• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2021 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
To piggyback on my previous statement, I just listened to a Tootell and Nuanez episode discussing the in-state recruiting battle. They stated pretty much what I said here, that there are probably 6 blue-chip MT recruits.....Eiden, Daily, Detrick, Klucewich, Rollins, and Bergen. The Cats and Griz each have 2 of these guys committed. Rollins has a good chance to go FBS but could end up with the Cats as his brother went there and family ties. Bergen could go either way I suppose, I’m not sure. If a team lands both or either of them, then they have the advantage.

Totally agree with you HookedonGriz, as usual.

I'm going to throw in TE Jake Olson as well at lucky number 7. I am a little biased of course... But one doesn't have the #1 offense in the state, with 2 +1,000 yard rushers without a good TE. They don't keep blocking stats.

Developmentally speaking in college, I feel Olson's ceiling , with his height and athletiism, is very high. Much like everyone has anticipated Curry to become.

Yep both schools see something in him too. I watched him play in the state chipper and was very impressed. And I know his old man pretty well too. I figured he’s be a Griz like Bob but that full offer from Cats may do enough to persuade him differently. Would like to see the Griz match I if they can.

HookedonGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Totally agree with you HookedonGriz, as usual.

I'm going to throw in TE Jake Olson as well at lucky number 7. I am a little biased of course... But one doesn't have the #1 offense in the state, with 2 +1,000 yard rushers without a good TE. They don't keep blocking stats.

Developmentally speaking in college, I feel Olson's ceiling , with his height and athletiism, is very high. Much like everyone has anticipated Curry to become.

Yep both schools see something in him too. I watched him play in the state chipper and was very impressed. And I know his old man pretty well too. I figured he’s be a Griz like Bob but that full offer from Cats may do enough to persuade him differently. Would like to see the Griz match I if they can.

You guys are some years younger than me, I know who you are. (I am IntuitiveGriz after all 👍😎). Jake's mother, Amy, is a riot.

I am with you, I hope the Griz ante up the full ride offer. But Bobby is notorious for offering less than that to a lot of the top Montana talent and daring them to come and prove they deserve more... Just like Colter Nuanez said very recently on his ESPN show.

IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

You guys are some years younger than me, I know who you are. (I am IntuitiveGriz after all 👍😎). Jake's mother, Amy, is a riot.

I am with you, I hope the Griz ante up the full ride offer. But Bobby is notorious for offering less than that to a lot of the top Montana talent and daring them to come and prove they deserve more... Just like Colter Nuanez said very recently on his ESPN show.

You are intuitive! ;)

I agree with you. I still hope Jake ends up in maroon as well!

HookedonGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

You are intuitive! ;)

I agree with you. I still hope Jake ends up in maroon as well!

I agree with you on Olson being a Griz, buddy. In fact I will lose my shit if he is not. 😳 :shock: :lol:

Get that guy an offer. Would love to see more of these on that field with him in maroon. https://twitter.com/swxmontana/status/1315461112981188608?s=21

Griztrain said:
Get that guy an offer. Would love to see more of these on that field with him in maroon. https://twitter.com/swxmontana/status/1315461112981188608?s=21

Camden is very athletic and runs well. I haven't seen him throw the ball yet in a game but have heard mixed results. Sentinel lists him at 6'1" on their roster. I've been around him a few times and I would say that is extremely generous unless he has grown a lot this past year. You can tell he lifts weights, but he is a very lean kid. Has anybody seen him in person? Does he have the size to play Division I? How is his arm?

go96griz said:
Griztrain said:

Camden is very athletic and runs well. I haven't seen him throw the ball yet in a game but have heard mixed results. Sentinel lists him at 6'1" on their roster. I've been around him a few times and I would say that is extremely generous unless he has grown a lot this past year. You can tell he lifts weights, but he is a very lean kid. Has anybody seen him in person? Does he have the size to play Division I? How is his arm?

