• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2021 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

HookedonGriz said:
Eiden just committed to Cats. Good pick up for them.

I'm ecstatic.

I said on BN I think we can thank Covid for this one. Don't think we land him if all is normal in the world this summer and coming fall.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
Eiden just committed to Cats. Good pick up for them.

I'm ecstatic.

I said on BN I think we can thank Covid for this one. Don't think we land him if all is normal in the world this summer and coming fall.

Yea I think you’re onto something. Similar to the limited number of FCS kids who got drafted, not being able to show out at summer team camps probably helped Cats here. Good player for sure.

Paytonlives said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Kenneth Eiden IV

Saw him live standing out in the 2019 State Championship in Butte, getting after the Montana Gatorade Player of the Year in Butte QB Tommy Mellott for sacks and tackles for loss. Also he stood-out on the Bozeman offense, scoring a couple BIG receiving TDs (20 and 26 yards out).

This iis a can't miss star in college.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/9707299/5ded92bc066c1d0d7c733e5c

Would be stunned if he stayed in-state. Unless he has a down senior year.

He has been to most of the Big 10 schools and several Pac-12 schools

:clap:

For those keeping score....of VIMS scholarship level players from Montana, Current score: Cats 7 Griz 2

Ursus1 said:
For those keeping score....of VIMS scholarship level players from Montana, Current score: Cats 7 Griz 2
Still a lot of good players on the board. I’m just happy we got Klucewich and Detrick. Eiden going to the cats hurts, but the crown jewel is still on the board. (Probably not going to either school though).

Eiden, who's Dad played for the Cats, has been going to Cats games since he was 5 and said the Cats were his first choice.

"I’m really excited to be a Bobcat, I want to be a Bobcat, they’re my first choice, they have everything I want," Eiden said. "I really like the coaches, I think it will be a great opportunity for me and I’m super excited to be here and I don’t see myself going anywhere else."

Although the, on the short side, pass rusher attended some big camps and toured their facilities -- the best offers he received were three from the BSC...Mt State, Montana, and Northern Arizona.

He will be a great player in the Big Sky. Glad he's not taller...

Ursus1 said:

It’s one of those years where the best players are ‘Scat legacy players....ces’t la vie....

Ursus1 said:

You can bet the farm that the 6'7" 235 TE that was a major factor (especially in blocking) in the AA State Runner-Ups finish is a top MT FCS recruit; Jake Olson. Great bloodlines, his Dad started well over 100 basketball games, at Center, for the Griz.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

You can bet the farm that the 6'7" 235 TE that was a major factor (especially in blocking) in the AA State Runner-Ups finish is a top MT FCS recruit; Jake Olson. Great bloodlines, his Dad started well over 100 basketball games, at Center, for the Griz.

Currently looks like MSU offering a full ride, UM offering a partial.

Very interesting he only had a few offers. I would have thought most the Big Sky would have been after him at least:

From the Chronicle:

Eiden received potential offers from Montana, UC Davis, Northern Arizona, University of Pennsylvania and Montana Tech.

Ursus1 said:

Meh. 4 of those 7 are kids that Vim himself said are partial scholly players. Those really do become a crap shoot. Some work out to be amazing. Others not so much. I truly feel on any given year there are only 7-8 kids tops in MT who are legitimate D1 type Griz or Cats or FBS players. Let’s see how it all shakes out with those 7-8.

wbtfg said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Currently looks like MSU offering a full ride, UM offering a partial.

Yeah, correct.

Griz were first to offer Jake Olson, which was a full tuition offer.

Cats, about a few weeks later, offered a Full Ride in early August.

Whomever lands Olson will be getting a beast/weapon, especially after 5 years in college football lifting program.

Jake Olson 53 yard TD reception in AA Championship:

https://images.app.goo.gl/CXeVZ6YLRBsg11e57

By the way, I believe Jake Olson is closer to 6'8".

His Dad is a light post at 6'10".

And Jake is a standout basketball player. Just think of him rebounding the football between the white lines when he's split out, defenders have no chance. Zip, Zich and Nada.

Plus he enjoys blocking. He'll be like another Tackle when he's an inline tight end.

Go Griz

Jake-Olson-1.jpg

Get up, Big Fella! Jake Olson

IntuitiveGriz said:
Eiden, who's Dad played for the Cats, has been going to Cats games since he was 5 and said the Cats were his first choice.

"I’m really excited to be a Bobcat, I want to be a Bobcat, they’re my first choice, they have everything I want," Eiden said. "I really like the coaches, I think it will be a great opportunity for me and I’m super excited to be here and I don’t see myself going anywhere else."

Although the, on the short side, pass rusher attended some big camps and toured their facilities -- the best offers he received were three from the BSC...Mt State, Montana, and Northern Arizona.

If he were taller, he wouldn’t be a Big Sky Conference player. He would be FBS. Has everything but the height measurable for the big schools.

go96griz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

If he were taller, he wouldn’t be a Big Sky Conference player. He would be FBS. Has everything but the height measurable for the big schools.

I whole-heartedly agree.

Eiden is thick (especially lower body) with a great motor.

Just lacks the taller frame that FBS covets and displays.

HookedonGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

Meh. 4 of those 7 are kids that Vim himself said are partial scholly players. Those really do become a crap shoot. Some work out to be amazing. Others not so much. I truly feel on any given year there are only 7-8 kids tops in MT who are legitimate D1 type Griz or Cats or FBS players. Let’s see how it all shakes out with those 7-8.

To piggyback on my previous statement, I just listened to a Tootell and Nuanez episode discussing the in-state recruiting battle. They stated pretty much what I said here, that there are probably 6 blue-chip MT recruits.....Eiden, Daily, Detrick, Klucewich, Rollins, and Bergen. The Cats and Griz each have 2 of these guys committed. Rollins has a good chance to go FBS but could end up with the Cats as his brother went there and family ties. Bergen could go either way I suppose, I’m not sure. If a team lands both or either of them, then they have the advantage.

HookedonGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

To piggyback on my previous statement, I just listened to a Tootell and Nuanez episode discussing the in-state recruiting battle. They stated pretty much what I said here, that there are probably 6 blue-chip MT recruits.....Eiden, Daily, Detrick, Klucewich, Rollins, and Bergen. The Cats and Griz each have 2 of these guys committed. Rollins has a good chance to go FBS but could end up with the Cats as his brother went there and family ties. Bergen could go either way I suppose, I’m not sure. If a team lands both or either of them, then they have the advantage.

Totally agree with you HookedonGriz, as usual.

I'm going to throw in TE Jake Olson as well at lucky number 7. I am a little biased of course... But one doesn't have the #1 offense in the state, with 2 +1,000 yard rushers without a good TE. They don't keep blocking stats.

Developmentally speaking in college, I feel Olson's ceiling , with his height and athletiism, is very high. Much like everyone has anticipated Curry to become.

Back