• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Time to Face the Facts: There Ain’t Gonna be Fall Football

Will there be fall football in the Big Sky Conference in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • No

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PlayerRep said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Is it true that third world countries that have miserable health care systems, but where malaria (along with stockpiles of hydroxychloroquine) is present are using hydroxy as both a prophylactic and early treatment, seem to have some of the lowest infection rates, hospitalization rates, and death rates on the planet? If so, given how safe and cheap the drug is, perhaps consideration should be given to giving everyone who enters the stadium on game day a healthy dose and lets play ball?

Speaking of Hydroxychlor, see the below quote and terrific Newsweek article by the well-know Yale prof on the subject. This opinion piece is truly worth reading.

"The Key to Defeating COVID-19 Already Exists. We Need to Start Using It"

"As professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, I have authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications and currently hold senior positions on the editorial boards of several leading journals. I am usually accustomed to advocating for positions within the mainstream of medicine, so have been flummoxed to find that, in the midst of a crisis, I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines. As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly.

I am referring, of course, to the medication hydroxychloroquine. When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective, especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.

On May 27, I published an article in the American Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) entitled, "Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk COVID-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis." That article, published in the world's leading epidemiology journal, analyzed five studies, demonstrating clear-cut and significant benefits to treated patients, plus other very large studies that showed the medication safety.

Since publication of my May 27 article, seven more studies have demonstrated similar benefit. In a lengthy follow-up letter, also published by AJE, I discuss these seven studies and renew my call for the immediate early use of hydroxychloroquine in high-risk patients. These seven studies include: an additional 400 high-risk patients treated by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, with zero deaths; four studies totaling almost 500 high-risk patients treated in nursing homes and clinics across the U.S., with no deaths; a controlled trial of more than 700 high-risk patients in Brazil, with significantly reduced risk of hospitalization and two deaths among 334 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine; and another study of 398 matched patients in France, also with significantly reduced hospitalization risk. Since my letter was published, even more doctors have reported to me their completely successful use.
https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535

"Yale Epidemiology Prof Says That Hydroxychloroquine Could Save 100K Lives But It’s Been Politicized"

https://clashdaily.com/2020/07/yale-epidemiology-prof-says-that-hydroxychloroquine-could-save-100k-lives-but-its-been-politicized/

I want the pseudo doctor who advocates alien DNA, oh yeah she uses hydroxychloroquine too.

PlayerRep said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
Is it true that third world countries that have miserable health care systems, but where malaria (along with stockpiles of hydroxychloroquine) is present are using hydroxy as both a prophylactic and early treatment, seem to have some of the lowest infection rates, hospitalization rates, and death rates on the planet? If so, given how safe and cheap the drug is, perhaps consideration should be given to giving everyone who enters the stadium on game day a healthy dose and lets play ball?

Speaking of Hydroxychlor, see the below quote and terrific Newsweek article by the well-know Yale prof on the subject. This opinion piece is truly worth reading.

"The Key to Defeating COVID-19 Already Exists. We Need to Start Using It"

"As professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, I have authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications and currently hold senior positions on the editorial boards of several leading journals. I am usually accustomed to advocating for positions within the mainstream of medicine, so have been flummoxed to find that, in the midst of a crisis, I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines. As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly.

I am referring, of course, to the medication hydroxychloroquine. When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective, especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.

On May 27, I published an article in the American Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) entitled, "Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk COVID-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis." That article, published in the world's leading epidemiology journal, analyzed five studies, demonstrating clear-cut and significant benefits to treated patients, plus other very large studies that showed the medication safety.