I saw one 50 yard pass to Klucewich earlier in the year....looked like he threw a pretty nice ball. That’s some real limited info tho. :lol:

This is Vim's List with all the players that have not committed or signed yet as of 11/14/21

Players I consider that are full ride scholarship in 2021
Dylan Rollins of Missoula Sentinel (kitten legacy) - 6'5", 250 lbs. - OT (Griz Offer)
Junior Bergen of Billings Senior - 5'10", 150 lbs. - WR/CB (Griz Offer)

Players I consider "partial scholarship" in 2021 (no specific order):
JaQuawhann Booth of Billings Central - 5'10", 300 lbs. - DT
Tel Arthur of Frenchtown - 6'0", 215 lbs. - MLB
Jack Waddell of Laurel - 5'11", 150 lbs. - WR/CB
Soren Syvrud of Missoula Sentinel - 5'11", 190 lbs. - OLB

Players I would prioritize as PWOs (no specific order):
Ethan DeRoche of Great Falls High - 6'0", 250 lbs. - DT
Johnnie McClusky of Billings Senior - 5'10", 160 lbs. - DB
Jackson Willems of Billings Skyview - 6'1", 200 lbs. - LB
Sloan McPherson of Savage - 6'4", 230 lbs. - TE
Colter Janacaro of Missoula Big Sky (Griz legacy) - 5'11", 195 lbs. - RB
Brock Ping of Billings Central - 5'9", 190 lbs. - RB
Tate Bowler of Belgrade - 5'10", 155 lbs. - WR
Dylan Smith of Whitehall - 6'3", 220 lbs. - DE
Kade Strutz of Big Sandy - 6'0", 215 lbs. - RB/LB
Carter Lake of Hamilton - 6'0", 225 lbs. - OL/DL
Carson Hunter of Miles City - 5'10", 170 lbs. - QB/DB
Padraig Lang of Bozeman - 6'1", 190 lbs. - S (Griz Offer)
Brady Lang of Bozeman - 6'1", 170 lbs. - S (Griz Offer)
David Patterson of Libby - 6'1", 195 lbs. - TE/LB
Tyler Little of Helena Capital - 5'11", 220 lbs. - DT
Dylan Nieskens of Glasgow - 6'2", 200 lbs. - LB
Jacksen Burckley of Billings Senior - 6'4", 200 lbs. - WR
Tanner Payton of Billings Senior - 6'0", 265 lbs. - OL/DL
Donovan South of Missoula Sentinel - 6'0", 180 lbs. - RB/S
Jace Thompson of Fort Benton - 5'8", 165 lbs. - RB
Cormac Benn of Missoula Loyola - 6'0", 180 lbs. - WR/S
Jesse Lee of Glasgow - 6'1", 200 lbs. - RB/LB
JT Allen of Kalispell Glacier - 6'2", 190 lbs. - QB
Kooper Oxarart of Malta - 6'2", 180 lbs. - S
Gabriel Delgatty of Manhattan - 6'3", 185 lbs. - WR
Michael Hupp of Dillon - 5'10", 175 lbs. - DB/RB

Paytonlives said:
This is Vim's List with all the players that have not committed or signed yet as of 11/14/21

Players I consider that are full ride scholarship in 2021
Dylan Rollins of Missoula Sentinel (kitten legacy) - 6'5", 250 lbs. - OT (Griz Offer)
Junior Bergen of Billings Senior - 5'10", 150 lbs. - WR/CB (Griz Offer)

Players I consider "partial scholarship" in 2021 (no specific order):
JaQuawhann Booth of Billings Central - 5'10", 300 lbs. - DT
Tel Arthur of Frenchtown - 6'0", 215 lbs. - MLB
Jack Waddell of Laurel - 5'11", 150 lbs. - WR/CB
Soren Syvrud of Missoula Sentinel - 5'11", 190 lbs. - OLB

