• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

P5 Cancellation Inevitable?

REPLYING WITH VIDEO FROM MY SITE LOL

http://sportshaveballs.com/episode-69-2020-should-college-football-play/

EverettGriz said:
Hey Raid! Paulding has been on the news a lot lately.

There's a lotta fvcking Pauldings.

Tons. The word Paulding sounds like a custard-like dessert from the medieval times. "Bring me the head of a pig and three bowls of breadcrumb Paulding! I declare prima nocta!"

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Hey Raid! Paulding has been on the news a lot lately.

There's a lotta fvcking Pauldings.

Tons. The word Paulding sounds like a custard-like dessert from the medieval times. "Bring me the head of a pig and three bowls of breadcrumb Paulding! I declare prima nocta!"

I believe it was South of Northeast Paulding, Western Division that has been all over the news, but I cannot say for sure. Because, as I've noted, there's a lotta fvcking Pauldings.

tourist said:
Spanky2 said:
We all love football, however the virus is lethal and all sports should be put on hold until a vaccine is available.

Like the 'flu vaccine' or 'HIV vaccine'? Both are also 'lethal.'
Haha, let me guess, Alex Jones is your go to guy... :)

Don't know Alex Jones or anything about him. Did a search on him. ;) He does have some 'different' beliefs. He calls a spade a spade, as he sees it. On the virus, I agree with him that this lockdown and mandatory this or that is no more than a power grab on the part of local government officials, like our goddamned gov bullock. Spanky2 seems to advocate for banning everything until a vaccine is developed. :roll: The flu reference is simply the Spanish Flu of the early 20th century is over a hundred years ago, people still die from the flu, and STILL NO VACCINE! 102 years later! Life goes on. Old, with preexisting conditions define me. I don't expect everyone to alter or end their existence to potentially save my ass, or anyone else. And, in return, I won't alter my life for them.

tourist said:
Don't know Alex Jones or anything about him. Did a search on him. ;) He does have some 'different' beliefs. He calls a spade a spade, as he sees it. On the virus, I agree with him that this lockdown and mandatory this or that is no more than a power grab on the part of local government officials, like our goddamned gov bullock. Spanky2 seems to advocate for banning everything until a vaccine is developed. :roll: The flu reference is simply the Spanish Flu of the early 20th century is over a hundred years ago, people still die from the flu, and STILL NO VACCINE! 102 years later! Life goes on. Old, with preexisting conditions define me. I don't expect everyone to alter or end their existence to potentially save my ass, or anyone else. And, in return, I won't alter my life for them.

Just a rugged individual!

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:
Dan Patrick says the Big 10 and Pac 12 will cancel their seasons on Tuesday. All but 2 (Iowa and Nebraska) Big 10 Presidents have voted to cancel.

That will be big. I wonder if SEC will step up to NFL.

They are waiting to see what NDSU does and then follow suit!

Spanky2 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Let's throw out a hypothetical. The (3) conferences begin play but only get through 5-6 games and suspend play and Spring football doesn't happen. The NCAA grants players from the Pac12 and Big10 another year of eligibility but will not do the same for the (3) conferences that started but were unable to complete.
That is possible. More like 2 games. We all love football, however the virus is lethal and all sports should be put on hold until a vaccine is available.

Unlike all of the other viruses that we already have a vaccine for and are still lethal! :eek:

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
The level of risk isn't even comparable. There are laws, like speed limits, wearing seat belts, and for driving impaired, that are intended to reduce risk along with numerous other items. For Covid, we have some mandates to wear masks and socially distance. Not sure how you can compare level of risk with differences like that. Also, I wonder what the numbers are of people 70+ that die in car accidents compared to Covid this year....

And just like COVID, if we made the auto laws even MORE draconian (cut all speed limits to 30, more stringent personal safety features, required breathalyzer installed on every vehicle, no driving after midnight, etc., etc.) we could get those deaths down even further. We could mitigate that risk down to almost zero. But Americans have settled on about 45,000 deaths a year as “acceptable” risk.

What’s the level of risk you’re willing to accept for COVID? Because right now, even if you catch it, you have a 99.4% chance of surviving.

Personally, I’ll take those odds all day long and twice on Sundays, and just get on with my life. In my truck. Doing 83 mph in a 75.

