• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

P5 Cancellation Inevitable?

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz2k said:
Nothing poor here. Just refuse to live in fear like many others who just think we need to cancel everything.

Are people living in fear or are they trying to do their part?

Doing their part for what? It's okay to attend classes but you can't play football? It's okay to protest and riot but you can't go to church? The players want to play but the university leaders have apparently decided what's best for them. I want to go to a football and baseball game but others have decided that I can't. I'm just tired of people ramming the fear down my throat.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz2k said:
If you're worried about getting killed in a car crash, don't drive. If you're worried about getting syphilis, don't sleep with hookers. If you're worried about catching covid, stay the f*ck home. Either way, just let the rest of us get on with our lives!

If I can’t sleep with hookers without the fear of getting syphilis, what has this all been for? I have rights!

Just as long as you wear a mask!

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz2k said:
If you're worried about getting killed in a car crash, don't drive. If you're worried about getting syphilis, don't sleep with hookers. If you're worried about catching covid, stay the f*ck home. Either way, just let the rest of us get on with our lives!

If I can’t sleep with hookers without the fear of getting syphilis, what has this all been for? I have rights!

"My right to sleep with Hookers is goddamed guaRANnteeed in the Constitushum!! 'MERICA!!!!"

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

"My right to sleep with Hookers is goddamed guaRANnteeed in the Constitushum!! 'MERICA!!!!"

Just like playing football this fall, some things are simply worth the risk.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

"Last time I checked, this'here's a gatdamned free country."

I hope the Big12, ACC and SEC hold their ground and play. As of this morning that is their plan. Don't know what it would mean for any type of championship if a few conferences play in the fall and 2 play in the spring or not at all. But I love that they have a plan, and think they can pull it off safely. I hope they're right.

ilovethecats said:
I hope the Big12, ACC and SEC hold their ground and play. As of this morning that is their plan. Don't know what it would mean for any type of championship if a few conferences play in the fall and 2 play in the spring or not at all. But I love that they have a plan, and think they can pull it off safely. I hope they're right.

:thumb:

ilovethecats said:

Let's throw out a hypothetical. The (3) conferences begin play but only get through 5-6 games and suspend play and Spring football doesn't happen. The NCAA grants players from the Pac12 and Big10 another year of eligibility but will not do the same for the (3) conferences that started but were unable to complete.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ilovethecats said:

Let's throw out a hypothetical. The (3) conferences begin play but only get through 5-6 games and suspend play and Spring football doesn't happen. The NCAA grants players from the Pac12 and Big10 another year of eligibility but will not do the same for the (3) conferences that started but were unable to complete.
That is possible. More like 2 games. We all love football, however the virus is lethal and all sports should be put on hold until a vaccine is available.

HelenaHandBasket said:
ilovethecats said:

Certainly a worst case scenario they'll have to consider. I imagine they are looking at every scenario they can think of, both good and bad.

I saw one of the top doctors in the ACC, who happens to be an epidemiologist at Duke, says he believes they can play an entire fall season safely. He could be totally right. Or wrong. Guess we'll see.

Spanky2 said:
We all love football, however the virus is lethal and all sports should be put on hold until a vaccine is available.

Like the 'flu vaccine' or 'HIV vaccine'? Both are also 'lethal.' Still waiting for those vaccines, but we haven't put sports, or life, on hold. You could put your breathing on hold. You'll turn blue and pass out. When you wake up, hold it again...and again...and again. After all, you want to do your part, right? :roll:

tourist said:
Spanky2 said:
We all love football, however the virus is lethal and all sports should be put on hold until a vaccine is available.

Like the 'flu vaccine' or 'HIV vaccine'? Both are also 'lethal.' Still waiting for those vaccines, but we haven't put sports, or life, on hold. You could put your breathing on hold. You'll turn blue and pass out. When you wake up, hold it again...and again...and again. After all, you want to do your part, right? :roll:
Another flu guy? Most of you folks have realized by now this virus isn’t the flu.

ilovethecats said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Certainly a worst case scenario they'll have to consider. I imagine they are looking at every scenario they can think of, both good and bad.

I saw one of the top doctors in the ACC, who happens to be an epidemiologist at Duke, says he believes they can play an entire fall season safely. He could be totally right. Or wrong. Guess we'll see.
Good points Cats. Many ACC schools have excellent resources that will help. Wake Forest has a medical school and hospital.

Spanky2 said:
tourist said:
Another flu guy? Most of you folks have realized by now this virus isn’t the flu.

For younger people, the virus is much less dangerous than the flu. For older people and people with health conditions, the virus is more lethal. The virus spreads more than the flu, but less than things like measles. Hopefully, the virus vaccines will be better and more effective than the flu vaccines.

Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:

Good points Cats. Many ACC schools have excellent resources that will help. Wake Forest has a medical school and hospital.

It's going to be fascinating to watch. Inevitably players or staff will get infected. Just like they did in the NBA. Just like they did in MLB. How they go about handling that when it happens is obviously the true test. Some think that a few positive cases will shut the whole operation down. That could be the case. But I think these guys have plans in place and there is no reason to believe they won't be able to navigate positive cases. I'd like to see more of that thinking personally.

We'll watch the same type of thing unfold with schools opening back up. There will most definitely be cases. How many will be deemed "too many". Will schools shut down again? Or will they isolate the infected?

Going to be real interesting watching it all unfold.

Spanky2 said:
tourist said:

It's more like syphilis, and, for me, syphilis is the real threat.

ilovethecats said:
Spanky2 said:

It's going to be fascinating to watch. Inevitably players or staff will get infected. Just like they did in the NBA. Just like they did in MLB. How they go about handling that when it happens is obviously the true test. Some think that a few positive cases will shut the whole operation down. That could be the case. But I think these guys have plans in place and there is no reason to believe they won't be able to navigate positive cases. I'd like to see more of that thinking personally.

We'll watch the same type of thing unfold with schools opening back up. There will most definitely be cases. How many will be deemed "too many". Will schools shut down again? Or will they isolate the infected?

Can you remind me of the rule on how many cases of the flu will result in a football season being shut down?

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Can you remind me of the rule on how many cases of the flu will result in a football season being shut down?
I wish I knew!

I'd like to see all of these conferences go on and compete all throughout the fall without a hitch. Wonder what the other conferences would think then?! :lol:

Back