• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

County Health Dept After the Mo Club

I don't have boots on the ground in Missoula, so I can't really speak to what it's like there during all of this. I will say, however, that the most surprising thing I learned is that there were bars/restaurants not requiring patrons and STAFF to wear masks. It's been so long since I've seen a food server without a mask, I can't picture it. I forgot what it looks like.

SACCAT66 said:
ilovethecats said:
I'd buy you beers at both places! I'm always at both depending where the brawl is. Unless there was a huge riot in either place or a plague or anything else I deemed way too dangerous. If that was the case I'd just go somewhere else where I felt safer. Or even, "gasp", just stay home where I always feel SUPER safe! :thumb:

Wait... The Cats Paw is still a thing? I stopped going when they turned 75% of it into Keno machines... Last time I was in the Mo Club was with My wife (then girlfriend). Wore all by Bobcat gear, and not one person said a WORD to me about it (could have been because I was with Thatcher Szalay and the starting RB for the griz those years, can't remember his name for some reason)

It is! And you're right, tons of machines. Can't blame them as those things likely make them more money than their kitchen and bar combined. But not for everyone. These days it's a little more my speed than the packed debacles downtown! Truthfully, in my age I'm more of a dinner and wine kind of a guy after the Brawl.... :eek:

ilovethecats said:
SACCAT66 said:
Wait... The Cats Paw is still a thing? I stopped going when they turned 75% of it into Keno machines... Last time I was in the Mo Club was with My wife (then girlfriend). Wore all by Bobcat gear, and not one person said a WORD to me about it (could have been because I was with Thatcher Szalay and the starting RB for the griz those years, can't remember his name for some reason)

It is! And you're right, tons of machines. Can't blame them as those things likely make them more money than their kitchen and bar combined. But not for everyone. These days it's a little more my speed than the packed debacles downtown! Truthfully, in my age I'm more of a dinner and wine kind of a guy after the Brawl.... :eek:

I am with you there. Wife and I ended up at Nordic after last years CAT/griz game. I stay away from downtown most of the time... I did go the the new 9th floor bar at the Armory Hotel last weekend.

CDAGRIZ said:
I don't have boots on the ground in Missoula, so I can't really speak to what it's like there during all of this. I will say, however, that the most surprising thing I learned is that there were bars/restaurants not requiring patrons and STAFF to wear masks. It's been so long since I've seen a food server without a mask, I can't picture it. I forgot what it looks like.

I agree. I've been out and about a ton and I can't recall ever seeing bartenders or servers not wearing masks. Here and there I'll see one pull it down in order to communicate a bit better but then right back on.

Patrons are required to wear it from door to table or when using the bathroom which is asinine....but it's the rule. And hey, if it makes someone feel a tad safer when I mask up to use the head, I'll comply. :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I agree. I've been out and about a ton and I can't recall ever seeing bartenders or servers not wearing masks. Here and there I'll see one pull it down in order to communicate a bit better but then right back on.

Patrons are required to wear it from door to table or when using the bathroom which is asinine....but it's the rule. And hey, if it makes someone feel a tad safer when I mask up to use the head, I'll comply. :thumb:

🍪

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

True. Plus, as one with a weak stomach, wearing a mask in public restrooms has been a delight. I might continue doing so indefinitely. :D

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Found a restaurant in Kalispell last weekend where no one (staff nor customers) were wearing a mask. Pretty surreal given what we've experienced in Missoula and no wonder the Flathead is a hot spot.

According to CDC:
If you want to catch covid, wear a cloth mask (70.6%)
If you want the least chance of catching covid, don't wear a mask at all.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

See the chart on page 4. I ain't making this up.

TABLE. (Continued) Characteristics of symptomatic adults ≥18 years who were outpatients in 11 academic health care facilities and who received
positive and negative SARS-CoV-2 test results (N = 314)* — United States, July 1–29, 2020
Characteristic
No. (%)
P-value
Case-patients
(n = 154)
Control participants
(n = 160)
Previous close contact with a person with known COVID-19 (missing = 1)
No 89 (57.8) 136 (85.5) <0.01
Yes 65 (42.2) 23 (14.5)
Relationship to close contact with known COVID-19 (n = 88)
Family 33 (50.8) 5 (21.7) <0.01
Friend 9 (13.8) 4 (17.4)
Work colleague 11 (16.9) 6 (26.1)
Other** 6 (9.2) 8 (34.8)
Multiple 6 (9.2) 0 (0.0)
Reported use of cloth face covering or mask 14 days before illness onset (missing = 2)
Never 6 (3.9) 5 (3.1) 0.86
Rarely 6 (3.9) 6 (3.8)
Sometimes 11 (7.2) 7 (4.4)
Often 22 (14.4) 23 (14.5)
Always 108 (70.6) 118 (74.2)

horribilisfan8184 said:
According to CDC:
If you want to catch covid, wear a cloth mask (70.6%)
If you want the least chance of catching covid, don't wear a mask at all.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf

See the chart on page 4. I ain't making this up.

TABLE. (Continued) Characteristics of symptomatic adults ≥18 years who were outpatients in 11 academic health care facilities and who received
positive and negative SARS-CoV-2 test results (N = 314)* — United States, July 1–29, 2020
Characteristic
No. (%)
P-value
Case-patients
(n = 154)
Control participants
(n = 160)
Previous close contact with a person with known COVID-19 (missing = 1)
No 89 (57.8) 136 (85.5) <0.01
Yes 65 (42.2) 23 (14.5)
Relationship to close contact with known COVID-19 (n = 88)
Family 33 (50.8) 5 (21.7) <0.01
Friend 9 (13.8) 4 (17.4)
Work colleague 11 (16.9) 6 (26.1)
Other** 6 (9.2) 8 (34.8)
Multiple 6 (9.2) 0 (0.0)
Reported use of cloth face covering or mask 14 days before illness onset (missing = 2)
Never 6 (3.9) 5 (3.1) 0.86
Rarely 6 (3.9) 6 (3.8)
Sometimes 11 (7.2) 7 (4.4)
Often 22 (14.4) 23 (14.5)
Always 108 (70.6) 118 (74.2)

What if I don't really care and I just want restaurants to stay open? Mask, or nah?

argh! said:
you are conveniently ignoring the fact that montana's rate of infection is going up, up, up, something which you ignore in order to continually pursue your minimizing of the whole issue
Are rates of hospitalizations and deaths going "up, up, up?"

argh! said: