• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No one knows where people are getting infected

Here's a good video of the woman/veteran being killed.

There are multiple cops, some with guns, and other official-looking people in suits right with the crowd and her. They are right together. No one is threatening the cops; the cops don't act threatened. Someone, probably a cop or person in a suit, is saying "good job guys". The woman, with a pack, then goes to the window (in the door) and starts to get up on and go through the window. And gets shot and falls backward. There are other videos showing someone to the left, holding a handgun. Right by the door/window.

Sorry, but while the crowd is noisy, it's not threatening.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9oThRuMVs&amp%3Bfeature=youtu.be&amp%3Bbpctr=1610038009&amp%3Bab_channel=NationalFile&has_verified=1&bpctr=1610257336

PlayerRep said:
Jesse said:
What metric are you trying to use in your argument against cnn, can you cite something that shows what cnn cares more about versus this only 2 days of news cycle? The Floyd murder was seen by the world in real time. I don’t think cnn hawking it has anything to do with the outrage it caused, do you? The killing of the woman by police was not what caused the riot, it was in full swing when she was killed. It happened outside the speakers lobby which I guess is a higher security area then say the rotunda or even the house floor which I would think had something to do with the cop deciding he needed to fire his weapon at a women climbing through a broken door in front of a mob. Awful that it happened but then I don’t know what the rules of engagement or force are for either secret service or capital hill police when protecting vp or members of Congress, do you? You don’t agree that BLM protests are put down with more excessive force compared to what we have seen so far on the cell phone video from the capital? The overall restraint of the police was incredible in my opinion. Wonder if that would work at the next BLM party?

Ps. This is for argh! Do remember when the leader of the free world went off shift with threats on trade to xi when the Hong Kong protests were brutally put down by the ccp? I don’t either. We appreciate you, we love you, now go home what a great line to end the next riot. Could the mrs translate that into mandarin for xi. Lol

I was talking about the recent "event", not anything else. Do you think it was a "coup" attempt? That's shaggy multiple people on CNN said? Are you saying it was okay for the capitol police to kill the woman? How many BLM protestors were shot and killed by police, in the 100's or thousands of BLM protests? Again, I'm talking about CNN's coverage, not comparing Trump and BLM protests?

Tell us what you think the capital police should have done at the capitol. Please be specific.

Can't wait to see how tough Biden is on China.
I don’t know what to think yet. The more video that is released is making it start to appear more violent then I first thought. I have read that the FBI is scouring social media and have found plans of the capital and loose marching orders on how to take the capital building, which seems kinda late, and the fellas with the zip ties is scary. No I don’t think its ever ok for police to kill people. I’m wondering if there is a different security level in the capital that made the shooting legal under their rules. I’m sure from inside the room where he shot, his perspective is going to be quite a bit different. Poor guy what an awful thing to have to do. I don’t know what the stats are. Trump is still potus and his administration and homeland security still have the responsibility and should have been calling the shots not the police. I guess they should have been out in force like they were last summer for the brothers’ march. I read that pence and not trump called the national guard which if true is fucking evil of Trump.

Just weighing in here on the non-existent Capitol verses Capital debate. Hope everyone knows the difference. That is all. Carry on.

PlayerRep said:
Jesse said:
What metric are you trying to use in your argument against cnn, can you cite something that shows what cnn cares more about versus this only 2 days of news cycle? The Floyd murder was seen by the world in real time. I don’t think cnn hawking it has anything to do with the outrage it caused, do you? The killing of the woman by police was not what caused the riot, it was in full swing when she was killed. It happened outside the speakers lobby which I guess is a higher security area then say the rotunda or even the house floor which I would think had something to do with the cop deciding he needed to fire his weapon at a women climbing through a broken door in front of a mob. Awful that it happened but then I don’t know what the rules of engagement or force are for either secret service or capital hill police when protecting vp or members of Congress, do you? You don’t agree that BLM protests are put down with more excessive force compared to what we have seen so far on the cell phone video from the capital? The overall restraint of the police was incredible in my opinion. Wonder if that would work at the next BLM party?

Ps. This is for argh! Do remember when the leader of the free world went off shift with threats on trade to xi when the Hong Kong protests were brutally put down by the ccp? I don’t either. We appreciate you, we love you, now go home what a great line to end the next riot. Could the mrs translate that into mandarin for xi. Lol

I was talking about the recent "event", not anything else. Do you think it was a "coup" attempt? That's shaggy multiple people on CNN said? Are you saying it was okay for the capitol police to kill the woman? How many BLM protestors were shot and killed by police, in the 100's or thousands of BLM protests? Again, I'm talking about CNN's coverage, not comparing Trump and BLM protests?

