• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No one knows where people are getting infected

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I see that McConnell has supposedly privately mentioned that having Trump impeached might help get rid of his grip on the party.

I actually think it'll make it worse.

who knows, maybe trump will start a third party. if so, i'd like to see a fourth, with the more rational republicans and dems forming a party. get rid of the grip the far right republicans and far left democrats have on elections, in that we are currently stuck voting on candidates chosen by those two groups.

ilovethecats said:
In regards to me not believing the steps we are taking are just about saving lives I thought I already covered that. If the sole purpose of every decision that has been made is about saving lives, I feel like we'd be doing things much differently is all. [Like what?] Things like wearing a mask into a restaurant, but them taking them off while at a table of 6-8 people don't scream to me that we're trying to save lives. [what does it scream to you?] Closing small businesses while big box stores have been packed with people every day since the pandemic doesn't tell me it's all about saving lives. [can you give one example of a non-med small business being forced to close while a larger competitor was allowed to stay open?] There are many examples [yeah right, I bet you can’t come up with any] but this is just simple things to me that I feel could be done differently if we were really trying our hardest to stop this thing. I don't feel like that is some crazy conspiracy.

That’s it? You’ve ranted about masks for weeks and many pages now and that is the best you can come up with? Egriz’s most infamous posters like PR, argh, and CDA (not trying to include myself in that distinguished list) have essentially disagreed with you, while nobody seems to support your conspiracy theories (altho to be fair, maybe your supporters are taking a step back this week).

I’ve practically begged you multiple times to give us the point of your rant, and you purposely ignore that reasonable request, other than to claim “hypocrisy” (which is hilariously ironic, because like most big words, I don’t think you even know what it means).

In the end, you offer no real analysis, and certainly no alternatives or solutions. So it sounds like you are just whining. Normally, I wouldn’t give a shit if I heard a Cat Person whine [do they even make any other sounds?] but it just comes across as so dumb when you consider the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask along with the potential upside vs whatever the hell you are trying to argue.

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:
In regards to me not believing the steps we are taking are just about saving lives I thought I already covered that. If the sole purpose of every decision that has been made is about saving lives, I feel like we'd be doing things much differently is all. [Like what?] Things like wearing a mask into a restaurant, but them taking them off while at a table of 6-8 people don't scream to me that we're trying to save lives. [what does it scream to you?] Closing small businesses while big box stores have been packed with people every day since the pandemic doesn't tell me it's all about saving lives. [can you give one example of a small business being forced to close while a larger competitor was allowed to stay open?] There are many examples [yeah right, I bet you can’t come up with any] but this is just simple things to me that I feel could be done differently if we were really trying our hardest to stop this thing. I don't feel like that is some crazy conspiracy.

That’s it? You’ve ranted about masks for weeks and many pages now and that is the best you can come up with? Egriz’s most infamous posters like PR, argh, and CDA (not trying to include myself in that distinguished list) have essentially disagreed with you, while nobody seems to support your conspiracy theories (altho to be fair, maybe your supporters are taking a step back this week).

I’ve practically begged you multiple times to give us the point of your rant, and you purposely ignore that reasonable request, other than to claim “hypocrisy” (which is hilariously ironic, because like most big words, I don’t think you even know what it means).

In the end, you offer no real analysis, and certainly no alternatives or solutions. So it sounds like you are just whining. Normally, I wouldn’t give a shit if I heard a Cat Person whine [do they even make any other sounds?] but it just comes across as so dumb when you consider the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask along with the potential upside vs whatever the hell you are trying to argue.
:lol:

You must be bored. A week later you dig back to quote my post. I'm honored.

I'm still waiting to hear what these conspiracy theories are that I apparently believe in. Would love to hear that.

You really don't remember when "non-essential" businesses were forced to close while other businesses were allowed to be open? Good for you. If I could block that out I would as well. Don't get me wrong, I own a couple "essential" businesses and am coming off a record year. Many other people weren't so lucky.

