• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2021 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

PTGrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
Would be stunned if he stayed in-state. Unless he has a down senior year.

He has been to most of the Big 10 schools and several Pac-12 schools

No offers though, and he might be too small for P5 schools. Pretty tough for a P5 school to offer an undersized DE from MT that's not a freak athlete.

Sure hope he goes out of state though. Can't see how he isn't a Bobcat if he stays in state.

I would disagree just a little bit with you here... I agree about his size 6'2 230 is small, BUT I do think he is a freak athlete. He is as close to unstoppable on the line as anyone I have seen in a long time, and his running and catching ability out of the backfield is underrated.

SACCAT66 said:
PTGrizzly said:
No offers though, and he might be too small for P5 schools. Pretty tough for a P5 school to offer an undersized DE from MT that's not a freak athlete.

Sure hope he goes out of state though. Can't see how he isn't a Bobcat if he stays in state.

I would disagree just a little bit with you here... I agree about his size 6'2 230 is small, BUT I do think he is a freak athlete. He is as close to unstoppable on the line as anyone I have seen in a long time, and his running and catching ability out of the backfield is underrated.

He is a great athlete for that position and has that amazing first step off the line. He is a stud. The height might be the only thing that holds back P5 but no reason he can't get a G5 offer. I haven't talked about him because I just don't think he is coming our way.

he looks the part to me....How big are the linebackers in the p-5 conferences ?....the kid is not little.....he is a stud to be sure...

dayday said:
SACCAT66 said:

He is a great athlete for that position and has that amazing first step off the line. He is a stud. The height might be the only thing that holds back P5 but no reason he can't get a G5 offer. I haven't talked about him because I just don't think he is coming our way.

In my opinion, Covid-19 is the biggest obstacle for both Eiden & Rollins at the moment. This was supposed to be the summer where they would lock down P5 offers after attending camps. If those schools don't see a Montana kid in person, its going to be a long shot for them to receive a scholarship offer even if the tape is ridiculous and the grades are perfect. A PWO? Possibly. A last second offer in late January? Maybe. But I would predict if those two don't get an offer before the start of their senior seasons, they'll stay in-state.

Speaking of the Covid effect, don't be surprised this year if 75% of both the Cats and Griz recruiting classes is made up of Montana kids. Its an outlier year for the depth of talent in-state and Jeff & Bobby are well aware of the current recruiting climate nationwide. It'll be interesting to see how everything pans out come fall with official visits, state restrictions, school policies, etc.

SACCAT66 said:
PTGrizzly said:

6'0 or 6'1, if I remember correctly. It's not terrible, but it's on the shorter end of an edge player.

He is a good athlete. By P5 standards, he's not a freak athlete. Not even close. For a P5 school to take a 6'1 230 lb DE from Montana, he would need to be a real freak. That's not to say he isn't a good athlete, it's just hard for undersized edge players from MT to get recruited OOS.

I could also see where some might think he's closer to his peak than other athletes. He's had a lot of training/advantages that others haven't yet. Will the others catch up? I doubt it, but it's a thought.

grizfan1984 said:
Paytonlives said:
Jake Rendina Glacier Runningback should be on this list...

1200 yards rushing as a junior

Rendina is class of 2022.

Here is a few other ‘21 kids to keep an eye on that are not listed.
Brady Lang LB Bozeman
Jake Olson TE Butte High
JT Allen QB Kalispell Glacier
Rocco Beccari OL/DL Kalispell Glacier
Carson Bain OL/DL Bozeman
Shane Petrey S Missoula Loyola
Jacob Keim C/DT Bozeman
Nicholas Widhalm ATH Power
Brady Mounts RB/S Belgrade
Banner Centraro Butte High
Kooper Oxarart ATH Malta
Seth Norslien ATH Lewistown
Cormac Benn WR Missoula Loyola
Haiden Crews ATH Missoula Sentinel
Donovan South S Missoula Sentinel
Winslow Perry OL/DL Bozeman
Jesse Lee ATH Glasgow
Gunnar Ward ATH Joliet
Jordan Jones QB Bozeman
Carson Hunter QB Miles City
Soren Syvrud DE/LB Missoula Sentinel
Austin Wilson S Wolf Point
Jace Thompson RB Fort Benton
Chuck Braverock OL/DL Brownin
Brooks Talbot LB Bozeman
Dylan Fedyk ATH Bozeman
Gabriel Delgatty ATH Manhattan
Ryan Neil ATH Butte High
Nolan White LB Kalispell Glacier
Michael Hupp ATH Dillon
Camden Casper K Billings Central
Tyson Rostad ATH Hamilton
Aiden Lee DE Butte High

