• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2021 Griz Football 19 Signed: (3) 2021 Offers

I have no clue what the hell is going on in recruiting with us, we haven’t offered at guy since May at least, seems like we have just given it up at this point, All the other Big Sky schools seem to keep offering and offering while we do nothing, all the commits who have had an offer from both Montana schools have all said that msu has reached out more and they felt more at home. 2021 should be a huge class as we have quite a few guys graduating.

grizfan1984 said:
I have no clue what the hell is going on in recruiting with us, we haven’t offered at guy since May at least, seems like we have just given it up at this point, All the other Big Sky schools seem to keep offering and offering while we do nothing, all the commits who have had an offer from both Montana schools have all said that msu has reached out more and they felt more at home. 2021 should be a huge class as we have quite a few guys graduating.

I feel like our offer list can be thinned down to the players with “official offers“. The coaches seem to be leading the race for Liam Brown against Idaho. Tuna Altahir is sitting on 3 other big sky official offers(msu, ewu, sac). Nicholas Williams has an official from soDak. We are currently Camden Casper, Nyasanu Greene, and Ben McGourin’s only d1 official offers. Rex Connors getting attention from Boise.
(Info from Twitter)

I’d think the coaches are going to actively pursue the kids with officials and use the 2021 high school season to pick out some guys who have break out years.

Just my thoughts, I know nothing about recruiting.

Jeston Webkowski announced on twitter that announcement coming at 3pm I think we have a good opportunity to land him he is the only player that still has the UM offer pinned

Webkowski commited to Eastern New Mexico. Wtf is going on in the recruiting trail where a guy picks Eastern New Mexico over us.

grizfan1984 said:
Webkowski commited to Eastern New Mexico. Wtf is going on in the recruiting trail where a guy picks Eastern New Mexico over us.
I think what you’re starting to see 84 is that the coaches may be getting a count on how many seniors are planning on coming back next year and cutting down on this recruiting class because of how many kids are planning to come back. He may have gotten the offer before all of this happened and may have lost his offer now because of the numbers. Just a thought.

grizfan1984 said:

I hear ya, '84. That would be messed up on it's face.

However what I have heard is that we are on a higher sought after RB with a good chance to land him. So I feel that is why
Webkowski took the Eastern New Mexico offer.

IntuitiveGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:

However what I have heard is that we are on a higher sought after RB with a good chance to land him. So I feel that is why

Only other RB we’ve offered is Tuna who looks good don’t get me wrong but his highlights are not nearly as strong as Webkowskis in my opinion jeston being a speed back and tuna a power back jeston seems like he would fit our offense better.

grizfan1984 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Only other RB we’ve offered is Tuna who looks good don’t get me wrong but his highlights are not nearly as strong as Webkowskis in my opinion jeston being a speed back and tuna a power back jeston seems like he would fit our offense better.
There has never been a problem fitting backs like Green and Hilliard to our offense.

grizfan1984 said:
FBS aspirations maybe; put up good numbers at ENMU and transfer? might have a soft promise from a D1 program :twocents:

https://mobile.twitter.com/baileymeek23/status/1303834654286344192/photo/1 Didn’t make his top 3 this list is slowly slimming down better start offering some more kids

I don’t think anyone can be too critical on recruiting. Not a normal year. The numbers are all out of whack with this extra year of eligibility. Plus have to consider just because there is an extra year and more roster space doesn’t necessarily mean there is magically more scholarship money so this is a case of figuring out what senior will come back or they want back. I don’t think the answer is automatically the coaches need to start offer more or different kids.

It’s going to be a weird cycle.

dayday said:
I don’t think anyone can be too critical on recruiting. Not a normal year. The numbers are all out of whack with this extra year of eligibility. Plus have to consider just because there is an extra year and more roster space doesn’t necessarily mean there is magically more scholarship money so this is a case of figuring out what senior will come back or they want back. I don’t think the answer is automatically the coaches need to start offer more or different kids.

Agree. Hauck just said in an interview that he has talked to coaches from around the country who are expecting 20+ seniors or kids to move on because of the strange year. However he said for the most part in conversation with all the Griz players, they are all pretty much sticking around. That would be fantastic.

HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:

Agree. Hauck just said in an interview that he has talked to coaches from around the country who are expecting 20+ seniors or kids to move on because of the strange year. However he said for the most part in conversation with all the Griz players, they are all pretty much sticking around. That would be fantastic.

Exactly I thought Coach Hauck’s comments shed a lot of light on recruiting that essentially this is going to maybe be a lighter class because eventually it will even out in a year to 63 full and 85 scholarship players.

Quick question, but do Seniors only receive a clock extension, or is everyone's eligibility essentially frozen for one season?

I thought for sure Ncaa said that they will let us expand our rosters and be able to have our full recruiting class. We must be the only team in the Big Sky where we think everyone will come back because all the other schools are our recruiting full force I believe msu is up to 12 or 13 commits and a Eastern about the same

grizfan1984 said:
I thought for sure Ncaa said that they will let us expand our rosters and be able to have our full recruiting class. We must be the only team in the Big Sky where we think everyone will come back because all the other schools are our recruiting full force I believe msu is up to 12 or 13 commits and a Eastern about the same
You have to have the money to expand the schollies beyond 63 and with no revenue this year, I doubt we have it. It is a large campaign to maintain our existing level of schollie commitment.

Paytonlives said:
Also the NCAA has moved the "Dead Period" back to Jan 1 of 2021"!!! WTH

That impact the early signing period I’m sure. I suppose it makes some sense. Coaches that don’t have games would have a big advantage but that is going to make for a wild January.

Back