Tell us what you think the capital police should have done at the capitol. Please be specific.

Can't wait to see how tough Biden is on China.

He will follow X’s instructions.

I found this NY Times opinion piece to be interesting:

"I will be honest and say that I don’t know exactly how to interpret the surreal events that unfolded this week in Washington, D.C., when a mob inflamed by online memes and presidential fantasies rampaged through the halls of the U.S. Capitol.

Throughout the Trump era there has been a debate among his critics about whether to regard this presidency as a mortal threat to the Republic or a degrading interlude in its decline, a revival of 1930s fascism or 1870s white supremacy or as something more purely virtual, performative and astonishingly weak.

The riot at the capital occupies a liminal, unstable space between these two interpretations. Cock your head one way and it looks like the fulfillment of every Resistance warning: The head of the executive branch incites a mob to take over the seat of the legislative branch and prevent power from being passed to his successor. Cock your head another and it looks like the culmination of the Trump Show: A politically impotent, conspiracy-addled president whips up a rabble of costumed selfie-snappers and then goes home to the White House with no plan except to watch them get rowdy on TV.

This was not a coup by any traditional definition of the term (as authors of books on coups quickly took to Twitter to explain), nor was it the kind of Bill Barr-abetted, Supreme Court-stamped use of constitutional trickery that liberals feared. But it was still something more than just a riot.
And not merely because of where and with what encouragement it happened, but because it extended from an immersive narrative that made many of its participants fervently believe that they were actors in a world-historical drama, saviors or re-founders of the American Republic.

But more than that, we can say that Donald Trump, like a fool dabbling with occult forces, was the one who let the veil be torn. For over three years QAnon and its attendant conspiracies made use of his presidency for their narratives, their vast exercise in creating secondary worlds. If, following his electoral defeat, he had just whined about fraud and prepared to run for president again, they probably would have continued the world-building, spinning his exile as the latest phase in “the plan,” with a pre-orchestrated second act forthcoming in 2024.

But he wanted more, he wanted a way to actually stay in office, and since no Republican with real power would actually do a coup for him, he turned fully to the fantasy world — which gladly supplied him with story lines, narratives, first the Kraken and then the fixation on Mike Pence as a deus ex machina.

And because Trump is, however incompetently, actually the president and not just a character in an online role-playing game, by turning to the dreamworld he made himself a conduit for the dream to enter into reality, making the dreamers believe in the plausibility of direct action, giving us the riot and its dead."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/opinion/sunday/trump-capitol-riot-legacy.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Good video; don't know if it's stuck behind paywall. This is where the policeman gets stuck between a door and shield, or something. It's mostly just pushing to try to get inside, with the police packed in a group behind the door not letting the crowd in. The police are very restrained.

https://www.wsj.com/?ns=prod/accounts-wsj

[Timeline]

1:30 p.m.
The crowd outside the building grows larger, eventually overtaking Capitol Police and making their way up the steps.

"As President Trump told a sprawling crowd outside the White House that they should never accept defeat, hundreds of his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in what amounted to an attempted coup that they hoped would overturn the election he lost."

After Trump’s speech, supporters begin marching toward the U.S. Capitol.

Around 2:15 p.m.
The pro-Trump mob breaches the Capitol, breaking windows and climbing inside the building, then opening doors for others to follow

"With poles bearing blue Trump flags, a mob that would eventually grow into the thousands bashed through Capitol doors and windows, forcing their way past police officers unprepared for the onslaught. Lawmakers were evacuated shortly before an armed standoff at the House chamber’s entrance."

By 2:20 p.m.
Both houses of Congress adjourn and start to evacuate as rioters force their way farther into the Capitol.

2:24 p.m.
@realDonaldTrump
“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!”

2:38 p.m.
@realDonaldTrump
Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!

3:13 p.m.
@realDonaldTrump
I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!

Before 3:15 p.m.
Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran and avid Trump supporter, is shot by Capitol Police while trying to get into the Speaker’s Lobby.

3:36 p.m.
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweets that the National Guard and federal forces are on their way to the U.S. Capitol.

