• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

247 Top 14 MT High School Recruits

Paytonlives

Staff member
Just something to talk about, while we wait for Vim's Update.
247 has become the top recruiting site available.
** Griz have offered

247 Sports top 14 Montana High School Players
**1- OT Dylan Rollins 6'5" 280 Sentinel (Missoula, MT) (Rating 83)

**2- LB Kellen Detrick 6'3" 215 Havre (Havre, MT) (Rating 81) (Griz Verbal)

**3- ATH Kenneth Eiden IV 6'0" 235 Bozeman (Bozeman, MT) (Rating 80) (Kitten verbal)
**4- LB Neil Daily 6'3" 200 Billings West (Billings, MT) (Rating 80) (kitten verbal)
**5- ATH Jace Klucewich 5'10" 170 (Rating 80) (Griz Verbal)

**6- WR Junior Bergen 5'11" 165 Billings Sr (Billings, MT) (Rating 79)

**7- S Padraig Lang 6'1" 185 Bozeman (Bozeman, MT) (Rating 78)
**8- S Brady Lang 6'1" 170 Bozeman (Bozeman, MT) (Rating 78)
9- LB Tel Arthur 6'0" 218 Frenchtown (Frenchtown, MT) (Rating 78)
**10- WR T.J. Rausch 6'2" 180 Sentinel (Missoula, MT) (Rating 78) (Griz Verbal)
11- ATH Eli Aby 6'2" 185 Laurel (Laurel, MT) (Rating 78) (Kitten Verbal)
12- LB Luke Fedyk 6'1" 210 Bozeman (Bozeman, MT) (Rating 78)

13-DE Jordan Brown 6'2" 245 Bozeman (Bozeman, MT) (Rating 76)
14- QB Dayton Bay 6'0" 160 Sentinel (Missoula, MT) (Rating 76)

Being a Havre guy, I’d personally love to see Detrick in maroon and silver! I couldnt stand to see him go to NDSU, who has also offered him as well as NAU.

Going to be a fun battle to watch between Bay and Sirmon at Sentinel

Also I think it’s supposed to be John Brown not Jordan Brown from Bozeman high

krammer said:
wow !!!! ya think Bozeman was and is loaded....

Bozeman and Sentinel are both stacked this year. I sure hope they get to play and we get to watch it play out.

I'm very weary of these lists based on how they are put together. The Top 6 match what I have with the only one missing being Elijah Reynolds of Red Lodge to round out my Top 7. But that highlights the problem with these lists. They are only going to "rank" players that either go to the larger regional camps or attend larger schools in the state (AA and A). However, its the offseason and where I or 247 rank them doesn't really mean a whole hell of a lot.

- As its been fairly well known over the summer, Dylan Rollins is considered the best prospect in the state.

- As for Kellen Detrick at #2, I absolutely think its arguable. Springy athlete at 6'3", 215 lbs., fiery competitor, big hitter, and one of the best power forwards in the state in basketball.

- Its hard to find two players who have the elite athleticism and on-field production of Kenneth Eiden IV and Jace Klucewich. There are size limitation narratives for each when its comes to being a FBS Power 5 player (notice I said narratives). But that only helps the two in-state FCS schools (and it has for decades).

- Neil Daily is that long, athletic prospect offensive and defensive coaches fight over because he can be molded on either side of the ball. However, I'm not sure he's better than Elijah Reynolds at this point in time (watch the tape and draw your own conclusions).

- Junior Bergen doesn't get the hype Klucewich does but Junior is very productive on both sides of the ball (WR/DB) just like Jace.

- The Lang's may be identical twins but Padraig Lang is a little more talented than his brother Brady in my opinion. I would put Padraig as a partial kid and Brady as a PWO.

- I really like Tel Arthur's tape at MLB for Frenchtown. The kid goes all out and he fits the mold. Definitely deserving of a partial. At worst, he can be a really good H-back/fullback on offense at the FCS level.

- TJ Rausch, Eli Aby, and Luke Fedyk are all deserving of partial offers.

- I'm assuming they mean John (not Jordan) Brown of Bozeman who plays offensive guard (not DE). Anyway, I consider John to be the second best offensive lineman in the state who needs one more good year of tape to get that partial offer secured.