And just to be clear, when you post these long, drawn out posts it's sharing wisdom or something, but when I respond or share my experiences it's ranting? :clap: That's good stuff.

I really don't know how my opinion (or ranting :lol: ) is so extreme. I don't think we needed to close down schools. Even now I think having kids go two days a week and remote learning the other three doesn't make sense. It's fine if you think it's a great idea. I think many kids are going to really struggle going forward and that bothers me.

I don't like that some businesses were forced to close while others were allowed to stay open. You don't recall this happening and that's fine. I have a non-essential business that was forced to close and two essential businesses allowed to stay open so I feel my opinion on this is ok. Apologies if that bothers you.

I think forcing bars to close at 10 is just to give the impression that we're doing something. I've said before I'm all ears on this one. If evidence comes forward that bars being open from 8am until 10pm, but not later than 10pm is slowing the spread, I'm happy to say I was wrong on that.

I think making people wear a mask when they walk into a restaurant, but then take them off at their table 10 feet from the door is more window dressing. But again, if scientific evidence is presented that it's slowing the spread, I have no problem admitting I was wrong on that.

I don't know why you think I have such an issue with masks. I wear them everywhere I go. I'm very obedient like that! It didn't stop me from getting the virus of course, but not once did you hear me say that masks don't work after it knocked me on my butt. In fact, of all the people I know who have been infected, all of them to my knowledge are pretty obedient mask-wearers. Despite that, I still believe we'd probably be worse off in no one wore masks ever.

Like I said, I'm trying to figure out what is so crazy about my takes? I also think we should have fans at our football games! That hot take might make your head explode! Apologies again.

I look forward to your response in a few days when you're bored and looking for conversation. Can't think of a better way to throw out a few insults and some very awesome memes! :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
more recent videos, and statements by the justice department and FBI make it clear there was more violence and the threat of pre-planned violence (i.e. zip tie guy) than it originally appeared. also, several cops will probably lose their jobs, at minimum.

Yes, more stuff coming out, lots of video, and plenty of bad stuff. Nevertheless, most of the people were just there. I like the video's of people walking through the hall of statutes, essentially in single file and staying between the ropes. Those were rule followers. A Dem Congress woman is saying that colleagues were giving tours the day before, and she speculated that they may have been scouting missions. Did the guy with Pelosi's lecture get it out of the Capitol? I see that McConnell has supposedly privately mentioned that having Trump impeached might help get rid of his grip on the party. While I still don't see any criminal issues for Trump, because of free speech doctrines, what was he thinking, or was he not thinking (as he has been prone to do). Did he really think someone good would come out of inviting a bunch of supporters, none of whom he knew, to DC, and then sending them to the Capitol. Good think the far left people were told to stay away and seemed to have stayed away. Otherwise, those likely clashes would have been ugly, or worse.

BLM / Antifa were there. They always are, and are the ones that broke in. I think it's hilarious that the Leftists call Trump a fascist, but condone the oppression of free speech by Twitter, Fakebook, Google etc., which is one of the many branches of fascism.

I challenge anyone to point out in President Trump's speech where he said to riot.

https://welovetrump.com/2021/01/09/blm-activist-posted-picture-posing-as-trump-supporter-before-capitol-siege/

ilovethecats said:
garizzalies said:

I'm still waiting to hear what these conspiracy theories are that I apparently believe in. Would love to hear that.

You really don't remember when "non-essential" businesses were forced to close while other businesses were allowed to be open? Good for you. If I could block that out I would as well. Don't get me wrong, I own a couple "essential" businesses and am coming off a record year. Many other people weren't so lucky.

And just to be clear, when you post these long, drawn out posts it's sharing wisdom or something, but when I respond or share my experiences it's ranting? :clap: That's good stuff.

I really don't know how my opinion (or ranting :lol: ) is so extreme. I don't think we needed to close down schools. Even now I think having kids go two days a week and remote learning the other three doesn't make sense. It's fine if you think it's a great idea. I think many kids are going to really struggle going forward and that bothers me.

