• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TJ Rausch commits

TJ's mother is the Lady Griz Basketball great, Ann Lake.

TJ plays WR and DB. He's being recruited as an athlete (college position unsure). TJ prefers WR.

He's obviously a lifelong Griz Fan, just the type of player we need that will give everything he has.

How many kids on the roster from Sentinel now? By far the most of any HS.
They made it to the semi’s last year, and really gave Bozeman a way better match than Butte did in the chipper. Could make it even farther this year.
We’re talking about Missoula HS football and state championships in the same sentence. Anyone else as surprised as me about that? Hasn’t it been over 20+ years since some MSLA HS team even sniffed a long playoff run?

garizzalies said:
They made it to the semi’s last year, and really gave Bozeman a way better match than Butte did in the chipper. Could make it even farther this year.
We’re talking about Missoula HS football and state championships in the same sentence. Anyone else as surprised as me about that? Hasn’t it been over 20+ years since some MSLA HS team even sniffed a long playoff run?
Longer than that

garizzalies said:

I'm pretty sure the last time Sentinel made it to the championship game is when I was still in high school (an eon ago) and we lost to CMR (of course).

Sentinel was very, very good this past year, it was good beating them in Missoula, on the road.

Bozeman was majorly amped up when they played us in Butte for the state championship. For one, because we are bitter (heated) rivals, and also because Bozeman was seeking redemption from limping home as a state runner-up to Butte in 2012. They got their revenge.

The Bozeman kids said in the paper they had chills when they came out an hour and a half before kickoff to warmup and they saw a +8,000 already jam-packed/standing room only crowd waiting for them.

Da Boyz Mom said:
garizzalies said:

I'm pretty sure the last time Sentinel made it to the championship game is when I was still in high school (an eon ago) and we lost to CMR (of course).
Sentinel lost against Billings Senior in the 2017 Semi-Finals. Prior to this, Sentinel lost to CMR in the 1984 title game, lost to Great Falls in the 1973 title game, and beat Great Falls in the 1972 title game. Last time a Missoula AA team won the state championship was 1994, when Big Sky beat Hellgate 39-13.

In Class B, Loyola made 4 state title games between 2012-2018, winning in 2012 and 2013.

Back