- As for Dayton Bay, I consider him a PWO based off what I've watched. And there is nothing wrong with that as a bunch of really good high school QBs in Montana over the past decade have only gotten PWOs out of high school. Dayton is good but not quite in that partial scholarship area in my opinion.

My thoughts on other kids who actually should be considered for this list:

- The defensive tackle trio of Mayson Phipps (Glasgow), Camren Spencer (Bozeman), and JaQuawhann Booth (Billings Central) have really been hurt by a lack of football camps this summer. They produce on tape and each can fit into any defense along the interior of a defensive line. If a season happens, wouldn't be surprised if two of these three get partial offers by season's end this fall.

- Jace Fitzgerald was out of the season after 4.5 games last year but the kid is a stud. He'll be about 6'2", 200 lbs. next year as a hybrid S/LB on Dillon's defense and there is tape of him chasing down Klucewich on jet sweeps with ease. Jace belongs on this list.

- Jack Waddell produces and makes a ton of plays at WR and CB but his size (150 lbs.) will likely keep him as a question mark as a FCS recruit. However, I would put him as a solid consolation prize if you don't get Klucewich or Bergen on your team. He's a fringe partial/PWO kid with his size being the primary factor.

- Soren Syvrud was the best player on Missoula Sentinel's defense in 2019 at OLB. He's a twitchy athlete at 5'11", 190 lbs. who could grow into a FCS LB if given time. I would roll the dice on him and he also belongs on this list.

- Kade Cutler of Flint Creek has been a known commodity since he and Jaxon Lee won the 8-man championship back in 2018. Kade had an even better junior year.

- Paul Brott is a late bloomer who is slated to have a great senior season as he's finally starting to grow into his frame. I can understand why he isn't on the 247 list because there aren't really any accolades or production to speak of. But like Connor Ryan last year (also a Billings West product), all it takes is a great senior year to cement your status among the best.

- Jake Olsen of Butte just received a full tuition (partial scholarship) from UM over the weekend. Like Brott, Olsen had no All-State accolades his junior year but is slated to have a great senior season mostly because of his size (6'7", 225 lbs). He'll play either TE or OT and along the defensive line for the Bulldogs.

VimSince03 said:
I'm very weary of these lists based on how they are put together. The Top 6 match what I have with the only one missing being Elijah Reynolds of Red Lodge to round out my Top 7. But that highlights the problem with these lists. They are only going to "rank" players that either go to the larger regional camps or attend larger schools in the state (AA and A). However, its the offseason and where I or 247 rank them doesn't really mean a whole hell of a lot.

- As its been fairly well known over the summer, Dylan Rollins is considered the best prospect in the state.

- As for Kellen Detrick at #2, I absolutely think its arguable. Springy athlete at 6'3", 215 lbs., fiery competitor, big hitter, and one of the best power forwards in the state in basketball.

- Its hard to find two players who have the elite athleticism and on-field production of Kenneth Eiden IV and Jace Klucewich. There are size limitation narratives for each when its comes to being a FBS Power 5 player (notice I said narratives). But that only helps the two in-state FCS schools (and it has for decades).

- Neil Daily is that long, athletic prospect offensive and defensive coaches fight over because he can be molded on either side of the ball. However, I'm not sure he's better than Elijah Reynolds at this point in time (watch the tape and draw your own conclusions).

- Junior Bergen doesn't get the hype Klucewich does but Junior is very productive on both sides of the ball (WR/DB) just like Jace.

- The Lang's may be identical twins but Padraig Lang is a little more talented than his brother Brady in my opinion. I would put Padraig as a partial kid and Brady as a PWO.

- I really like Tel Arthur's tape at MLB for Frenchtown. The kid goes all out and he fits the mold. Definitely deserving of a partial. At worst, he can be a really good H-back/fullback on offense at the FCS level.

- I'm assuming they mean John (not Jordan) Brown of Bozeman who plays offensive guard (not DE). Anyway, I consider John to be the second best offensive lineman in the state who needs one more good year of tape to get that partial offer secured.

- As for Dayton Bay, I consider him a PWO based off what I've watched. And there is nothing wrong with that as a bunch of really good high school QBs in Montana over the past decade have only gotten PWOs out of high school. Dayton is good but not quite in that partial scholarship area in my opinion.

