• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2021 Griz Football 19 Signed: (3) 2021 Offers

kemajic said:
grizfan1984 said:
I thought for sure Ncaa said that they will let us expand our rosters and be able to have our full recruiting class. We must be the only team in the Big Sky where we think everyone will come back because all the other schools are our recruiting full force I believe msu is up to 12 or 13 commits and a Eastern about the same
You have to have the money to expand the schollies beyond 63 and with no revenue this year, I doubt we have it. It is a large campaign to maintain our existing level of schollie commitment.

Yeah 84’ I think you’re missing the point on this. Eastern with their money problems likely won’t go above 63 so they’ll probably have departures. Hauck is very confident on most of the senior class coming back for Fall ‘21. I have heard multiple times from different ppl in that program plus I think he’ll use the portal a fair share. I don’t think this class gets any bigger than 12-15 if I had to make an educated guess.

So if most FCS schools can't afford extra scholarships and many seniors will return....seems that leaves fewer than normal scholarships for current HS seniors to be offered. Those offered might want to hurry up an commit before their offers disappear.

Ursus1 said:
So if most FCS schools can't afford extra scholarships and many seniors will return....seems that leaves fewer than normal scholarships for current HS seniors to be offered. Those offered might want to hurry up an commit before their offers disappear.

I think you will see an increase in grey shirt situations to spread any impact out over 2 recruiting cycles.

I really recommend listening to the the Grizzly Coaches’ Show. On 9/16/20, Hauck again explains the situation with recruiting and how with a majority of the seniors coming back what that means for this class.

dayday said:
I really recommend listening to the the Grizzly Coaches’ Show. On 9/16/20, Hauck again explains the situation with recruiting and how with a majority of the seniors coming back what that means for this class.

Does someone have a link to the grizzly coaches show September 16, 2020?

mtboy7 said:
dayday said:

Does someone have a link to the grizzly coaches show September 16, 2020?

https://art19.com/shows/inside-the-den/episodes/8b573e10-6542-4116-a432-6e15a36e7f38

Another commit, this time a decorated Montana kicker:

https://twitter.com/CamdenCapser/status/1308799051136036871

You know you're a good kicker when you get a scholarship offer. He's got a video on his twitter feed of him successfully kicking a 65 yard field goal. The kid is the reald deal.

Marcus Evans and Zac Crews, both class of 2022, get offers this week which is interesting since this is the earliest I have ever seen offers made to members of the next recruiting class. This appears to represent a big shift in UM's recruiting tactics and a much more aggressive approach going after targets early. I like it!

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/MarcusEvans37/status/1308812690794577920 Another 2022 offer.

Best defensive player on dominant AA defense. Plays LB, wears a maroon #37. Helena High head coach, Scott Evans, son.

Didn’t realize how loaded the class if 2022 was for Montana until really getting into High school football this year. I expect a few more offers soon

go96griz said:
Marcus Evans and Zac Crews, both class of 2022, get offers this week which is interesting since this is the earliest I have ever seen offers made to members of the next recruiting class. This appears to represent a big shift in UM's recruiting tactics and a much more aggressive approach going after targets early. I like it!

Add another 2020 Montanan, Tyson Rostad, to the list of early offers. It's exciting to see UM pull the trigger so early and get a leg up on the competition.

HookedonGriz said:
Love these early offers to some of the best MT has to offer!

Love it also, definitely a few more kids I hope we get offers out to in the next few days 2022 is loaded with talent

Back