• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NAU Thread

I’ve watched enough Griz basketball over the years to know that I will never ever criticize a Griz win. :lol:

UM guards dribble too much. Team throws a lot of bad passes. Rebounding seems to have gotten better since earlier in season. Still not good enough. Especially in giving up o-rebounds. Too mant streaks if TO's,.

Work in progress.

I've never seen a team blow leads quite like the Griz. It's not just this year...they've been blowing big leads for years. Strange.

Our rebounding has cost us more games this year, and it cost us this one as well. I’ve come to the conclusion that we’re one of those teams that plays to the level of competition, and that’s not good.

Turnovers in the post are killing us. Stand around, dribble, dribble and throw it into a dead hole for turnovers and offense out of timeouts is horrific

Turnovers, and on ball defense (terrible stopping penetration) were/are big issues. Also, much better team with Bannon on the bench.

58pts against NAU oofda smh. It doesn't look as a bad as early in year where it was bad passing, fumbling turnovers, and standing around under hoop watching other teams grab their misses....but somehow the results are just as bad.

GrizSteve said:
Turnovers in the post are killing us. Stand around, dribble, dribble and throw it into a dead hole for turnovers and offense out of timeouts is horrific
You’re not kidding. I’m tired of watching Steadman and Bannon thinking they need to take a power dribble before going up for the shot. Just go up, try to dunk it and if you get fouled then get fouled. I can’t remember a season where we’ve had fewer dunks.

Griz til I die said:
GrizSteve said:
You’re not kidding. I’m tired of watching Steadman and Bannon thinking they need to take a power dribble before going up for the shot. Just go up, try to dunk it and if you get fouled then get fouled. I can’t remember a season where we’ve had fewer dunks.

For sure, that last play to Steadman should have been a dunk if he is ready to catch an go up, but instead catch and assess the situation and let the guy get over, even then the guy was just just getting there he still had a chance to go up hard and 99% make it or get fouled cause the guy was just getting there and not in position to defend a shot

Back