Since publication of my May 27 article, seven more studies have demonstrated similar benefit. In a lengthy follow-up letter, also published by AJE, I discuss these seven studies and renew my call for the immediate early use of hydroxychloroquine in high-risk patients. These seven studies include: an additional 400 high-risk patients treated by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, with zero deaths; four studies totaling almost 500 high-risk patients treated in nursing homes and clinics across the U.S., with no deaths; a controlled trial of more than 700 high-risk patients in Brazil, with significantly reduced risk of hospitalization and two deaths among 334 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine; and another study of 398 matched patients in France, also with significantly reduced hospitalization risk. Since my letter was published, even more doctors have reported to me their completely successful use.
https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535

"Yale Epidemiology Prof Says That Hydroxychloroquine Could Save 100K Lives But It’s Been Politicized"

https://clashdaily.com/2020/07/yale-epidemiology-prof-says-that-hydroxychloroquine-could-save-100k-lives-but-its-been-politicized/
Eh. Yale Schmale. No chance this can be accurate. Must be another one of those fake epidemiologists. I've seen and read from a few of them. While it seems positive I've been told every time it's fake news.

Try to find a real doctor or epidemiologist PR... :coffee:

MikeyGriz said:
Spanky2 said:
There have been 54 deaths in Montana from the virus. That is the situation we are all facing and yes, even churches are challenged.

And how many Montana highway traffic fatalities this year?

105 traffic deaths in MT through July 27.

MT virus deaths up to 55 as of today.

At least 22 of the deaths are in elder care homes. 6 in Toole county, and "of those deaths 16 were people known to have been residents in senior care facilities, including 15 people who were residents of Canyon Creek Memory Care, where an outbreak detected confirmed around the beginning of July has infected 96 people, including 56 residents."

There are have a number of deaths on or associated with the reservations in Big Horn County, including associated ones in Billings, is my understanding. The number from reservations was about 8 or 9 as of a month ago.

uofmman1122 said:
ilovethecats said:
So no football. And probably no class. And probably shouldn’t live in an apartment or near people. Definitely shouldn’t go to a gas station or grocery store. No chance of eating out. Wouldn’t recommend meeting up with friends. Girlfriends out the window. Can’t have a job, too risky. Hope they’re not religious; churches far too dangerous.
Sounds like you're getting it. :thumb:

Hey, I've ALWAYS gotten it! No doubt lockdowns and closures work. Hell, I'd close down schools for two years just to be safe. Kids will be fine! Shut down all businesses and restaurants again for sure. And especially bars, they are the most dangerous. Don't worry about the economy, it will be fine. Hopefully they just keep sending people money for a couple more years. No way that will lead to anything bad.

And masks. MASKS! I don't know how long we'll be asked to wear them, but whatever it is....it's not enough. Obviously if every person wore them every day for the rest of their lives that'd be ideal. I don't know if that's realistic though. But I do think we should wear them for at least 5 years just to be safe.

I'd put a 3-5 year ban on all sports, music and any form of entertainment too. Just to be safe. Did you know that over 50 people have died in Montana from this virus in the last 5 months?! Is that really something we can tolerate. If I'm not mistaken it's the leading cause of death in the state since March. It HAS to be right?!

Let's lock it down! Be safe!

I wonder if Herman Cain's family wishes he had taken the risks more seriously and worn a mask and socially distanced at the OK rally.

EverettGriz said:
I wonder if Herman Cain's family wishes he had taken the risks more seriously and worn a mask and socially distanced at the OK rally.

Probably. They also probably wished he wasn't 74 and had to undergo two years of chemo for stage 4 colon cancer that ravaged his body. He was very high risk. Probably should have avoided the rally all together but too late now.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

Probably. They also probably wished he wasn't 74 and had to undergo two years of chemo for stage 4 colon cancer that ravaged his body. He was very high risk. Probably should have avoided the rally all together but too late now.
How many people die of the virus in the US cats before you are serious about it? 200,000? 500,000?

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

This guy didn't have to wish he was younger and didn't have any pre-existing disease:

A San Antonio doctor said one of her hospital's patients, a 30-year-old man, died after attending a so-called "COVID party" -- a bizarre trend where young people intentionally get together with someone who's infected.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children's Hospital, said the patient thought the coronavirus pandemic was a hoax.