- The defensive tackle trio of Mayson Phipps (Glasgow), Camren Spencer (Bozeman), and JaQuawhann Booth (Billings Central) have really been hurt by a lack of football camps this summer. They produce on tape and each can fit into any defense along the interior of a defensive line. If a season happens, wouldn't be surprised if two of these three get partial offers by season's end this fall.

- Jace Fitzgerald was out of the season after 4.5 games last year but the kid is a stud. He'll be about 6'2", 200 lbs. next year as a hybrid S/LB on Dillon's defense and there is tape of him chasing down Klucewich on jet sweeps with ease. Jace belongs on this list.

- Jack Waddell produces and makes a ton of plays at WR and CB but his size (150 lbs.) will likely keep him as a question mark as a FCS recruit. However, I would put him as a solid consolation prize if you don't get Klucewich or Bergen on your team. He's a fringe partial/PWO kid with his size being the primary factor.

- Soren Syvrud was the best player on Missoula Sentinel's defense in 2019 at OLB. He's a twitchy athlete at 5'11", 190 lbs. who could grow into a FCS LB if given time. I would roll the dice on him and he also belongs on this list.

- Kade Cutler of Flint Creek has been a known commodity since he and Jaxon Lee won the 8-man championship back in 2018. Kade had an even better junior year.

- Paul Brott is a late bloomer who is slated to have a great senior season as he's finally starting to grow into his frame. I can understand why he isn't on the 247 list because there aren't really any accolades or production to speak of. But like Connor Ryan last year (also a Billings West product), all it takes is a great senior year to cement your status among the best.

- Jake Olsen of Butte just received a full tuition (partial scholarship) from UM over the weekend. Like Brott, Olsen had no All-State accolades his junior year but is slated to have a great senior season mostly because of his size (6'7", 225 lbs). He'll play either TE or OT and along the defensive line for the Bulldogs.

Speaking of being very weary, I am certainly that with yours. First off, telling us what we already know. And secondly being totally wrong about some top athletes. You came out with your list of top MT recruits and didn't even list Griz verbal Jake Olson until grizfan1984 and I called this out. And hideously last year you listed Tommy Mellot very, very low in your top 50. You claimed he "had a lot to prove". Well all he did was have the best season (school record setter in Butte's long storied history) of anybody in the whole state by far, and won the Gatorade Player of the Year. You are clueless. Keep the anti Butte and anti Griz BS coming!
Bye Felicia.

Speaking of being very weary, I am certainly that with yours.

You can absolutely be weary of mine. As I've stated from the beginning, I'm just a fan of Montana high school football and I'm a Bobcat fan. No hard feelings here.

First off, telling us what we already know.

A lot of what we do on here is regurgitate previously known information with a spin based on our own opinions. Players get added/dropped as I learn more about them. Players get added/dropped as they perform throughout their senior year. Fans like grizfan1984 can tell me I forgot some kids or I should look at others and then I add them after giving the tape a look. I have zero problem with missing kids going into their senior years and having other fans relay that information to the board. That's a good thing for the kids getting recognition!

And secondly being totally wrong about some top athletes.

I've been wrong about top athletes every year...both future Cat and Griz players. I don't do this to be right. I do this to spark a discussion as a lot of these players (even top ones) don't get recognition from fans of the Cats or Griz prior to them signing with their respective team. So I try to inform people on both boards who I think are the top players in MT are each year. And as stated above, I don't do this alone. Everyone can chime in and they do.

You came out with your list of top MT recruits and didn't even list Griz verbal Jake Olson until grizfan1984 and I called this out.

Like Paul Brott of Billings West, Jake wasn't on my radar as there were no accolades to speak of his junior season so I commonly miss listing those players during the "initial list" phase in the spring/early summer. Once again, super happy grizfan1984 brought that to my attention so I could remember to give Jake the recognition he deserves. Paul also got added to once he committed to MSU (as I had no real clue how Paul was being recruited). Again, a good thing!

And hideously last year you listed Tommy Mellot very, very low in your top 50. You claimed he "had a lot to prove". Well all he did was have the best season (school record setter in Butte's long storied history) of anybody in the whole state by far, and won the Gatorade Player of the Year.

I listed Tommy as the 10th best player in the state going into his senior season last year. He did have a lot to prove as a QB as he struggled with consistency and production his junior season. I loved watching Tommy "prove it" each week and its fun to see all the development he showed his senior season. He has always been a great kid/student so one more box had to checked and he did it with flying colors (and he committed to my favorite college team no less).

