• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky football tv rights in the Spring?

GlacierGrizX

Since the majority of the FBS will play this fall, do you think the Griz might get a more lucrative tv deal? I would assume that viewership might be up, as it will be the only D-I football at that time period.(April-May) Could the Griz pull a Texas and demand a greater influence of games on maybe ROOT and telecast rights on non-ROOT games? If I was Haslam, I would like to see over the current $100k/year deal. Does Learfield only own radio and content rights, or do they own the entire sports property of the Griz? The Cat and EWU games should get at least an ESPN2 national coverage? I bet the Big Sky Conference won't even seek a greater opportunity for the potential for greater exposure?

Might be sans Sac, Davis and Poly......https://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2020/09/california-public-colleges-to-be-online-in-spring-2021.html

My thoughts is that nothing will be different and Root will have the same coverage in the Spring that you would have seen in the fall. And Griz fans like to think they have major pull within the conference, but the vote to play in the Spring shows that is not true.

Back