4:05 p.m.
Biden calls on Trump to “demand an end to this siege.”

4:17 p.m.
Trump tweets a video telling rioters that he loves them and urging them to go home. He continues to falsely claim that the election was stolen and that he understands how demonstrators feel.

4:18 p.m.
Maryland and Virginia send National Guard and state troopers to Washington

Around 5:40 p.m.
Police begin to clear the Capitol as rioters are pushed back and the interior is secured. Congressional leaders announce that they will proceed with the electoral vote tally.

From WaPost.

Jesse said:
PlayerRep said:
I was talking about protesters shot and killed by the police. My question, not for you, is why does CNN not seem to care much that the Trump woman was shot in the neck and killed? If any Floyd protestors were killed by police, pls call to our attention.

ah hell, i can do that, with a minor change: 我们感谢你 我们爱你 请回家! pinyin: wǒmen gǎnxiè nǐ, wǒmen ài nǐ, qǐng huí jiā! or, how it sounds: wah men gan she ay knee, wah men i knee, ching hway gee ah!

only problem is 1) i wrote it in simplified chinese, in hong kong (and taiwan) they use traditional, and 2) the pinyin wouldn't work that well in hong kong, because it is mandarin and they speak cantonese. but i tried, and didn't even bother my wife, because those are beginning level words that i can handle :)

bringing it back to the original subject, here's an article demonstrating why i find cronyism and other corruption in universities disgusting: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/health/coronavirus-hospitals-vaccinations.html

argh! said:
bringing it back to the original subject, here's an article demonstrating why i find cronyism and other corruption in universities disgusting: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/health/coronavirus-hospitals-vaccinations.html

I saw that article last night. WTF?

"At Elite Medical Centers, Even Workers Who Don’t Qualify Are Vaccinated

Administrators and young graduate students have been inoculated at leading research hospitals, contrary to state and federal guidelines."

“The only reason that they have as much vaccine as they have was because they were custodians of vaccine — because they have cold storage,” the official said. “It wasn’t N.Y.U.’s vaccine to use for N.Y.U.”

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

Administrators and young graduate students have been inoculated at leading research hospitals, contrary to state and federal guidelines."

“The only reason that they have as much vaccine as they have was because they were custodians of vaccine — because they have cold storage,” the official said. “It wasn’t N.Y.U.’s vaccine to use for N.Y.U.”

there is a facebook page that somebody enrolled me in a long time ago called "march for science". its membership is mostly made up of academicians, and comically entitled graduate students and postdocs. a few were proudly showing themselves getting vaccinated, but they weren't dressed like health care workers, etc... anyway, i posted the article, and you would be appalled at the responses i received. one said that where she worked classified people as a1, which had significant contact with covid patients, then a2 and a3. she said 75% of the vaccine went to a1, then there was a lottery for a2 and a3, people who had limited interaction with covid patients. she was a3 but 'won' the lottery. i asked why 100% didn't go to a1, and if there was more, then the rest should go to a2, or to another hospital (pfizer's lasts 5 days after unfreezing, moderna's lasts 30 days after unfreezing). man, you should have seen the defensive, bitchy responses i received. there was another person who described an even dumber scheme, and i said so, and again received comments from her that were also entitled and absurd. i really don't see why it is hard to follow the directions for distribution, and not just hand vaccines out to grad students who shouldn't be anywhere near the front of the line.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

there is a facebook page that somebody enrolled me in a long time ago called "march for science". its membership is mostly made up of academicians, and comically entitled graduate students and postdocs. a few were proudly showing themselves getting vaccinated, but they weren't dressed like health care workers, etc... anyway, i posted the article, and you would be appalled at the responses i received. one said that where she worked classified people as a1, which had significant contact with covid patients, then a2 and a3. she said 75% of the vaccine went to a1, then there was a lottery for a2 and a3, people who had limited interaction with covid patients. she was a3 but 'won' the lottery. i asked why 100% didn't go to a1, and if there was more, then the rest should go to a2, or to another hospital (pfizer's lasts 5 days after unfreezing, moderna's lasts 30 days after unfreezing). man, you should have seen the defensive, bitchy responses i received. there was another person who described an even dumber scheme, and i said so, and again received comments from her that were also entitled and absurd. i really don't see why it is hard to follow the directions for distribution, and not just hand vaccines out to grad students who shouldn't be anywhere near the front of the line.

