• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No one knows where people are getting infected

ilovethecats said:
tourist said:
Yes, it IS just about ME. I don't give a s*** about my 'neighbor' or 'community,' so yeah, I'm selfish. You want to save a life, look in the mirror. It's called individual responsibility. YOU wear the mask, hide under your bed, and stay 100 yards from the next guy. F***that 'selfish' s***. Save your own life. I ain't your guardian.

Precisely. :thumb:
Cats, not sure if you’re just being clever. Please allow me to clarify: I’m understanding of the need to stand in line and perfectly willing to do so. However, when there is a flagrant violation of the procedure such as the occurrence at St. Vincent’s in Billings, not to mention politicians all over the country jumping the line, it does anger me. You had the virus and thankfully, recovered. At age 80, hopefully, I can be as fortunate.

reinell30 said:
ilovethecats said:

People should be knocking down doors to get this vaccine, but for some reason they're not, why? I mean this Covid is so bad and scary that lot of people state they won't get the vaccine never. What will it take to get things back to normal, not the new normal either? I mean Biden just promised 1 million a day for 100 days in a row will be vaccinated, time to get in line....

First off, you can't just get in line for the vaccine yet, there are restrictions on who can get it. Second, I don't get the flu shot, why would I get this one? I am not in one of the at risk groups, am not in a high risk occupation, and won't get tested even if I think I have it. I will just stay home and ride it out, the same as if I get the flu.

Reinell, evidently, YOU knocked down some doors to get the vaccine, right? Recent military retiree, I doubt you are in the first tier of eligibles, i.e., over 75, pre-existing conditions, nursing home bound, first responder, front line health care provider, etc. How'd ya manage it, dude? Enlighten us, please. :eek:

tourist said:
Mistake my ass. :roll:

the cronyism going on with the vaccine distribution is f-ed up, particularly in the academic 'community'. i know a bunch of professors and the like who have never taken care of a patient in their life, and come nowhere near hospitals - but have been vaccinated. at harvard, one cancer research institute vaccinated everyone, even though they were not doing anything involved with patients or the virus. this type of crap is happening all over the country.

tourist said:
Reinell, evidently, YOU knocked down some doors to get the vaccine, right? Recent military retiree, I doubt you are in the first tier of eligibles, i.e., over 75, pre-existing conditions, nursing home bound, first responder, front line health care provider, etc. How'd ya manage it, dude? Enlighten us, please. :eek:

I am a military retiree in 2006. However, I still work for the military as a Combat Arms Instructor. Yes, I am a teacher. I instruct for the active duty, guard, sheriff, US Marshalls, FWP, city police etc...

I think all that is irrelevant because my boss asked all persons in my shop, active duty and civilians who would like the vaccine. Us civilians all said yepper.... If it is offered, why would I turn it down?

I appreciate your reply. I have taken only one flu shot in my life, and only to get a persistent pain in the ass doctor off my back. I don't know if I'll take the shot if offered this time around. I have pre-existing conditions, so if I don't take the shot, is that a form of suicide??? (Humor)

tourist said:
I appreciate your reply. I have taken only one flu shot in my life, and only to get a persistent pain in the ass doctor off my back. I don't know if I'll take the shot if offered this time around. I have pre-existing conditions, so if I don't take the shot, is that a form of suicide??? (Humor)

Can we assume from this description that your doctor is a very "friendly" proctologist?

tourist said:

It's a form of Russian Roulette if you do.

argh! said:
tourist said:
Mistake my ass. :roll:

the cronyism going on with the vaccine distribution is f-ed up, particularly in the academic 'community'. i know a bunch of professors and the like who have never taken care of a patient in their life, and come nowhere near hospitals - but have been vaccinated. at harvard, one cancer research institute vaccinated everyone, even though they were not doing anything involved with patients or the virus. this type of crap is happening all over the country.

I agree. Fucked up. Politicized. Patronized.Get your thesaurus out and throw in a few more words.This country has totally gone to hell, or maybe just the appearance of respectability has just gone away. AOC and Pence getting the shot. :roll: I have NO respect for government anymore.

Cuervohola said:
tourist said:

It's a form of Russian Roulette if you do.

Da! :lol:

SaskGriz said:
tourist said:

Can we assume from this description that your doctor is a very "friendly" proctologist?

:lol: :lol: :lol: No, just a clinician trying to keep the flu from devastating his facility. He got it up his ass in the 'end' when he got fired when a new administration took over. Not to cast any dispersion on him. I went head to head with the same administrator and yes men/women. Any time you have someone who says you can't do this or that, there will be people, like me, who say "Oh, yeah?" :lol:

So, are people saying it’s ok to jump ahead in the line to get the shot if they have the opportunity? St. Vincent’s Health Care likely would agree.

Spanky2 said:
So, are people saying it’s ok to jump ahead in the line to get the shot if they have the opportunity? St. Vincent’s Health Care likely would agree.

Only if you are entitled.I thought this whole exercise was to save Grandma & Grandpa.

MikeyGriz said:
Spanky2 said:

Only if you are entitled.I thought this whole exercise was to save Grandma & Grandpa.

Much of the conversation in the beginning was a concern for the most vulnerable, but some of the decision makers have put their relatives, friends, acquaintances ahead of the most vulnerable. If it’s up to guys like Michael Busch, Chief Medical Officer at St. Vincent’s, grandma and grandpa won’t be vaccinated at all. Oh well, they’re old, what difference does it make?

Spanky2 said:
MikeyGriz said:

Much of the conversation in the beginning was a concern for the most vulnerable, but some of the decision makers have put their relatives, friends, acquaintances ahead of the most vulnerable. If it’s up to guys like Michael Busch, Chief Medical Officer at St. Vincent’s, grandma and grandpa won’t be vaccinated at all. Oh well, they’re old, what difference does it make?

And who is shocked to see this happening? :eek: :shock:

reinell30 said:
ilovethecats said:

People should be knocking down doors to get this vaccine, but for some reason they're not, why? I mean this Covid is so bad and scary that lot of people state they won't get the vaccine never. What will it take to get things back to normal, not the new normal either? I mean Biden just promised 1 million a day for 100 days in a row will be vaccinated, time to get in line....

Get a vaccine for something that has a 99.6% survival rate, and even higher in my age group? And the death rate from the virus appears to rival the disease it’s supposed to prevent....

I’ll pass.

AZGrizFan said:
reinell30 said:

Get a vaccine for something that has a 99.6% survival rate, and even higher in my age group? And the death rate from the virus appears to rival the disease it’s supposed to prevent....

I’ll pass.

you'll soon be skin and bones - you just lost your spoon!

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’ll pass.

you'll soon be skin and bones - you just lost your spoon!

I have no idea what that means, but I’m sure it’s hilarious. :| :|

Latest posts

Back