I don't like that some businesses were forced to close while others were allowed to stay open. You don't recall this happening and that's fine. I have a non-essential business that was forced to close and two essential businesses allowed to stay open so I feel my opinion on this is ok. Apologies if that bothers you.

I think forcing bars to close at 10 is just to give the impression that we're doing something. I've said before I'm all ears on this one. If evidence comes forward that bars being open from 8am until 10pm, but not later than 10pm is slowing the spread, I'm happy to say I was wrong on that.

I think making people wear a mask when they walk into a restaurant, but then take them off at their table 10 feet from the door is more window dressing. But again, if scientific evidence is presented that it's slowing the spread, I have no problem admitting I was wrong on that.

I don't know why you think I have such an issue with masks. I wear them everywhere I go. I'm very obedient like that! It didn't stop me from getting the virus of course, but not once did you hear me say that masks don't work after it knocked me on my butt. In fact, of all the people I know who have been infected, all of them to my knowledge are pretty obedient mask-wearers. Despite that, I still believe we'd probably be worse off in no one wore masks ever.

Like I said, I'm trying to figure out what is so crazy about my takes? I also think we should have fans at our football games! That hot take might make your head explode! Apologies again.

I look forward to your response in a few days when you're bored and looking for conversation. Can't think of a better way to throw out a few insults and some very awesome memes! :thumb:

i'm bored, and i agree with most of what you post here. keeping in mind that lessons have been learned, albeit slowly, about the virus and how to deal with it, i'll just write a few things. i'll skip the conspiracy stuff, and say you are right, small businesses were screwed at the start, while big box stores were allowed to stay open. that was beyond unfair. many small businesses could have stayed open, just like liquor stores did. and then big businesses and the usual culprits double-screwed the small businesses by pilfering a lot of the bailout money. they should be forced to pay it back, as well as a large fine. as for bars, unless they could operate with outside seating, i'm ok with closing them, just like indoor dining. indoor places without good ventilation pose a risk due to droplets in the air, etc.... also, keep in mind drunk people make bad decisions (i've done so many, many, many times). ok, that is all i'll respond to, i'm not that bored!

argh! said:
i'm bored, and i agree with most of what you post here. keeping in mind that lessons have been learned, albeit slowly, about the virus and how to deal with it, i'll just write a few things. i'll skip the conspiracy stuff, and say you are right, small businesses were screwed at the start, while big box stores were allowed to stay open. that was beyond unfair. many small businesses could have stayed open, just like liquor stores did. and then big businesses and the usual culprits double-screwed the small businesses by pilfering a lot of the bailout money. they should be forced to pay it back, as well as a large fine. as for bars, unless they could operate with outside seating, i'm ok with closing them, just like indoor dining. indoor places without good ventilation pose a risk due to droplets in the air, etc.... also, keep in mind drunk people make bad decisions (i've done so many, many, many times). ok, that is all i'll respond to, i'm not that bored!

Argh!, are there some places defying the shutdown and operating where you are? There's a list of them here. I'm actually staring at a Wahoo's with people eating on the patio as I type this. I went to a Simmzy's last weekend that was "takeout only" and then the waitress said "sit wherever you want to eat your takeout." Seemed like a prepared line, but I sat on their patio and had a burger. Just wondering if there are similar things going on in your neck of the wape/nape of the woods.

argh! said:
ilovethecats said:

I can agree with all that argh. I'm still torn on the bar issue though. Admittedly this one is personal for me. But the fact is people are still flocking to bars all day long. And they're just getting drunk and being dumb earlier than normal in my experience. And then you know where they go when they're kicked out at 10? Houses and dorm rooms. With zero precautions like social distancing face masks that they are forced to wear in bars and restaurants. Well....until they are seated that is. :roll:

I just think they've been made an easy target. And people can act like we're really doing something to fight this virus by forcing them to close early.

But I think overall we're in agreement. I don't find these takes to be too wild but hey, I learn new things every day!

