• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Mens Transfer Information 2020-21

Griz til I die said:
sacstateman said:
Yeah...when you lose your back-up point guard, that pretty much dooms you for next season....
Dude they finished in 8th place in the conference with Body Hume, Sam Masten and Kur Jokuch all on the same team. When you have that kind of talent you should never be that bad. They may be good next year but comparing them to Oral Roberts is laughable.
The JUCO guy could be an absolute game changer. He will instantly be one of the better scorers in the conference. They also add another 40% 3 point shooter who also shot 50% for 3 in JUCO 2 years ago in Morehead State transfer Kuxhausen. Throw all those weapons with the improved Kur Jokuch, and the combined slashing ability of Johnson, Kountz, Hume, and Knecht, and they will be a dangerous team come conference tourney time. For them, I think it all comes down to the defensive end.

Griz til I die said:
sacstateman said:
Yeah...when you lose your back-up point guard, that pretty much dooms you for next season....
Dude they finished in 8th place in the conference with Body Hume, Sam Masten and Kur Jokuch all on the same team. When you have that kind of talent you should never be that bad. They may be good next year but comparing them to Oral Roberts is laughable.

Dude....where did I even mention Oral Roberts? Here are "your man" Masten's numbers from last year.....

19 games, 12 starts = Not bad
16.8 minutes per game = meh
FG% 34.9 = meh
3 pt % 24.6 = not good or even average
FT % 54.2 = sucks
Pts per game 4.2 = meh
14 assists vs 20 TOs = bad
9 steals in 19 games = meh

Now DUDE.....tell me which one of these outstanding stats are NCU going to miss so greatly? Are you his brother or father or mother or lover? I think it is going to be a case of addition by subtraction.....In fact, because he's gone may be the main reason they are going to improve next year.

sacstateman said:
Griz til I die said:

Dude....where did I even mention Oral Roberts? Here are "your man" Masten's numbers from last year.....

19 games, 12 starts = Not bad
16.8 minutes per game = meh
FG% 34.9 = meh
3 pt % 24.6 = not good or even average
FT % 54.2 = sucks
Pts per game 4.2 = meh
14 assists vs 20 TOs = bad
9 steals in 19 games = meh

Now DUDE.....tell me which one of these outstanding stats are NCU going to miss so greatly? Are you his brother or father or mother or lover? I think it is going to be a case of addition by subtraction.....In fact, because he's gone may be the main reason they are going to improve next year.
You weren’t the one that comparing them to ORU. That was another poster. Personally, I thought Masten was a good player with a very high ceiling. All I’m saying is I’m not buying the UNC hype that many others are. Maybe they’ll prove me wrong but right now I just don’t see it.

I never personally compared them to ORU. I was pointing out how some sports media were comparing this years UNC to last years ORU. I think we’re forgetting ORU didn’t finish top 3 in the summit, and won those games in March purely thanks to star power and 3 point shooting. The statistics of ORU and UNC were very similar this year in terms of volume of 3 point shots taken and percentage. The person making the UNC to ORU comparison knows his stuff, as he predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday and Gonzaga’s undefeated run before the start of the season(less impressive, but still impressive).

ADDED:

- SG Tavian Percy Weber State JR has left the program. Both Skyline and Verbal Commits had posted that he had placed his name into the portal. Was a transfer from New Mexico. Now looking for yet another home.

ADDED:

- C: Olgierd Dmochewicz, FR- Northern Arizona is departing for greener pastures per verbal commits.

PSU has added 3 division one transfers that averaged at least 10 PPG since the hiring of Coburn.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1394313782873268224?s=20

UMFan12 said:
PSU has added 3 division one transfers that averaged at least 10 PPG since the hiring of Coburn.

He's had a spotty track record as he's been at UW, South Dakota State, Long Beach State and now PSU. He is a player that DeCuire had recruited early on before he ended up at UW. Very talented player, but has had difficulty finding a place that works for him.

UMFan12 said:

Damn the Viks making moves.

-Eddy Egun to Regis College (CO). Per Verbal Commits.

Best of luck to Eddy in his new location.

