• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

P5 Cancellation Inevitable?

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Your last para is wrong and devoid of facts. Letter volume is down 15 or 20% in last quarter and you think the PO can"t handle 150 million mailed ballots over several weeks? They handle 472 million pieces a day.

I voted for Hillary and plan to vote for Biden. I can't stand Trump.
It should be more about policy and track record than a popularity contest. As an Alabama fan once told me after I had said that Saban was a dickhead, "Yeah, but he's our dickhead."

I don’t believe Player will vote for Biden.

Spanky2 said:
kemajic said:
It should be more about policy and track record than a popularity contest. As an Alabama fan once told me after I had said that Saban was a dickhead, "Yeah, but he's our dickhead."

I don’t believe Player will vote for Biden.

I would never vote for Trump. Who else his there to vote for? Same in 2016. That's why I held my nose and voted for Hillary. Same this year.

I don't believe you are concerned about the Covid either.

MikeyGriz said:
Another thread derailed by political BS. Explain to me again what Trump and the USPS have to do with the P5 season cancellation being inevitable? Or FCS football? Or Griz football?

Explain to us why you make so many of these posts. You provide little or nothing to the board. The Big Sky football season for the fall, as well as most other conferences and all of most of FCS.

What in Griz Football or FCS would you like to talk about? Is there any Griz Football or FCS news that anyone is missing now? If so, let us know.

What does P5 Football have to do with Griz and FCS football, especially when none of the P5 will be playing an FCS school this year? Explain that to us. Seems funny that in a thread that may not fit the section topic criteria, and when the thread has run its course, that you would complain that the thread got derailed. That is actually really funny.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
Your last para is wrong and devoid of facts. Letter volume is down 15 or 20% in last quarter and you think the PO can"t handle 150 million mailed ballots over several weeks? They handle 472 million pieces a day.

I voted for Hillary and plan to vote for Biden. I can't stand Trump.

I don't disagree with you, but I have such a huge dislike of Trump and think he's an awful person, that I can't vote for him. I don't like Biden either, but I don't hate him as a person. I am fine with many of the Trump administration's results and policies, moreso than the current Dems. Sub in most any other Repub, and I would vote for the Repub at this point in time.

And none of this is a popularity contest, to me.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Obviously -- with Covid -- this is not one of the "some years". I don't think that should come as a surprise to anyone. That said, the accounting practice -- which is not implemented by any other government agency -- makes zero sense, neglecting for a moment the odd philosophy that a government "service" is supposed to be profitable.

The increase in revenue from shipping and packages essentially offset the revenue loss from less letters and regular mail.

"The Postal Service prepares its financial reports in accordance with GAAP promulgated by the FASB. GAAP requires the Postal Service to account for retirement, health, and life insurance benefit programs under multi-employer accounting rules, and expense is recognized for each period's legally required contribution.Nov 19, 2019."

Give us a link for an article on the accounting practice not implemented by other government agencies.

Seriously? Are you unable to do even the most basic research?? Like by typing in google.com??? There are literally HUNDREDS of articles which show that the mandate isn't required for any other public or private institution. Here's one from the usps itself:

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/financials/annual-reports/fy2010/ar2010_4_002.htm

Unlike any other public or private entity, under a 2006 law, the U.S. Postal Service must pre-fund retiree health benefits. We must pay today for benefits that will not be paid out until some future date. Other federal agencies and most private sector companies use a “pay-as-you-go” system

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
The increase in revenue from shipping and packages essentially offset the revenue loss from less letters and regular mail.

"The Postal Service prepares its financial reports in accordance with GAAP promulgated by the FASB. GAAP requires the Postal Service to account for retirement, health, and life insurance benefit programs under multi-employer accounting rules, and expense is recognized for each period's legally required contribution.Nov 19, 2019."

Give us a link for an article on the accounting practice not implemented by other government agencies.

Seriously? Are you unable to do even the most basic research?? Like by typing in google.com??? There are literally HUNDREDS of articles which show that the mandate isn't required for any other public or private institution. Here's one from the usps itself:

https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/financials/annual-reports/fy2010/ar2010_4_002.htm

Unlike any other public or private entity, under a 2006 law, the U.S. Postal Service must pre-fund retiree health benefits. We must pay today for benefits that will not be paid out until some future date. Other federal agencies and most private sector companies use a “pay-as-you-go” system

Did you not even bother to open this link I posted yesterday? Jeez, pay attention before you make stupid posts.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/15/afl-cio/widespread-facebook-post-blames-2006-law-us-postal/

I...yeah, I don't understand. The link you provided is simply one of the hundreds that discuss the fact that the usps is mandated to prefund retiree health care while literally no other government agency does. Which is has been literally my only point on this thread.

Sooooo, why did you ask me to provide such a link again?

EverettGriz said:
I...yeah, I don't understand. The link you provided is simply one of the hundreds that discuss the fact that the usps is mandated to prefund retiree health care while literally no other government agency does. Which is has been literally my only point on this thread.

Sooooo, why did you ask me to provide such a link again?

I asked you to provide a link, as I went off to do something. Then, later, I got time and found some articles. Posted a good one.

You didn't bother to read the post or the linked article. Got caught with you pants down.

I don't like people who keep asserting things without providing some support. To me, it shows laziness. If a point is so prevalent, why not spend 15 seconds providing a link for the board to see and to support your view.

Yukon said:
alabamagrizzly said:
And how many of those had no underlying conditions or weren’t over the age of 70? Honest question, not being facetious.

Not sure where you're getting the numbers from but they're not accurate: here's some statistical data that would refute your contention. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e1.htm It is somewhat dated since we have over 1000 deaths a day. But your suggestion that people that are over 70 or have underlying conditions "are good to go" is reprehensible.

grizpaws said:
Yukon said:

Not sure where you're getting the numbers from but they're not accurate: here's some statistical data that would refute your contention. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e1.htm It is somewhat dated since we have over 1000 deaths a day. But your suggestion that people that are over 70 or have underlying conditions "are good to go" is reprehensible.

I didn't suggest anything. But, don't worry, this all ends Nov. 3rd.

Yukon said:
grizpaws said:

Doubt that; that's when coup 2.0 against President Trump begins. Just like coup 1.0 in 2016.

kemajic said:
Yukon said:
Doubt that; that's when coup 2.0 against President Trump begins. Just like coup 1.0 in 2016.
That's true. Something about aliens this time?

Parth Upadhyaya
@pupadhyaya_
BREAKING: #PennState's director of athletic medicine, Wayne Sebastianelli, says that cardiac MRI scans revealed that roughly 30-35 percent of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appeared to have myocarditis.

grizindabox said:
Parth Upadhyaya
@pupadhyaya_
BREAKING: #PennState's director of athletic medicine, Wayne Sebastianelli, says that cardiac MRI scans revealed that roughly 30-35 percent of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appeared to have myocarditis.

Interesting. I doubt that is accurate.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:
Parth Upadhyaya
@pupadhyaya_

Interesting. I doubt that is accurate.

Why do you doubt it?

I wonder how many athletes had the virus? I just ask because only a couple weeks ago it was reported that at least 5 athletes had it. Still not great obviously but just curious how these two relate to one another?

grizindabox said:
Parth Upadhyaya
@pupadhyaya_

If this is true...the Acc, Sec, and Big 12 are going to have to rethink their strategy this fall

Back