• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU FB Prioritizing Retention

garizzalies said:
grizpack said:
Come on now... Let's leave Dillon out of this.... :lol:
Went fishing down in the beautiful Beaverhead valley and chatted with some locals and learned the true purpose of this article.
Apparently the Dillon LB (who cat fats think is an NFL QB) graduated and plans to grad-transfer to The Griz to finally be on a championship level team. Coach Don Juan Sixx is doing everything he can to desperately retain the LB, and is already fighting for his job before even coaching a game.
Can you imagine? Cat fats’ brains will implode and make that farting noise like when a balloon slowly deflates.

I always thought it would be Clemenza, not Andersen.

Not confirmed yet, but someone close to the Kitten program leaked their new “out of the Cats mouth run” song. Apparently they chose Iron Maiden’s, The Number of The Beast. Makes sense I guess.

garizzalies said:
grizpack said:
Come on now... Let's leave Dillon out of this.... :lol:
Went fishing down in the beautiful Beaverhead valley and chatted with some locals and learned the true purpose of this article.
Apparently the Dillon LB (who cat fats think is an NFL QB) graduated and plans to grad-transfer to The Griz to finally be on a championship level team. Coach Don Juan Sixx is doing everything he can to desperately retain the LB, and is already fighting for his job before even coaching a game.
Can you imagine? Cat fats’ brains will implode and make that farting noise like when a balloon slowly deflates.

Now that would be the proverbial grenade in a box full of kittens.

Copper Griz said:
Not confirmed yet, but someone close to the Kitten program leaked their new “out of the Cats mouth run” song. Apparently they chose Iron Maiden’s, The Number of The Beast. Makes sense I guess.

Bad ass. May be one of the best decisions they’ve ever made.

alabamagrizzly said:
Copper Griz said:

Bad ass. May be one of the best decisions they’ve ever made.

Oh wait, I just got it. You were joking weren’t you.

goatcreekgriz said:
garizzalies said:

Poor kid is in a tough spot. That “program” has taken everything, given nothing, and completely abused him and ruined his future, and somehow that “fanbase” still is expecting more. He just wants out. Problem is, I don’t think he would even make The Griz roster, and even if he did, he likely would not start. Maybe MT Tech would be a good fit

Copper Griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Oh wait, I just got it. You were joking weren’t you.

Sorry Bama. Couldn’t help myself

Besides, by title alone, Run to the Hills would be a better choice. Of course the lyrics might open up a politically inncorrect can of worms that many might not appreciate :D.

garizzalies said:
goatcreekgriz said:
Poor kid is in a tough spot. That “program” has taken everything, given nothing, and completely abused him and ruined his future, and somehow that “fanbase” still is expecting more. He just wants out. Problem is, I don’t think he would even make The Griz roster, and even if he did, he likely would not start. Maybe MT Tech would be a good fit
A gross underestimate of what the Dillon kid has left.

I had a post ready for this thread, but decided it was too cruel even by trolling standards. I pulled it. Let me know if you want me to go ahead and post. You've been warned.

ABQCat said:
I had a post ready for this thread, but decided it was too cruel even by trolling standards. I pulled it. Let me know if you want me to go ahead and post. You've been warned.

Isn’t this what every fat loser has always said before a mass shooting?

ABQCat said:
We are truly in the presence of greatness.

Let's be honest for those who don't know. The real story on calling him Sixx...

After a griz loss this fall, it will have been six years since the griz have won the Brawl. That's where the name Sixx comes from. (4 years in a row plus no game in 2020 = 5 years without a win) so it's a term of a defeatist attitude of those using it. Kind of have to respect their sense of reality.... ;)

ABQCat said:

Pussy.

ABQCat said:
My neighbor referred to the Bubcat defense in their recent spring game as “a lot of stud power in street clothes.”
IllinformedDazzlingAmoeba-size_restricted.gif

Sorry, that comment deserved the whole laughing scene and not just a pithy gif. My bad. Enjoy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJI9fNudnQ

Allezchat said:

After a griz loss this fall, it will have been six years since the griz have won the Brawl. That's where the name Sixx comes from. (4 years in a row plus no game in 2020 = 5 years without a win) so it's a term of a defeatist attitude of those using it. Kind of have to respect their sense of reality.... ;)

Let’s really be honest then. The Cat faithful are worried right now. That last search was not a lesson In efficiency and they didn’t exactly impress with the search process. Now people are worried. Why? Because if number six is a bust, then what is next? The cost of housing in Bozeman is very prohibitive to securing a long term coach who will take the program to the next level. Especially when you consider the salary compared to other jobs. Maybe they should consider on site housing for coaches? The cost of growth and being such a popular place does have a price for the university.
Plus there really is no tradition or coaching pipeline. Ione walked and there is no heir apparent. Kinda like a ship lost at sea right now. The Griz had their own dark period. Griz fans understand your trepidation. Pound your chest until November. Things don’t look so bright in Bozoville

Copper Griz said:
Allezchat said:

Let’s really be honest then. The Cat faithful are worried right now. That last search was not a lesson In efficiency and they didn’t exactly impress with the search process. Now people are worried. Why? Because if number six is a bust, then what is next? The cost of housing in Bozeman is very prohibitive to securing a long term coach who will take the program to the next level. Especially when you consider the salary compared to other jobs. Maybe they should consider on site housing for coaches? The cost of growth and being such a popular place does have a price for the university.
Plus there really is no tradition or coaching pipeline. Ione walked and there is no heir apparent. Kinda like a ship lost at sea right now. The Griz had their own dark period. Griz fans understand your trepidation. Pound your chest until November. Things don’t look so bright in Bozoville

Weellllll....when the sun shines, there is one of a hell glare off the shit pond.

EverettGriz said:
Copper Griz said:

Weellllll....when the sun shines, there is one of a hell glare off the shit pond.

Does anyone have the actual backstory on the shit pond? Such as, when did they break ground? How long did it take to dig and then fill? Why is it there? Did it have an original purpose before becoming a shit pond, or was it designed as a shit pond from the get? I know the answers are probably in the back of the game day programs at RHS. Anyone know?

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Does anyone have the actual backstory on the shit pond? Such as, when did they break ground? How long did it take to dig and then fill? Why is it there? Did it have an original purpose before becoming a shit pond, or was it designed as a shit pond from the get? I know the answers are probably in the back of the game day programs at RHS. Anyone know?

A solid question. Purely rumor, but I was told it goes back to 1929. That was the year things really broke loose for the Cats. They hadn’t been able to beat the Griz for quite a few years. Apparently one of their players said he would build a pond and shat in it - if they finally beat their rival. Low and behold, a miracle happened. The story is like a beaver slide out of control from there. Murky on how the pond really expanded and became a centerpiece of the program and stadium.

Back