You are clueless. Keep the anti Butte and anti Griz BS coming!

This is actually funny because I was told I was clueless by a Griz fan in a pm for not having Carson Rostad as the #1 player over Tommy at year-end. I was told Tommy was too small and not good enough at QB to make an impact at the FCS level. On the other end of the spectrum, I had to go to bat for Carson over on Bobcatnation because some Cat fans thought he was overrated and deserved to be dropped out of the final Top 5 ranking. At the end of the day, I call it like I see it and I'm perfectly fine with being called clueless on stuff like this...because its all for fun and to spark discussion. You can call it anti-Butte or anti-whatever but I could care less if the kid wants to go to UM or MSU. I believe there is plenty of prove of that over the years of me posting on both of these sites.

Bye Felicia.

a96e9996a83883d1b2f105e4ce245d00.gif

And for a follow up, what can I improve on IntuitiveGriz? What would you like to see as content in the MT high school football area throughout the year? You're as passionate as they get on the subject so I'm open to suggestions.

I could not disagree with IntuitiveGriz more about his post. Vim has been incredible at keeping an eye on instate guys.

No list is perfect and to think it could be is ridicules. Vim I doubt many agree with IntuitiveGriz comments

Thanks for all the input I for one appreciate the help!

Paytonlives said:
I could not disagree with IntuitiveGriz more about his post. Vim has been incredible at keeping an eye on instate guys.

No list is perfect and to think it could be is ridicules. Vim I doubt many agree with IntuitiveGriz comments

Thanks for all the input I for one appreciate the help!

I was thinking Vim slept with Intuitive’s mom or boyfriend or something... :lol:

IntuitiveGriz said:
VimSince03 said:

Speaking of being very weary, I am certainly that with yours. First off, telling us what we already know. And secondly being totally wrong about some top athletes. You came out with your list of top MT recruits and didn't even list Griz verbal Jake Olson until grizfan1984 and I called this out. And hideously last year you listed Tommy Mellot very, very low in your top 50. You claimed he "had a lot to prove". Well all he did was have the best season (school record setter in Butte's long storied history) of anybody in the whole state by far, and won the Gatorade Player of the Year. You are clueless. Keep the anti Butte and anti Griz BS coming!
Bye Felicia.

Ridiculous take on Vim. He takes a lot of time to look at this stuff and he has my respect as another fellow fan. Recruiting is not some exact formula. It’s a crap shoot so everyone can be wrong on here. Just kind of sounds you are a big Butte fan so much so you are sensitive about Butte players being not ranked high enough, critiqued, etc. It’s good to be proud of that stuff but no need to attack Vim.

Vim is about as impartial of a cat fan that I've seen. I appreciate all the recruiting feedback that he provides. He must spend a tremendous amount of time reviewing tape to compile his list. Thanks, Vim!

VimSince03 said:

Both the cats and Griz are very high on Jack. His immediate family are all cats. Extended family cheers for the Griz. I’m guessing he will end up as a cat or smaller school unless the Griz offer him more.

rollo_tumasi said:
I can tell you that Neil Daily drives a truck everyday that bears Griz plates...idk if that means anything??

I think his parents are um grads and he has law school ambitions. Should be a slam dunk for UM.

wbtfg said:
rollo_tumasi said:
I can tell you that Neil Daily drives a truck everyday that bears Griz plates...idk if that means anything??

I think his parents are um grads and he has law school ambitions. Should be a slam dunk for UM.

Are there two Neil Daily's? Vim's thread says his parents are MSU grads.

VimSince03 said:

You are dead on about Elijah Reynolds. He is also young for his class and his upside is huge. I subscribe to NFHS website so I look forward to hopefully watching some of these kids play (especially if crowds are limited). Your list helps a bunch. Thanks for putting in the time to put it together.

KoolMoeDee said:
wbtfg said:

Are there two Neil Daily's? Vim's thread says his parents are MSU grads.

Oops. You might be right about that. He grew up in Missoula before moving to billings (I assumed his parents were um grads). So has missoula roots. Possibly MSU roots as well...I didn’t realize that

IntuitiveGriz said:
VimSince03 said:

Bye Felicia.

How dare you speak to Kane Ioane like that.

Back