliban took control of Kabul. The State Department has now issued a "blanket humanitarian waiver" for COVID testing for all people being relocated from Afghanistan."

Cuervohola said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
They never said that there is zero chance beyond 6 feet. The basis is that the probability drops to a point where more distance would provide diminishing returns. Like I said, you are about less about science and more about conspiracy.

It's ALWAYS a "Conspiracy" when it completely obliterates the Leftist narrative. It's a CONSPIRACY!!! When they say it's a CONSPIRACY!!!, they never say anything after that.

Give me a break. Air goes where the movement of air takes it, and the movement of people inside a store, not to mention the AC unit or fans making the air move makes the probability argument moot as well.

Nobody has ever said in the entire time that the virus stays at a certain level within the air, I.E. it's lighter or heavier than the air.

The AIR we breathe outside, say tinted with a little Wildfire smoke, can wind up in France.

I'm pretty sure Covid can travel outside an imaginary fabricated social experiment distance line and still be viable.

Of course you don't see it as a conspiracy, because you are part of the group pushing the theory. But enough, there is no point when dealing with the delusional.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Cuervohola said:
It's ALWAYS a "Conspiracy" when it completely obliterates the Leftist narrative. It's a CONSPIRACY!!! When they say it's a CONSPIRACY!!!, they never say anything after that.

Give me a break. Air goes where the movement of air takes it, and the movement of people inside a store, not to mention the AC unit or fans making the air move makes the probability argument moot as well.

Nobody has ever said in the entire time that the virus stays at a certain level within the air, I.E. it's lighter or heavier than the air.

The AIR we breathe outside, say tinted with a little Wildfire smoke, can wind up in France.

I'm pretty sure Covid can travel outside an imaginary fabricated social experiment distance line and still be viable.

Of course you don't see it as a conspiracy, because you are part of the group pushing the theory. But enough, there is no point when dealing with the delusional.

Ah yes... The only reason you didn't call me a "Conspiracy Theorist" is because I just pointed out how the Left throws that around... Now I'm "delusional", which is Leftist code for "We don't have any actual facts to back anything up, and are simply mouth breathers, hoping enough people watch our TV PROGRAMMING and believe us."

In the Leftist book, it says "When faced with challenges from people that figured out our narrative, AKA anyone with a brain that doesn't watch our TV shows, and / or has a 3rd grade education, call them Conspiracy Theorists. If that doesn't work, say they are delusional. When that doesn't work, say you aren't a Leftist. That will shut them up."

Cuervohola said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Ah yes... The only reason you didn't call me a "Conspiracy Theorist" is because I just pointed out how the Left throws that around... Now I'm "delusional", which is Leftist code for "We don't have any actual facts to back anything up, and are simply mouth breathers, hoping enough people watch our TV PROGRAMMING and believe us."

In the Leftist book, it says "When faced with challenges from people that figured out our narrative, AKA anyone with a brain that doesn't watch our TV shows, and / or has a 3rd grade education, call them Conspiracy Theorists. If that doesn't work, say they are delusional. When that doesn't work, say you aren't a Leftist. That will shut them up."

No, I used the terms as meaning the same in your case. And this entire post is fukcing hilarious. Good luck blaming everyone and everything else for what you hate in life.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Cuervohola said:

No, I used the terms as meaning the same in your case. And this entire post is fukcing hilarious. Good luck blaming everyone and everything else for what you hate in life.

Yes.. You wouldn't even mention the term "conspiracy" if it wasn't something you willingly adopted.

Good luck blaming everyone? Why are you so sensitive? I didn't blame you for anything at all, I just pointed out how you follow morons around and regurgitate everything they say like it's Gospel.

I assume you're just arguing with me because we argue about everything and that you know the "Scientists" like Fauci just say whatever they want, and people believe them for no other reason than they said it, right?

I mean, I guess Governor Newsom and Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and Fauci are all incapable of not only having Covid but also of spreading it to anyone in their immediate vicinity, hence why they don't wear masks? I mean, I think that is COOL!

"Everything I hate in life"... HAHAHA What? The Leftists are SOLID GOLD entertainment. Everything they say is Priceless!