Appreciate the response.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:

Argh!, are there some places defying the shutdown and operating where you are? There's a list of them here. I'm actually staring at a Wahoo's with people eating on the patio as I type this. I went to a Simmzy's last weekend that was "takeout only" and then the waitress said "sit wherever you want to eat your takeout." Seemed like a prepared line, but I sat on their patio and had a burger. Just wondering if there are similar things going on in your neck of the wape/nape of the woods.

I believe "neck of the nape" is the phrase you were looking for there...

ilovethecats said:
argh! said:

I can agree with all that argh. I'm still torn on the bar issue though. Admittedly this one is personal for me. But the fact is people are still flocking to bars all day long. And they're just getting drunk and being dumb earlier than normal in my experience. And then you know where they go when they're kicked out at 10? Houses and dorm rooms. With zero precautions like social distancing face masks that they are forced to wear in bars and restaurants. Well....until they are seated that is. :roll:

I just think they've been made an easy target. And people can act like we're really doing something to fight this virus by forcing them to close early.

But I think overall we're in agreement. I don't find these takes to be too wild but hey, I learn new things every day!

Appreciate the response.

I also believe there's been zero trace studies that point to bars as bad actors....it's just the assumption (like argh! made) that drunk people make bad decisions, bad decisions will lead to spread of the virus, thus close 'em down.

ilovethecats said:
garizzalies said:

Yes I am bored. That’s the only thing you got right. You certainly failed the reading comprehension part. Big surprise. You said big box stores remained open while small businesses were closed and I asked if you could give a non-med example of such in a competitive sense. Epic fail by you. Non-essentials do not normally compete with essentials. You made it sound like Walmart stayed open while a mom-n-pop corner grocery had to close and I don’t think that was correct. So please apologize for your benighted rant or try again.

How am I supposed to explain your conspiracy theories when you can’t even articulate them yourself, after being asked many times? I guess it’s probably pretty tough to keep track of all your different conspiracies. Did you already forget your rants about “agenda driven” numbers, death rates, flu comparisons, and “pretending”? Luckily, the internet never forgets.

I love how in your latest post, instead of using the word “pretend”, you call it “giving the impression” and “window dressing.” Maybe consult a thesaurus again for your next post and find more ridiculous euphemisms. It’s like you got the memo that this is such a stupid hot-take but you won’t give up and instead just fudge the terminology.

BTW, you never answered that—why are you pretending; what do you think the real purpose is for masks? Makes me wonder if you even know what the phrase “conspiracy theory” means. Since you purposely refuse to address that simple issue which you stressed over and over, let me guess: are masks just a political tool to control the masses?

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:

Yes I am bored. That’s the only thing you got right. You certainly failed the reading comprehension part. Big surprise. You said big box stores remained open while small businesses were closed and I asked if you could give a non-med example of such in a competitive sense. Epic fail by you. Non-essentials do not normally compete with essentials. You made it sound like Walmart stayed open while a mom-n-pop corner grocery had to close and I don’t think that was correct. So please apologize for your benighted rant or try again.

How am I supposed to explain your conspiracy theories when you can’t even articulate them yourself, after being asked many times? I guess it’s probably pretty tough to keep track of all your different conspiracies. Did you already forget your rants about “agenda driven” numbers, death rates, flu comparisons, and “pretending”? Luckily, the internet never forgets.

I love how in your latest post, instead of using the word “pretend”, you call it “giving the impression” and “window dressing.” Maybe consult a thesaurus again for your next post and find more ridiculous euphemisms. It’s like you got the memo that this is such a stupid hot-take but you won’t give up and instead just fudge the terminology.

BTW, you never answered that—why are you pretending; what do you think the real purpose is for masks? Makes me wonder if you even know what the phrase “conspiracy theory” means. Since you purposely refuse to address that simple issue which you stressed over and over, let me guess: are masks just a political tool to control the masses?

not sure about where you live, but I know here in Texas big box stores stayed open while smaller boutique shops (retail, clothing, etc) were forced to close for the first several months of the pandemic.