I knew where this was going after your second sentence, haha!

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:

do you know that group, or just me? come to think of it, you would probably need to know both to have it figured out. unless you consulted your tarot cards again. forgot about the f-ing tarot cards.

CDAGRIZ said:
Just weighing in here on the non-existent Capitol verses Capital debate. Hope everyone knows the difference. That is all. Carry on.

Isn’t one a record company?

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Isn’t one a record company?

I think so. They operate out of a silo up the road.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:

do you know that group, or just me? come to think of it, you would probably need to know both to have it figured out. unless you consulted your tarot cards again. forgot about the f-ing tarot cards.

No, I don’t know that group, but from your description, I felt like it was a “true hero” group that would likely all have blue checkmarks on Twitter. Don’t mess with them. They are mentally unable to fathom that someone might have a differing opinion on a minor topic. You can be called a Nazi and a Commie for the same post. That’s what led me back to my Tarot cards.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:

No, I don’t know that group, but from your description, I felt like it was a “true hero” group that would likely all have blue checkmarks on Twitter. Don’t mess with them. They are mentally unable to fathom that someone might have a differing opinion on a minor topic. You can be called a Nazi and a Commie for the same post. That’s what led me back to my Tarot cards.

you are right. i clicked on a few names and took a peek at profiles of people who proudly showed themselves getting the shot (a sample of about 6) . the first was an interior designer. a couple graduate students. the closest one to an actual health care worker was a part-time speech pathologist consultant. i restrained myself from questioning them. mostly.

PlayerRep said:
[Timeline]

The crowd outside the building grows larger, eventually overtaking Capitol Police and making their way up the steps.

"As President Trump told a sprawling crowd outside the White House that they should never accept defeat, hundreds of his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in what amounted to an attempted coup that they hoped would overturn the election he lost."

The pro-Trump mob breaches the Capitol, breaking windows and climbing inside the building, then opening doors for others to follow

"With poles bearing blue Trump flags, a mob that would eventually grow into the thousands bashed through Capitol doors and windows, forcing their way past police officers unprepared for the onslaught. Lawmakers were evacuated shortly before an armed standoff at the House chamber’s entrance."

Both houses of Congress adjourn and start to evacuate as rioters force their way farther into the Capitol.

@realDonaldTrump
“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!”

@realDonaldTrump
Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!

@realDonaldTrump
I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!

Ashli Babbitt, an Air Force veteran and avid Trump supporter, is shot by Capitol Police while trying to get into the Speaker’s Lobby.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweets that the National Guard and federal forces are on their way to the U.S. Capitol.

Trump tweets a video telling rioters that he loves them and urging them to go home. He continues to falsely claim that the election was stolen and that he understands how demonstrators feel.

Police begin to clear the Capitol as rioters are pushed back and the interior is secured. Congressional leaders announce that they will proceed with the electoral vote tally.

From WaPost.

more recent videos, and statements by the justice department and FBI make it clear there was more violence and the threat of pre-planned violence (i.e. zip tie guy) than it originally appeared. also, several cops will probably lose their jobs, at minimum.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
[Timeline]

@realDonaldTrump

@realDonaldTrump

@realDonaldTrump

From WaPost.

more recent videos, and statements by the justice department and FBI make it clear there was more violence and the threat of pre-planned violence (i.e. zip tie guy) than it originally appeared. also, several cops will probably lose their jobs, at minimum.

Yes, more stuff coming out, lots of video, and plenty of bad stuff. Nevertheless, most of the people were just there. I like the video's of people walking through the hall of statutes, essentially in single file and staying between the ropes. Those were rule followers. A Dem Congress woman is saying that colleagues were giving tours the day before, and she speculated that they may have been scouting missions. Did the guy with Pelosi's lecture get it out of the Capitol? I see that McConnell has supposedly privately mentioned that having Trump impeached might help get rid of his grip on the party. While I still don't see any criminal issues for Trump, because of free speech doctrines, what was he thinking, or was he not thinking (as he has been prone to do). Did he really think someone good would come out of inviting a bunch of supporters, none of whom he knew, to DC, and then sending them to the Capitol. Good think the far left people were told to stay away and seemed to have stayed away. Otherwise, those likely clashes would have been ugly, or worse.

PlayerRep said:
I see that McConnell has supposedly privately mentioned that having Trump impeached might help get rid of his grip on the party.

I actually think it'll make it worse.

Back