• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Seattle-ization of Boz Angeles

Copper Griz said:
EverettGriz said:
They wouldn't own businesses there if they didn't love the city.

But I get it, you don't like Seattle's politics. I just think that's the stupidest- ass reason not to like a place, but perhaps that's just me. I don't agree with China or Russia on literally anything, but Shanghai and Moscow are two of the coolest places I've ever visited.

Seattle is a phenomenal city with a ton of culture and great food. It has some crap areas like any city and it could be deemed “liberal in its politics”. The geography around it is incredible. To classify a whole area as bad (just like California) takes stereotyping to the max. The military bases in the area aren’t even in Seattle and would be closer to Tacoma and Olympia, which have different politics. I don’t care for certain parts of New York City, Dallas, Atlanta, or L.A. There are parts of Montana that aren’t overly appealing. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water people.

“Could be” deemed liberal? :lol: :lol: :lol:

braves84 said:
Where is the elevation number of a town is higher than the town's population?
Answer= montana
I’ve been racking my brain to find the punchline here (other than you).
First, I thought you were trying to make a weed joke. Then, I thought maybe the typo was supposed to be like an IQ joke (if so, boy, did that backfire).
Hate to be the guy who needs a joke explained to him, but..... .... could you help a brother out here?

garizzalies said:
I guess what I’m asking is, other than being the butt of one, do you know what a joke actually is?

It's called a riddle, use that Montana education and open up Google.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/montana/jokes-mt/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjPhdOI5aXqAhVNCs0KHSy_C0IQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1o62OGwxYjwzXPk_zXFCDr&ampcf=1
Let me help you out.

Hold up a sec.
So you mean to tell me that you had to google “jokes about Montana” and that’s the one you picked?!?!?
BWAHAHA !!
That really is hilarious. This just keeps getting better!

Best part is, every “joke” on that list is basically a compliment and/or the Montanan isn’t even the butt of those jokes.

Like I said, do you even know how this works?

No wonder there are so many North Dakotan jokes! Good gracious they literally write themselves

The foppery from this Nordork deserves a full breakdown. The premise was how we Montanas have ND jokes engrained in us from an early age. I certainly do not need to google any.
This chub proved my point by not only showing his own ignorance but also showing Montanans in a good light. Having to google MT jokes, and picking the first—and worst—one from that list supports the premise. And to top it all off, he admits to needing google.
Can’t make this up.
Every ND joke you’ve ever heard is true

garizzalies said:
braves84 said:
I think it's time you get out of your mom's basement bedroom.
Did you need google again or did you come up with that sweet comeback all by yourself?

Nope, kept it simple to not go over your head. You up to speed yet, or have you got a borderline comeback?

The thing about most simpletons is that they rarely know they are simpletons. Forrest Gump knew toward the end, as did Rob Schneider’s character in The Waterboy. What we’re dealing with here is an unaware simpleton: the most dangerous game.

garizzalies said:
braves84 said:
Keep going, your doing all Montanans proud.😂
I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship
This is the one you should have googled. I pitched you an underhand grapefruit and it still went over your head.
You could have come back with, “we’ll always have egriz.” And I would have tipped my hat.
Or, if the tables were turned, I would have come back with, “here’s looking at you, chub.”
You still don’t get it, do you? Hurry, rush to google again.

CDAGRIZ said:
The thing about most simpletons is that they rarely know they are simpletons. Forrest Gump knew toward the end, as did Rob Schneider’s character in The Waterboy. What we’re dealing with here is an unaware simpleton: the most dangerous game.

You said that so well. :clap:

SACCAT66 said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Bozangeles is desperately wanting to be called "The New Boulder" and MOSU (Montana Out of State University" considers itself the "Stanford of the Big Sky Conference."
Only 37 percent of the citizens of Bozeman were born in Montana and that is skewed by the fact that it includes the immigrant heifers that dropped a calf after moving to the Gallatin Valley.
The young Bozangeles crowd refers to Belgrade as the ghetto. I'll bet that makes the residents of Belgrade and that area really proud of their neighbor.

1) MOSU??? 70% of the top Montana High School seniors from class of 2020 chose MSU. I know there are a lot of out of state kids as well, but that is how colleges make money. Even your president is pushing to get more out of state kids.

2) I was born and raised in Bozeman, and Belgrade has always been called that. When I was in High School kids called it "belowgrade". I really like Belgrade now, and think it is 1-2 really good restaurants short of being Great.

Princess Waded recruited heavily from out of state and now less than half the students in attendance are from Montana. Montana residents are getting ripped off because it may pad the Princess budget but those students create wear and tear on the communities, the infrastructure , the law enforcement and social services while they are here. They leave the state for high paying jobs and their earnings support the state of residence.
This can also be said of in and out of state students in architecture and engineering. Montana residents provide the facilities to educate them but they pay taxes only where they reside after graduating. It's time to limit the size of the engineering and architecture programs.

braves84 said:
garizzalies said:
Thanks. I know.
We Montanas are raised from a young age to make jokes about North Dakotans. I grew up thinking all states must have North Dakota jokes, and it turns out they do!
When I was 8, my favorite went something like this:
A Montanan, and Idahoan, and a North Dakotan we’re going on a trip to the desert. The Montanan said, “we’re going to get thirsty, so I’ll pack some water.” The Idahoan said, “we’re going to get hungry, so I’ll pack some food.” The North Dakotan said, “we’re going to get hot, so I’ll pack a car door to roll down the window.”

Here is one you for sure will understand.
Two Montanans are walking in Missoula and along the side of the road see a sheep stuck in a fence, one fellow asks the other "you know what time it is" the other replies "no,what time is it?" The first replies "it's mountain time"

you know what they call a good looking coed at NDSU? an out of state student.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
SACCAT66 said:
1) MOSU??? 70% of the top Montana High School seniors from class of 2020 chose MSU. I know there are a lot of out of state kids as well, but that is how colleges make money. Even your president is pushing to get more out of state kids.

2) I was born and raised in Bozeman, and Belgrade has always been called that. When I was in High School kids called it "belowgrade". I really like Belgrade now, and think it is 1-2 really good restaurants short of being Great.

Princess Waded recruited heavily from out of state and now less than half the students in attendance are from Montana. Montana residents are getting ripped off because it may pad the Princess budget but those students create wear and tear on the communities, the infrastructure , the law enforcement and social services while they are here. They leave the state for high paying jobs and their earnings support the state of residence.
This can also be said of in and out of state students in architecture and engineering. Montana residents provide the facilities to educate them but they pay taxes only where they reside after graduating. It's time to limit the size of the engineering and architecture programs.
...what?

SACCAT66 said:
...I mean, who even has a DVD player anymore

Don't underestimate the pure ecstacy that a good Redbox chick flick, paired with a box of White Claw, can bring a fella with the right date night partner.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
It's a nutjob that dismisses local government, taxes and their attitude toward law and order and the safety of their citizens. That's a bit more than politics, but if that branding facilitates your dismissal, knock yourself out. I would like to see data indicating a 97% approval rating for Seattle today.

I think Everett is one of the many political nut jobs in the Seattle area. Seattle is trying hard to run a lot of businesses and people out of the state. If WA wasn't a no-income tax state, more people and businesses would be gone already.

I have an Aunt and Uncle currently moving out of Seattle (Kirkland, WA) as we speak. After living there for many decades (a retiree from Texaco), they can't stand Seattle any longer. They used to love it, but say it has changed way too much (and not for the good).

Back