• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020-2021 Lady Griz Roster is up

maroonandsilver

DONOR
The Lady Griz roster for the upcoming season is up on GoGriz,com. Both Schweyen daughters are listed as returning, as well as Kylie Frolich who had earlier listed herself on the transfer portal.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:
L'Tia Lawrence of Harlem?

She's not listed, walk-on?

Well, the roster has 15 players whom I believe are all on scholarship. All the news articles I have found was that she gave a verbal commit to join the Lady Griz, but she never signed.

But if you really want to know where she is going:

https://www.montanasports.com/frontier/montana-state-northern/2019/03/27/harlems-ltia-lawrence-signs-with-montana-state-northern/

TrueGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
She's not listed, walk-on?

Well, the roster has 15 players whom I believe are all on scholarship. All the news articles I have found was that she gave a verbal commit to join the Lady Griz, but she never signed.

But if you really want to know where she is going:

https://www.montanasports.com/frontier/montana-state-northern/2019/03/27/harlems-ltia-lawrence-signs-with-montana-state-northern/

Thx.

L'Tia Lawrence must've gotten lost in the shuffle with the coaching change and subsequent recruiting.

https://www.havredailynews.com/stor...t-ltia-lawrence-to-be-a-lady-griz/528245.html
This article says she was set to receive a scholarship from Schweyen and verbally committed to the LG (timing was right around when Frohlich entered the transfer portal). Frohlich obviously returned, which might've taken away L'Tia's scholarship or maybe Petrino just wanted to go in a different direction.

Actually, the link I posted may be out of date. I just checked again when the article stating she signed with Montana State-Northern and it was Posted at 3:58 PM, Mar 27, 2019 and last updated 3:43 PM, Feb 24, 2020. So, this article was written before she verballed to Lady Griz which she did on March 31, 2020 which is just before Shannon was fired on 04/01/2020. Guess I need to check the date of the source. Fact that there are 15 players on the roster and all on scholarship and she is not on the list appears maybe either Petrino didn't honor the verbal commitment or L'tia didn't want to come here after Shannon was fired, or maybe the roster isn't 100% updated yet.

TrueGriz said:
Actually, the link I posted may be out of date. I just checked again when the article stating she signed with Montana State-Northern and it was Posted at 3:58 PM, Mar 27, 2019 and last updated 3:43 PM, Feb 24, 2020. So, this article was written before she verballed to Lady Griz which she did on March 31, 2020 which is just before Shannon was fired on 04/01/2020. Guess I need to check the date of the source. Fact that there are 15 players on the roster and all on scholarship and she is not on the list appears maybe either Petrino didn't honor the verbal commitment or L'tia didn't want to come here after Shannon was fired, or maybe the roster isn't 100% updated yet.

My guess is the roster isn’t all the way updated, with the football roster missing quite a few guys I’m guessing it will be updated just before the season. Taber is terrible at updating these things but don’t try to question him about it or you’ll be blocked

It's always been my understanding that walk-ons must register for classes before they can be listed on a team roster.

SHOOTER!!!

That's what everyone will be shouting when this student athlete has the ball 😳:

No.14
BRIA DIXSON
YEAR Freshman
POSITION G
HEIGHT 5-7
Portland, Ore.

Prep: A 2020 graduate of Benson Polytechnic High ... Attended Franklin High as a freshman and sophomore, Benson High as a junior and senior ... Earned all-league honors all four years ... Member of Benson High’s 6A state championship team as a junior ... Led the state in scoring as a freshman (21.0/g) ... Hit 324 3-pointers in four-year prep career ... Ranked first or second in Oregon each year and in the top 50 nationally ... Connected on 10 3-pointers on Senior Night ... 2020 Benson High valedictorian.

Bria Dixson is a tough cookie and was one of the nation's top 3 point shooters.

Her coach Knox said "...may go down as the greatest shooter Oregon has ever produced."

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/j66j-2020/04/0bbef81cf62875/6a-allstate-basketball-sharpshooting-guard-fights-through-injury-tragedy-to-emerge-as-one-of-oregons-top-players.html

Back