"He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn't get affected ... One of the things that was heart-wrenching that he said to his nurse was, 'I think I made a mistake,'" she said.

Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:
How many people die of the virus in the US cats before you are serious about it? 200,000? 500,000?

Spanky you've asked me this before. I never said I don't take it seriously. But I'm not going to freak out about it like some are doing. People actually used the fact that 54 Montanans have died from it so far as a reason why it's so dangerous. Does that mean I don't care about those 54 lives? Nope, that sucks. Do you know how many people have died on our roads so far this year? Double that. Are you taking car accidents "seriously"? What are you doing to help prevent these deaths?

I will concede if we get to 500,000 deaths I'll be very surprised. What is our population these days? 330 million or so? I'm not a math guy but what does that break down to? Less than .20%? So no, I usually don't get up in arms about stuff like that. Doesn't mean I don't care about people dying. People die. It sucks.

TrueGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

This guy didn't have to wish he was younger and didn't have any pre-existing disease:

A San Antonio doctor said one of her hospital's patients, a 30-year-old man, died after attending a so-called "COVID party" -- a bizarre trend where young people intentionally get together with someone who's infected.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children's Hospital, said the patient thought the coronavirus pandemic was a hoax.

"He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn't get affected ... One of the things that was heart-wrenching that he said to his nurse was, 'I think I made a mistake,'" she said.

Hold up. Wait a cotton picking minute. You mean to tell me there are OUTLIERS? :roll: :roll:

Well hell. We should formulate all our policies/precautions so that THIS never happens EVER.

ilovethecats said:
Spanky2 said:

Spanky you've asked me this before. I never said I don't take it seriously. But I'm not going to freak out about it like some are doing. People actually used the fact that 54 Montanans have died from it so far as a reason why it's so dangerous. Does that mean I don't care about those 54 lives? Nope, that sucks. Do you know how many people have died on our roads so far this year? Double that. Are you taking car accidents "seriously"? What are you doing to help prevent these deaths?

I will concede if we get to 500,000 deaths I'll be very surprised. What is our population these days? 330 million or so? I'm not a math guy but what does that break down to? Less than .20%? So no, I usually don't get up in arms about stuff like that. Doesn't mean I don't care about people dying. People die. It sucks.

But people DO take driving their vehicle seriously. They (largely) obey the rules of the road, drive sensibly and take the precautions available to them by buying safe vehicles and using their seatbelt/childseats, etc.

That is NOT what's happening with Covid. I'm not suggesting you're not taking adequate and proper precautions, ILTC, but Herman Cain and tens of millions of others are NOT. And that's why we are where we are. We're not suggesting everyone needs to go into hiding. But if you're one of about 9,000 people packed elbow to elbow on a crowded Florida beach, you may as well be driving your vehicle down the freeway with the mask that should be over your damn nose and mouth covering your eyes instead.

So many people think the virus is a hoax or no worse than the flu or anything else that can end in death. Truth is, it seems to get worse almost daily.
I hope Xi isn’t about to send us another one.

Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:

How long are you willing to put up with the US economy having a record drop of 32.9% in one quarter? "Current‑dollar GDP decreased 34.3 percent, or $2.15 trillion, in the second quarter to a level of $19.41 trillion."

The economic shock in April, May and June was more than three times as sharp as the previous record — 10% in 1958 — and nearly four times the worst quarter during the Great Recession.

The unemployment rate approached 15% in April, and in June it was still higher — at 11.1% — than during any previous postwar recession.

While the drop in GDP was largely driven by a decline in consumer spending, the economic fallout was cushioned somewhat by an unprecedented level of federal relief."

[There's a balance between protecting people and ruining the economy and job market. It's not all or none. Obviously, the virus needs to be calmed down to help the economy. Hysteria and over-reaction, like in much of the media, is not the way to do this. The younger crowd needs to do its part; not stay home, just not go wild in bars, at bigger events, and at big parties where distancing is not possible. We need to strike a balance to get to the vaccines. They seem to be coming.