HelenaHandBasket said:
alabamagrizzly said:
So I suppose the purpose of the masks is to keep the infected from spreading their disease? Cus it does make perfect sense that the masks will allow the virus in but do an amazing job of not letting it back out…the same way it came in. Ya, I can see that logic.

Masks and social distancing help reduce the spread. Didn't realize that was so difficult to understand, but for some it is.

Then why haven't they?

HelenaHandBasket said:
alabamagrizzly said:
So I suppose the purpose of the masks is to keep the infected from spreading their disease? Cus it does make perfect sense that the masks will allow the virus in but do an amazing job of not letting it back out…the same way it came in. Ya, I can see that logic.

Masks and social distancing help reduce the spread. Didn't realize that was so difficult to understand, but for some it is.

grasping the idea that it is easier to stop the larger, lung-propelled fluid gunk that carry the virus out from the source (the human respiratory system), versus stopping the much smaller vaporized molecules that gunk quickly becomes, is difficult. apparently. but i don't too much begrudge the unwillingness to believe 'scientists', given the the crappy job done by fauci, et al, many of whom should have been moved, retired, or fired twenty years ago. *cough cough*

Cuervohola said:
grizindabox said:
First, how is that racist? Second, what actual proof do you have that they aren't screened?

It's not racist according to normal people, but some Leftists spout "RACISM" about everything.

They aren't screened. "That was the protocol before the Taliban took control of Kabul. The State Department has now issued a "blanket humanitarian waiver" for COVID testing for all people being relocated from Afghanistan."

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-pandemic-bd0c0bf2b90720d9bd886cc2a4232a93

"The U.S. Department of Homeland Security said all Afghans and U.S. residents coming from Afghanistan are tested for COVID when they first arrive to the U.S. and have the option to get a COVID-19 vaccine either at the airport or at Department of Defense facilities."

grizindabox said:
Cuervohola said:

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-pandemic-bd0c0bf2b90720d9bd886cc2a4232a93

"The U.S. Department of Homeland Security said all Afghans and U.S. residents coming from Afghanistan are tested for COVID when they first arrive to the U.S. and have the option to get a COVID-19 vaccine either at the airport or at Department of Defense facilities."

Ok, I don't believe that is happening like it sounds, there will probably be a CBP official that says it isn't, but lets just say it is...

"He added that Brownsville does not have the authority to prevent those who test positive from traveling elsewhere in the U.S. -- and are advising them to quarantine, follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and socially distance."

THAT will work!

MikeyGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Then why haven't they?

Don't know where the link is but I guess I could find it but I really do not care what you all think anyway, but masks reduced the spread in Kansas. Every County with a mandate had slowing or reduced spread of the virus while all the counties without a mandate had increasing spread of the virus. So, you had some with mask mandate and some without mandate(control group).

I’ve been curious about the 6 foot rule myself. Does anyone know of any scientific studies that demonstrate the supposed significance of following the 6 foot social distancing rule vs not doing it (assume this is an enclosed environment with HVAC ventilation, circulated air etc?) Or does anyone have any actual evidence here to substantiate these claims. Evidence does not equal “it came from a scientist’s mouth”. Show me the written evidence!

Awesome thread! Anyone out there have any insight on how this will affect recruiting? Will we continue with this 3-3-5 nonsense? Are pro Vaxxers more or less likely to be pro Cam Humphrey?
I hope no one posts a mean comment about this post.

timjayko said:
I’ve been curious about the 6 foot rule myself. Does anyone know of any scientific studies that demonstrate the supposed significance of following the 6 foot social distancing rule vs not doing it (assume this is an enclosed environment with HVAC ventilation, circulated air etc?) Or does anyone have any actual evidence here to substantiate these claims. Evidence does not equal “it came from a scientist’s mouth”. Show me the written evidence!

There is none. It's like everything else they won't test because they are afraid it will be completely debunked. I do remember someone saying the safe distance was 3 feet, but they backed off that.