VimSince03 said:
dayday said:

In my opinion, Covid-19 is the biggest obstacle for both Eiden & Rollins at the moment. This was supposed to be the summer where they would lock down P5 offers after attending camps. If those schools don't see a Montana kid in person, its going to be a long shot for them to receive a scholarship offer even if the tape is ridiculous and the grades are perfect. A PWO? Possibly. A last second offer in late January? Maybe. But I would predict if those two don't get an offer before the start of their senior seasons, they'll stay in-state.

Rollins will get more G5/ P5 offers but you are right that no camps hurt all of the Montana kids. Rollins because of that position he’s going to get some offers I think Oregon State and Wazzu will offer before long.

PTGrizzly said:
SACCAT66 said:

6'0 or 6'1, if I remember correctly. It's not terrible, but it's on the shorter end of an edge player.

He is a good athlete. By P5 standards, he's not a freak athlete. Not even close. For a P5 school to take a 6'1 230 lb DE from Montana, he would need to be a real freak. That's not to say he isn't a good athlete, it's just hard for undersized edge players from MT to get recruited OOS.

I could also see where some might think he's closer to his peak than other athletes. He's had a lot of training/advantages that others haven't yet. Will the others catch up? I doubt it, but it's a thought.

thanks for the information ptgrizzly...I now have a better understanding... :thumb:

krammer said:
PTGrizzly said:

thanks for the information ptgrizzly...I now have a better understanding... :thumb:

It's really just my best guess. I follow a lot of recruiting, but I'm by no means any kind of expert. I just know these big schools are infatuated with measurables. Miss a lot of good players because of it. I believe Eiden will fall into that group.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Watching the Bears 85 Superbowl Shuffle on NBC right now.

Reminds me of this 86 Bulldog Shuffle:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2506877899595035&id=100008185484690&d=null&vh=i

Lots of future Griz on this varsity at the time.

Anyone catch the Butte Missle's dad? Colt had just turned 1 year old at this time.

Rollins hoping for a 4-star rating from scouts this summer. (He sounds like an extremely hard working and good kid)

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/football/how-missoula-sentinel-ol-dylan-rollins-became-the-highest-rated-football-prospect-from-montana-in/article_1459c988-0d75-5eb0-bc7b-e16fb5d6a73d.html

Paytonlives said:
These are Vims' comments
Players I consider "full-ride" in 2021 (no specific order):

Neil Daily of Billings West - 6'3", 200 lbs. - TE/OLB (Griz Offer)

Neil Daily's parents are MSU grads (dad in Chemical Engineering).

Neil did attend MSLA Sentinel for a time...

Sidney Eagle RB/LB Riley Waters deserves consideration. I know the Griz have already been in contact with him. A very solid athlete with a strong work ethic.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
Would be stunned if he stayed in-state. Unless he has a down senior year.

He has been to most of the Big 10 schools and several Pac-12 schools

Speaking of a bonafide star recruit that will be hard to keep in state is Kicker Casey Kauntzman.

I know it's light years away, but I would be flabbergasted if this MT HS class of 2022 recruit doesn't end up in the NFL.

SOPH year:

AA 1st Team All State

Montana Prep Football "AA Kicker of the Year"

64 of 70 PAT (91%)
6/8 FG (75%) Long 43

This bright kid (Mother a Dr.) has 2 more years in HS of practicing his butt off (he even has a setup in his back yard).

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CVDu4

Don't sleep on the kid from Glacier, Patrick Rohrbach. Didn't have a lot of opportunities, but certainly made the most of them. Also has 2 years left. Should be a good battle for kicking supremacy in AA between these 2 for the next couple years.

Sophmore year (2nd team all state)
38/40 PAT (95%)
5/6 FG (83%)

Has attended every Griz camp since he was a little kid. Diehard Griz fan.

Edit: I do realize this is a 2021 recruiting list and not 2022 however.

Back