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I believe "neck of the nape" is the phrase you were looking for there...

[media]https://youtu.be/U_3vuxC3lww?t=26[/media]

Correction: in Suckacats’ latest post, instead of using the word “pretending”, he calls it, “act like we're really doing something”. :lol:

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:

I don't think that about masks. I'm sure some people do. I don't get into all the political nonsense some love so much. I don't think I've pretended anything about masks, but by all means share with me where you think I said something about masks that I don't believe I said.

I can't explain conspiracy theories because I don't have any? In what part of my post you quoted is considered a conspiracy?

I can't help how you interpreted what I said when I think it sucks places were forced to close. Take that however you want. You don't remember businesses being forced to close. I have one that had to and while it was tough on me, it was far worse for my staff. I had to take one employee in while he could get back on his feet. It's too bad he worked for me, in a business deemed too dangerous, when he could have worked in others that despite being packed, didn't pose a danger for some reason? I think it sucks that some businesses were forced to close, and I think it's even worse many of them had to close for good. If you disagree with that, that's your right.

I have no problem calling it "pretend" if that makes you feel better. I think we are "pretending" to take only certain measures in the name of science. I think making bars close at 10, after they've been open and busy for 14 hours already, is "pretending" we're taking action against this virus. Call it pretend, giving the impression, window-dressing, whatever you want to call it; that's how I perceive it. Like I stated above, if it becomes known scientifically that closing early in SOME businesses, and forcing SOME businesses to close, while others were open and packed during this pandemic, I'll retract that stance. Seems like a tough thing to prove to me that packed box stores are far safer than packed bars after 10pm...but I'm all for it.

I am so scared for what you have in store for me now! :eek:

:thumb:

I don't want to weigh in on the fun too much, but I will say ILTC's last paragraph resonated with me, and here's why: Both of my parents are healthy, but in the at-risk age group. They've taken to going to Costco and Target and Home Depot and Cabela's for entertainment. What I mean by that is that they can't go to the gym, can't/don't play poker/bridge with their normal groups, can't play golf because the weather is garbage up there, so they drive around and cruise the aisles of these huge stores just so they can get out of the house.

They never did that before this started. I don't have any answers, I'm just saying that I've witnessed first hand (over the phone) people packing these big box stores more than they ever have just for something to do.

CDAGRIZ said:
I don't want to weigh in on the fun too much, but I will say ILTC's last paragraph resonated with me, and here's why: Both of my parents are healthy, but in the at-risk age group. They've taken to going to Costco and Target and Home Depot and Cabela's for entertainment. What I mean by that is that they can't go to the gym, can't/don't play poker/bridge with their normal groups, can't play golf because the weather is garbage up there, so they drive around and cruise the aisles of these huge stores just so they can get out of the house.

They never did that before this started. I don't have any answers, I'm just saying that I've witnessed first hand (over the phone) people packing these big box stores more than they ever have just for something to do.

Sadly I have relatives in the same boat. Who knew that a Costco run could be a source of entertainment?! It's a shitty deal.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:

my old gym down the street has defied it. they were one of the first here to open before they were 'allowed', but did use some basic precautions. they followed the rules texas was using, because, according to the gym, they couldn't get any guidance from the state. a while back the owner installed an opaque fence in front with a locked gate to get in. it looks like he also might have taken out a couple of the big windows in front, which actually isn't a big change, since they never heated or cooled the place anyway (1/2 mile from the beach, maybe less), and it is a 'hard core' body builder gym, and probably essential to some people's mental health. there are several hispanic places that aren't following directives. the only place that ticks me off a bit is the liquor store closest to my house, as they don't even try to enforce the mask mandate. lots of drunk idiots in there breathing on everything, in a tightly packed, enclosed space. some large local religious groups don't bother with any precautions. so, to answer your questions, yes, some places don't follow the mandates. i don't like aspects of how some operate, others i don't mind, because they are being smart about the whole thing.

Back