Players I would prioritize as PWOs (no specific order):
Ethan DeRoche of Great Falls High - 6'0", 250 lbs. - DT
Johnnie McClusky of Billings Senior - 5'10", 160 lbs. - DB
Jackson Willems of Billings Skyview - 6'1", 200 lbs. - LB
Sloan McPherson of Savage - 6'4", 230 lbs. - TE
Colter Janacaro of Missoula Big Sky (Griz legacy) - 5'11", 195 lbs. - RB
Brock Ping of Billings Central - 5'9", 190 lbs. - RB
Tate Bowler of Belgrade - 5'10", 155 lbs. - WR
Dylan Smith of Whitehall - 6'3", 220 lbs. - DE
Kade Strutz of Big Sandy - 6'0", 215 lbs. - RB/LB
Carter Lake of Hamilton - 6'0", 225 lbs. - OL/DL
Carson Hunter of Miles City - 5'10", 170 lbs. - QB/DB
Padraig Lang of Bozeman - 6'1", 190 lbs. - S (Griz Offer)
Brady Lang of Bozeman - 6'1", 170 lbs. - S (Griz Offer)
David Patterson of Libby - 6'1", 195 lbs. - TE/LB
Tyler Little of Helena Capital - 5'11", 220 lbs. - DT
Dylan Nieskens of Glasgow - 6'2", 200 lbs. - LB
Jacksen Burckley of Billings Senior - 6'4", 200 lbs. - WR
Tanner Payton of Billings Senior - 6'0", 265 lbs. - OL/DL
Donovan South of Missoula Sentinel - 6'0", 180 lbs. - RB/S
Jace Thompson of Fort Benton - 5'8", 165 lbs. - RB
Cormac Benn of Missoula Loyola - 6'0", 180 lbs. - WR/S
Jesse Lee of Glasgow - 6'1", 200 lbs. - RB/LB
JT Allen of Kalispell Glacier - 6'2", 190 lbs. - QB
Kooper Oxarart of Malta - 6'2", 180 lbs. - S
Gabriel Delgatty of Manhattan - 6'3", 185 lbs. - WR
Michael Hupp of Dillon - 5'10", 175 lbs. - DB/RB

Jace Thompson is committed to MT Tech.

The 2021 season will wrap up this weekend with the AA, B, and 8-Man championships. Accolades will come out then its final evaluation/ranking time! Has been an interesting year but the MT kids got to play a full season (mostly) at every level and I think that's pretty frickin' cool.

VimSince03 said:
The 2021 season will wrap up this weekend with the AA, B, and 8-Man championships. Accolades will come out then its final evaluation/ranking time! Has been an interesting year but the MT kids got to play a full season (mostly) at every level and I think that's pretty frickin' cool.

Vim do you have a list of 2022 guys yet? I’d love to see one and maybe could add a few players to watch if you wouldn’t mind.

grizfan1984 said:
VimSince03 said:

Vim do you have a list of 2022 guys yet? I’d love to see one and maybe could add a few players to watch if you wouldn’t mind.

Yup started a 2022 thread on Bcat nation.

VimSince03 said:
grizfan1984 said:

Don’t have an account at BN but here is a few more guys to keep an eye on:

Bubba Bergen RB/CB Billings Senior
Tre Reed WR/ FS Missoula Big Sky
Kevin Hanenburg OL/DE Frenchtown
Louis Sanders WR/SS Missoula Big Sky
Jase Applebee ATH Bozeman High
Jaren Perkins OL/DL Bozeman High
Jaden Perkins OL/ DL Bozeman High
Ta’veus Randle WR/CB Belgrade High
Patrick Rohrback K/P Kalispell Glacier
Casey Kautzman K/P Butte High

grizfan1984 said:
VimSince03 said:

Don’t have an account at BN but here is a few more guys to keep an eye on:

Bubba Bergen RB/CB Billings Senior
Tre Reed WR/ FS Missoula Big Sky
Kevin Hanenburg OL/DE Frenchtown
Louis Sanders WR/SS Missoula Big Sky
Jase Applebee ATH Bozeman High
Jaren Perkins OL/DL Bozeman High
Jaden Perkins OL/ DL Bozeman High
Ta’veus Randle WR/CB Belgrade High
Patrick Rohrback K/P Kalispell Glacier
Casey Kautzman K/P Butte High

Added to my list. Thanks!