• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dante Olson—Eagles Depth Chart

"Perhaps the bigger surprise — not a total shocker — was the Eagles waiving Dante Olson, an undrafted rookie free agent out of Montana. He was the Buck Buchanan Award winner last season and Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year, plus a guy who was named a player to turn heads by Bleacher Report.

Olson registered 179 tackles, 3.5 sacks, four pass breakups and one interception last season for the Grizzlies. Unfortunately, he had a relatively quiet training camp in Philly and now he’s gone. The Eagles seem to really like their current crop of linebackers despite a lack of “household names.”

cclarkblues said:
SACCAT66 said:
WHAT!!! When did this happen!!!

Can't believe I was the first to come across it. It's not the kind of news you want to find.

Hahah I think you missed the many posts prior to this already discussing it. That’s why people were being smart asses.

HookedonGriz said:
cclarkblues said:
Can't believe I was the first to come across it. It's not the kind of news you want to find.

Hahah I think you missed the many posts prior to this already discussing it. That’s why people were being smart asses.

Missed it Hooked. Guess that speedreading course might not of been worth the money.

I sure hope he gets picked up by someone else. I just can't imagine he's not good enough to make an NFL roster.

Griz2k said:
I sure hope he gets picked up by someone else. I just can't imagine he's not good enough to make an NFL roster.

Practice Squads have been expanded, so very good chance he will at least make that somewhere. It's better than nothing.

From Philly sports writer on training camp the day before he was cut:

“LB Dante Olson: Olson has been an undrafted favorite of some fans, but I can't recall any time in which I've seen him make a tackle, pass breakup, etc.”

No news on Dante being picked up anywhere? I'm actually quite shocked he's not on a roster.

SACCAT66 said:
rocklobster said:
I saw that Dante is second on the depth chart for the Eagles at middle linebacker behind TJ Edwards! What are his chances in making the roster? Anyone?

Eagles are very thin at LB after their best on retired a week ago. Him and Singleton have a very good chance. Eagles only play two LBs at a time when on defense.

Ex-msu bobcat Singleton made the eagles 53 man roster.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-product-alex-singleton-makes-philadelphia-eagles-53-man-roster/article_ebe50805-2895-555b-b851-cf166c8f0f7f.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwjg9622_NXrAhVOaM0KHYyDC98QyM8BMAF6BAgGEAY&usg=AOvVaw3uwpgQye0IluA7QUu3Spc9&ampcf=1

Griz2k said:
No news on Dante being picked up anywhere? I'm actually quite shocked he's not on a roster.

Why? He was an undrafted free agent. No chance to prove himself on tape, and some team is going to give him a roster spot?

No linebackers signed to Eagles practice squad. And Josh McGown, 41 year old QB. Oldest practice squad player ever.

PlayerRep said:
No linebackers signed to Eagles practice squad. And Josh McGown, 41 year old QB. Oldest practice squad player ever.

That McCown deal was awesome too! Guy is making $12,000 a week and gets to still live in Texas and basically just be available in emergencies! Small fries considering he's made over 50 mill in his career but man, almost $50,000 a month to hang out is incredible.

Sterk:

"The Bengals announced his departure and also announced that offensive lineman O'Shea Dugas and defensive end Bryce Sterk are hitting the waiver wire.

Sterk was undrafted this year and landed with the Bengals as a waiver claim from the Dolphins last month (Aug. 14)"

3 DE's were signed to the Bengals practice squad.

Nope just Pointing out the obvious, .. sterk has no connection to this thread what so ever, but you feel the need to reference him.why?

Can't believe nobody else sees this... C'mon people!!!

braves84 said:
Nope just Pointing out the obvious, .. sterk has no connection to this thread what so ever, but you feel the need to reference him.why?

Same fate as Olson. That is a connection in spite of striking your nerve.

kemajic said:
braves84 said:

Same fate as Olson. That is a connection in spite of striking your nerve.
Not a chance.

If that's the case why not mention any of these players: case cookus northern arizona, Travis Jonsen montana state or charlie taumoepeau portland state all udfa who all got cut, and didn't make a practice squad.

All of them former big sky conference players.lots of players in the similar situation from all colleges

You can't be that naive, not to see the narrative, or can you?

Back