• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Trumain

From top paid CB in the NFL to the practice squad, gotta wonder what happened...? Was it desire, attitude or did injury play a part?

GrizTexas said:
From top paid CB in the NFL to the practice squad, gotta wonder what happened...? Was it desire, attitude or did injury play a part?

Maybe all of the above. But a perfect example of why to get paid as much as you can while the getting is good. He played his way into a ton of money. For whatever reason that play isn't there anymore. But he's still set. Good for him.

I would guess the fit wasn't right with the Jets. There were some injuries. HIs early money was guaranteed. The Jets thought they weren't getting enough out of him.

The Jets rebased him last spring to avoid paying a big chunk of money under the contract. This year's money, or a portion of it, wasn't guaranteed. I assume no one could/would pick him up right away, as they would have had to pay his big money salary.

Being signed now allows the team and him to negotiate a new contract, which obviously would be much lower and presumably have a bunch of incentives.

Any team can pick him up off of the practice squad. The team would have to have him active for several games, assuming the old rules apply. I don't know what type of pre-set contract there would or may be, or how that would work with veterans like this.

I can't imagine he won't become active, somewhere, as soon as corners start getting hurt.

None of this is based on inside info.

PlayerRep said:
I would guess the fit wasn't right with the Jets. There were some injuries. HIs early money was guaranteed. The Jets thought they weren't getting enough out of him.

The Jets rebased him last spring to avoid paying a big chunk of money under the contract. This year's money, or a portion of it, wasn't guaranteed. I assume no one could/would pick him up right away, as they would have had to pay his big money salary.

Being signed now allows the team and him to negotiate a new contract, which obviously would be much lower and presumably have a bunch of incentives.

Any team can pick him up off of the practice squad. The team would have to have him active for several games, assuming the old rules apply. I don't know what type of pre-set contract there would or may be, or how that would work with veterans like this.

I can't imagine he won't become active, somewhere, as soon as corners start getting hurt.

None of this is based on inside info.

There were a ton of injuries all across the NFL yesterday. Seahawks especially beat up in secondary. I agree someone will grab him soon of Panthers don't add him to roster.

It appears that the 49er's will be needing a pass rusher and a linebacker depending on the MRI's to Boss and Solomon. Could a guy named Dante' be in the mix?

Gaeilge1 said:
It appears that the 49er's will be needing a pass rusher and a linebacker depending on the MRI's to Boss and Solomon. Could a guy named Dante' be in the mix?

Well, since Bosa is a DE and Solomon is a DT, I would say....NO.

GrizTexas said:

Probably all of that plus it was the Jets.

Back