With Fauci going on 54 years at the NIH and having no clue whether we should wear masks at the start to now saying we should wear 2 or more doesn't exactly instill confidence in me that anybody in the government has a bloody clue what they are talking about. That's coupled with him sitting right next to his buddy in Nationals' park that was almost empty without wearing a mask.

All the inconsistencies to the downright invention of some things like the 6 ft. rule ***SHOULD*** be when people start questioning things and thinking for themselves, but alas as proven on this board in this little corner of the planet, such is not the case.

There were some videos on youtube demonstrating how far a cough would go using a n95 mask and a triple layer cotton mask. The N95 was less than a foot. the cloth mask less than 3 feet. But that is of course when standing in one spot. Normally we are all moving around so that kind of negates the 6 foot rule. Your in a grocery check out line and a covid infected person 6 feet in front of you coughs the virus which may go 2 or 3 feet, but soon you are moving up in that covid infected persons airspace and breathing in covid virus. Ha Ha, your infected. so much for the 6 feet rule.

heightsgriz said:
Awesome thread! Anyone out there have any insight on how this will affect recruiting? Will we continue with this 3-3-5 nonsense? Are pro Vaxxers more or less likely to be pro Cam Humphrey?
I hope no one posts a mean comment about this post.

f-ing a.

Cuervohola said:
timjayko said:

There is none. It's like everything else they won't test because they are afraid it will be completely debunked. I do remember someone saying the safe distance was 3 feet, but they backed off that.

With Fauci going on 54 years at the NIH and having no clue whether we should wear masks at the start to now saying we should wear 2 or more doesn't exactly instill confidence in me that anybody in the government has a bloody clue what they are talking about. That's coupled with him sitting right next to his buddy in Nationals' park that was almost empty without wearing a mask.

All the inconsistencies to the downright invention of some things like the 6 ft. rule ***SHOULD*** be when people start questioning things and thinking for themselves, but alas as proven on this board in this little corner of the planet, such is not the case.

The only evidence I found is referencing research that was conducted in the 1930s that suggested 3 foot social distance helped prevent spread of tuberculosis (inconclusive though). So many Factors go into trying to determine how Covid spreads in the air (how small are the droplets?, what’s the airflow, etc). It’s like That advanced physics problem in class that you could just never fully or definitively solve.

First off, can we please stop with the "Follow the science!" nonsense? Maybe I am way too old, but when I went to Junior High and they taught us the scientific method, you were supposed to make observations, develop a hypothesis, set up a method to test the hypothesis and then make observations and repeat. As a kid, I was frustrated by the idea that I had to try to disprove the hypothesis. Why would I do that? I asked my teacher. Because, he said, it's intellectually honest, and to do otherwise would render the testing subject to bias, either directly or inadvertently. Today, we have pronouncements from on high from Dr. Fauci that changes all the time. In March of 2020 he published an article in JAMA saying not to wear masks, because they don't work. Then he changed the guidance and said he lied to us because he wanted to preserve PPE for the frontline workers. While his objective may have been noble, he is an admitted liar. Why should we believe anything he says?
There have been many studies about the use of masks, but of late, they all seem to say that masks don't work. That is science. Testing and observing. The current results show that cloth masks are useless and only properly fit N95 masks will offer any protection. https://www.aier.org/article/masking-a-careful-review-of-the-evidence/ Another issue is the 6 foot rule. Why do the Europeans say that you only need a one meter (approx. 3 feet) distance to prevent the spread. What testing and quality assurance/controls were used to come up with the 6 foot rule, or was it just something they pulled out of their ass?
Right now, there is very little reason to believe anyone who claims to be an authority on anything. They have sold their credibility for political purposes and won't be able to regain it without a lot of work. I think with a mortality rate of .5% at the most for people under 70, there is less reason to panic. Those older or with morbidity issues certainly need to be careful, but the rest of us can safely live their lives.
Yes, I know, that people can point to the outliers who succumbed and weren't in one of the above groups. But if you are going to do this, you need to consider all of the increases in suicide and drug usage. There are no free choices in this world. Everyone should do what they feel is best for them. But Biden issuing a "mandate" will fail even more than the rest of his agenda because no one can believe him either.

Back