+1! Well maybe only 81 in a 75!

tourist said:

invoking a bunch of stuff that hasn't been enforced, temporarily and in order to stem the effects of a pandemic, is now a power grab? what power are they grabbing? plus, i thought states were supposed to be in charge? and sure, i won't alter (or end? pffft) my existence to save you. but you might be accidentally saved by people taking precautions, sorry about that, it can't be helped.

having said that, if your contention is that the government has not had a coherent policy and screwed the pooch with how the pandemic has been addressed, i'd agree.

argh! said:
tourist said:

invoking a bunch of stuff that hasn't been enforced, temporarily and in order to stem the effects of a pandemic, is now a power grab? what power are they grabbing? plus, i thought states were supposed to be in charge? and sure, i won't alter (or end? pffft) my existence to save you. but you might be accidentally saved by people taking precautions, sorry about that, it can't be helped.

having said that, if your contention is that the government has not had a coherent policy and screwed the pooch with how the pandemic has been addressed, i'd agree.

If you don’t see it as a power grab, then there’s no helping you.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
And just like COVID, if we made the auto laws even MORE draconian (cut all speed limits to 30, more stringent personal safety features, required breathalyzer installed on every vehicle, no driving after midnight, etc., etc.) we could get those deaths down even further. We could mitigate that risk down to almost zero. But Americans have settled on about 45,000 deaths a year as “acceptable” risk.

To be honest, if they treated driving like Covid, there would be no auto laws, just some mandates that most would ignore, complaining about infringement of their Constitutional rights, and the deaths from traffic accidents would soar.

Lol. Virtually NO ONE drives the established speed limit.
Half of drivers never use their blinkers.
Many, many people drive after having drunk alcohol.
Many people drive while exhausted, falling asleep at the wheel.
Many autos’ safety features are inoperable or Purposely disabled by the owners.
People drive with no license or suspended licenses.
People stop in the middle of a road, double park, don’t stop for crosswalks, etc., etc.

And every single one of these things increases the risk and the death count associated with driving.

so yes, America has a long history of thumbing their noses at bullshit they don’t agree with. People act like this behavior was just invented with COVID.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
To be honest, if they treated driving like Covid, there would be no auto laws, just some mandates that most would ignore, complaining about infringement of their Constitutional rights, and the deaths from traffic accidents would soar.

Lol. Virtually NO ONE drives the established speed limit.
Half of drivers never use their blinkers.
Many, many people drive after having drunk alcohol.
Many people drive while exhausted, falling asleep at the wheel.
Many autos’ safety features are inoperable or Purposely disabled by the owners.
People drive with no license or suspended licenses.
People stop in the middle of a road, double park, don’t stop for crosswalks, etc., etc.

And every single one of these things increases the risk and the death count associated with driving.

so yes, America has a long history of thumbing their noses at bullshit they don’t agree with. People act like this behavior was just invented with COVID.

The funny/sad part is that most of us have most likely already had it. Many who had symptoms probably treated it like a common cold but many never even knew because they were asymptomatic.

AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:

167,253 Americans dead.

mcg said:
AZGrizFan said:

167,253 Americans dead.

Who's fault is this? Nursing homes, governors, state health officials, Trump?

"Nursing homes have been the center of America’s coronavirus pandemic, with more than 62,000 residents and staff dying from Covid-19 at nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, about 40 percent of the country’s virus fatalities."

Mortality rates by race per 100,000, as of Aug. 4

Black 80.4
Indigenous 66.8
Pacific Islander 55.7
Latino 45.8
White 35.9
Asian 33.1

"The risk of developing dangerous symptoms increases with age, with those who are age 85 and older at the highest risk of serious symptoms. In the U.S., about 80% of deaths from the disease have been in people age 65 and older. Risks are even higher for older people when they have underlying health conditions"

"a CDC study shows that of 3,734 adults hospitalized due to COVID-19 across the United States, 91.7% had at least one reported underlying medical condition. The most commonly reported were:

hypertension
obesity
chronic metabolic disease
cardiovascular disease"

AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:

Both have been pretty well established.

PlayerRep said:
mcg said:
167,253 Americans dead.

Who's fault is this? Nursing homes, governors, state health officials, Trump?

"Nursing homes have been the center of America’s coronavirus pandemic, with more than 62,000 residents and staff dying from Covid-19 at nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, about 40 percent of the country’s virus fatalities."

Mortality rates by race per 100,000, as of Aug. 4

Black 80.4
Indigenous 66.8
Pacific Islander 55.7
Latino 45.8
White 35.9
Asian 33.1

"The risk of developing dangerous symptoms increases with age, with those who are age 85 and older at the highest risk of serious symptoms. In the U.S., about 80% of deaths from the disease have been in people age 65 and older. Risks are even higher for older people when they have underlying health conditions"

"a CDC study shows that of 3,734 adults hospitalized due to COVID-19 across the United States, 91.7% had at least one reported underlying medical condition. The most commonly reported were:

hypertension
obesity
chronic metabolic disease
cardiovascular disease"
I would think that most Americans over the age of 50 have one of the underlying medical conditions that are commonly reported.

Back