Also, over 40% of the deaths are in elder care facilities. At this point, keeping the economy open and playing football have little or nothing to do with deaths in elder homes. Many are still closed to visitors. Workers had better be, being careful when they are outside of work.]

TrueGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

Nope. That's a sad deal. Unfortunately he's part of that 1.7% in that age bracket that will die from Covid.

Though to be safe, I probably wouldn't attend any Covid parties. Those don't seem like a good idea?

The opportunity to control this situation was lost when they made it about politics and not safety. You can’t expect much different than this until they can meet on common ground. When they say this is all republicans fault or democrats fault, they’re not wrong. Both sides are equally guilty of shittiness.

Spanky2 said:
So many people think the virus is a hoax or no worse than the flu or anything else that can end in death. Truth is, it seems to get worse almost daily.
I hope Xi isn’t about to send us another one.

The reason people feel that way is because the government and the media have lied to them about nearly everything for several decades.

EverettGriz said:
ilovethecats said:

But people DO take driving their vehicle seriously. They (largely) obey the rules of the road, drive sensibly and take the precautions available to them by buying safe vehicles and using their seatbelt/childseats, etc.

That is NOT what's happening with Covid. I'm not suggesting you're not taking adequate and proper precautions, ILTC, but Herman Cain and tens of millions of others are NOT. And that's why we are where we are. We're not suggesting everyone needs to go into hiding. But if you're one of about 9,000 people packed elbow to elbow on a crowded Florida beach, you may as well be driving your vehicle down the freeway with the mask that should be over your damn nose and mouth covering your eyes instead.

I don't necessarily disagree EG. People are acting like idiots for sure. I was speaking to the deaths part of it. It seems more than fair to me that when a person is using the deaths as a barometer for how scary the virus is like Spanky did, people can counter that fact with how many people die from other reasons. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to do that. It doesn't mean we're not taking anything seriously, that we're happy people are dying, that we're downplaying the virus. All it means is if you're going to be spouting off about how many people have died from the virus, (almost all old and sick), I will spout off about people dying of cancer, heart disease, suicide and car accidents.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

I don't necessarily disagree EG. People are acting like idiots for sure. I was speaking to the deaths part of it. It seems more than fair to me that when a person is using the deaths as a barometer for how scary the virus is like Spanky did, people can counter that fact with how many people die from other reasons. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to do that. It doesn't mean we're not taking anything seriously, that we're happy people are dying, that we're downplaying the virus. All it means is if you're going to be spouting off about how many people have died from the virus, (almost all old and sick), I will spout off about people dying of cancer, heart disease, suicide and car accidents.

I understand the argument. It's just that the vast majority of Covid deaths were PREVENTABLE, if people would simply take reasonable actions to stem it. But as Dup said, once it became political.....

Fun fact - on July 9th Missoula passed an emergency rule requiring masks because in the last 30 days the county had added 63 cases, doubling the total number of cases to 123. I believe Missoula has very high compliance with the mask order, better than other areas in the State I have been by far.

Missoula now has 234 total cases, meaning in the 3 weeks since mask became mandatory we have added 111 cases.

From the beginning of June until July 9th we averaged less than 3 new cases per day. In the week before the mask requirement we added 24 cases or 3.4 per day. Since the mask requirement we have averaged 5.3 cases per day.

Probably doesn’t mean anything, but I have noticed the narrative on mask is evolving from it will stop the spread of the virus to “you won’t get as sick”.

Again I’m not advocating people don’t wear mask or saying they don’t work or are not somewhat effective.

ilovethecats said:
EverettGriz said:

[/
quote]
Cats, as I recall, from the very beginning you were cute, clever about the virus. Even bragged about how you and your employees continued to shake hands. The virus is a lethal potential agent of death unleashed on us by Xi. Why do you continue to compare the virus deaths to automobile deaths? It is a virus that has far surpassed deaths caused by automobiles.
A part of me likes your cavalier attitude as I’ve expressed, but probably when I remember being young and not giving a damn.

Back