Grizfan-24 said:

I think the fact that Egun is going to transfer to lowly Regis college is a good example of how so many Griz fans think every high school player that Travis signs are great talents. I remember many posters lauding Egun as a rising star with the Griz. Seems like every freshman class that Travis signs is filled with future stars, according to many of you. My question to you is this......... are you predicting greatness from every class just because you are UM fans, or DeCuire fans, or both? Don't you think that every fan-base from other Big Sky schools feels the same about their player signings?
Just remember that the mid-major teams almost always sign the kids that are left after the majors sign the kids they want. Occasionally Travis is able to sign a kid who has multiple offers from the lower-tier majors, but that is the exception, rather than a regular occurrence.
And, yes, a few of these players turn-out to be very good players, and even good enough to start for bigger programs. But not many. And if they show that they are good enough to play at more elite programs, won't they be likely to transfer? This is the reason why I am not big on the philosophy of favoring high school kids at the expense of signing better-talented transfers. These transfers were recruited by the major programs for a reason. And in the current environment, these Big Sky teams who we have been used to dominating in the past are now able to instantly compete with us by signing a couple of key transfers.
Please admit that we were not very competitive in the Sky last season. Yes, we were young, and most of you seem to believe that simply gaining a year of experience will suddenly make us a dominating force in the conference again. I think the book is still out on how good we will be next season, even with almost everybody coming back.
Building our program with high school kids worked in the past for Travis, but things have changed dramatically with the new transfer rules, and I believe that the smart coaches are changing their recruiting philosophy accordingly. I hope that Travis is not so system-rigid that he fails to keep-up with these changes. Just my opinion.

hunt-ducks said:
Grizfan-24 said:

I think the fact that Egun is going to transfer to lowly Regis college is a good example of how so many Griz fans think every high school player that Travis signs are great talents. I remember many posters lauding Egun as a rising star with the Griz. Seems like every freshman class that Travis signs is filled with future stars, according to many of you. My question to you is this......... are you predicting greatness from every class just because you are UM fans, or DeCuire fans, or both? Don't you think that every fan-base from other Big Sky schools feels the same about their player signings?
Just remember that the mid-major teams almost always sign the kids that are left after the majors sign the kids they want. Occasionally Travis is able to sign a kid who has multiple offers from the lower-tier majors, but that is the exception, rather than a regular occurrence.
And, yes, a few of these players turn-out to be very good players, and even good enough to start for bigger programs. But not many. And if they show that they are good enough to play at more elite programs, won't they be likely to transfer? This is the reason why I am not big on the philosophy of favoring high school kids at the expense of signing better-talented transfers. These transfers were recruited by the major programs for a reason. And in the current environment, these Big Sky teams who we have been used to dominating in the past are now able to instantly compete with us by signing a couple of key transfers.
Please admit that we were not very competitive in the Sky last season. Yes, we were young, and most of you seem to believe that simply gaining a year of experience will suddenly make us a dominating force in the conference again. I think the book is still out on how good we will be next season, even with almost everybody coming back.
Building our program with high school kids worked in the past for Travis, but things have changed dramatically with the new transfer rules, and I believe that the smart coaches are changing their recruiting philosophy accordingly. I hope that Travis is not so system-rigid that he fails to keep-up with these changes. Just my opinion.

Absolutely. I do think its 100% fan opinion that every Griz recruit is destined to be a star....and every recruit we dont sign is a bum. That being said Eddy was a spring recruit...meaning he probably wasn’t the staff’s first choice and was meant to fill the roster once we missed out on other options. I personally believe building the program with predominantly 4 year guys is the way to go...while sprinkling in transfers to fill the gaps.

We can talk about the recruits PSU is bringing in but when is the last time they’ve even remotely challenged for a Big Sky Title? If you look at our track record of transfers idk if you can necessarily say that’s the correct methodology...Darius, Cam S, Steadman, Naseem, Yagi...all were expected to be dudes. I do think we’ve missed both on 4 year guys and high school guys. But imo recruiting guys who didn’t want to be griz in the first place should only be done so to fill in the gaps from a talent perspective.

Back