• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Msu player tests positive for COVID-19

grizfan1984

https://www.montanasports.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-state-bobcats/montana-state-bobcats-football-player-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Also states "five individuals at Montana State who have tested positive." Could be university staff or coaching staff but probably likely to be seeing more cases amongst the football players, regardless.

If there is a season......depth will be more important than ever. It is inevitable teams will lose players for a few weeks during the season.

Ursus1 said:
If there is a season......depth will be more important than ever. It is inevitable teams will lose players for a few weeks during the season.

Injuries are always a part of the season.

MikeyGriz said:
Ursus1 said:

true...but injuries are not contagious

Wow freaking cats beat us again always having to try and one up us...probably fake news tho probably just a cold or hay fever...

I bet it would take an N95 and a face-shield to keep Chokes spittle from spraying the entire team each meeting when he is in full lather mode, and that might not take care of it

Ursus1 said:
MikeyGriz said:

Nor do they result in 14-day self-quarantines for others exposed to the injured player. If a quarterback, who has been hanging out with the QB's in the QB room and at practice, tests positive, who plays QB for the next couple weeks?

PlayerRep said:
who plays QB for the next couple weeks?
This has been the question for the Bubcats since the time once forgotten, the time before time, for millennia, and at a minimum since 5 years B.C. (before covid). I do not believe Choach has started a season yet with the same opening day starting QB, and it likely will not happen this year or whenever they resume, and that has nothing to do with COVIdiots

garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
who plays QB for the next couple weeks?
This has been the question for the Bubcats since the time once forgotten, the time before time, for millennia, and at a minimum since 5 years B.C. (before covid). I do not believe Choach has started a season yet with the same opening day starting QB, and it likely will not happen this year or whenever they resume, and that has nothing to do with COVIdiots

When the QB room has failed in the past, you turn to your LB, of course. It's all part of "The Plan" from the great visionary, Choach. Some mocked and questioned why he would abuse and treat his best player so poorly. But because he was willing to drag TA figuratively (hopefully, only that) through the cesspond, TA will be more immune and better equipped to withstand the virus that Choach saw coming. Ah, the jenius! Gene-yus? Genie-us?? I don't know, ask Choach.

"Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way. Like an improv conversation....an improversation!"
giphy.webp

Unfortunately, "The Plan" got the middle finger when TA decided to redshirt...

PlayerRep said:
Ursus1 said:

Nor do they result in 14-day self-quarantines for others exposed to the injured player. If a quarterback, who has been hanging out with the QB's in the QB room and at practice, tests positive, who plays QB for the next couple weeks?

Exactly.

Sure a lot of issues. Is a huddle considered close contact? If a
starter gets it, does the entire starting lineup then quarantine if they huddle, so all teams go no huddle? O line don't social distance in games (hopefully)? Away game bus/flights? Sidelines during games?

Going to be a logistical nightmare for coaches to run film sessions, practices and deal with missing players. Going to be a season of chaos (if it happens at all...knock on wood)

Warp speed to herd immunity...
...is another way to attack this thing. Instead of teams trying to social distance or operate in zones, they ought to just have a good ole fashioned lock-in. In fact, we ought to do this on every college campus with all returning students.

Double down on protecting our most vulnerable.

Trying to protect people from getting sick is not and will not work. We should be protecting people from dying...hence the double down.

SoldierGriz said:
...is another way to attack this thing. Instead of teams trying to social distance or operate in zones, they ought to just have a good ole fashioned lock-in. In fact, we ought to do this on every college campus with all returning students.

Trying to protect people from getting sick is not and will not work. We should be protecting people from dying...hence the double down.

Yeah, assuming herd immunity is even effective (clearly the jury is still out), I'm not certain that subjecting tens of thousands of student athletes to a respiratory disease which may likely have long-term health effects on those who catch it in order for you to watch some college sports is a smart play. Brings to mind the Romans and the Colosseum.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-long-term-effects-sports-athletes-nba-bubble-11593161922

EverettGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:

Yeah, assuming herd immunity is even effective (clearly the jury is still out), I'm not certain that subjecting tens of thousands of student athletes to a respiratory disease which may likely have long-term health effects on those who catch it in order for you to watch some college sports is a smart play. Brings to mind the Romans and the Colosseum.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-long-term-effects-sports-athletes-nba-bubble-11593161922

Welp. I guess we just shut everything down then and go back to an agrarian society with no sports or human interaction, huh? Because we won’t know the “long term effects” on the literal .01% of the healthiest members of our society for decades. Seriously, if we’re worried about the long term effects of COVID on 20 year old athletes in peak physical condition, WTF are we even bothering for? The rest of us are truly fucked. :lol:

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well then how about a little by-God entertainment to get us through what little time we have left then? :lol:

I assumed that's what the murder hornets were for.

Those mofo’s were a bunch of pussies. Here and gone in like a week. :twisted: :twisted:

Anyone remember that old South Park episode where the parents arranged a sleepover for all the boys at Kenny’s house so they would catch his chickenpox? When they found out, the boys were so pissed they hired a hooker named Old Frida to sneak into their houses and use their folks’ toothbrushes and stuff to spread an STD.
ZLWO.gif

Back