• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Justin Belknap Commits

mtgrizfankb

SR transfer from Arizona. Defensive End. Started as a walk on. Won the starting job. Has played consistently when not injured. Had 54 tackles. 6.5 TFL and 4.5 sacks at Arizona

GrizSpartan said:
Great news. I just hope we get the opportunity to see him play this year.

I was telling my wife today that I haven’t been this excited for a Griz season in about 10 years....really hope they actually get to play!

This kid was a 3-year starter for U of A before getting injured his RS Junior year after two games....started as a RS Frosh after walking onto the Wildcat program....

He’s a player. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This kids a baller. I haven’t been this excited for Griz football since the 09 season. Not to drag politics into this but everyone needs to wear a mask so we can please play the season.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2020/1/13/21064401/justin-belknap-arizona-wildcats-defensive-end-transfer-eligibility-ncaa-football-pac-12-sumlin

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/football/2020/6/28/21306284/justin-belknap-transfer-montana-grizzlies-fcs-2020-medical-redshirt-arizona-wildcats

This 2020 team could legitimately be the best team since 09’ with what we had coming back and the addition of all these talented transfers! It will be a real shame if they can’t suit up and play this season. But you would think that in that case all of them would be granted another year of eligibility right? I guess that kind of makes me wonder what would happen to this next years high school seniors if that were to happen. Would we have a signing class? How would that work?

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
This 2020 team could legitimately be the best team since 09’ with what we had coming back and the addition of all these talented transfers! It will be a real shame if they can’t suit up and play this season. But you would think that in that case all of them would be granted another year of eligibility right? I guess that kind of makes me wonder what would happen to this next years high school seniors if that were to happen. Would we have a signing class? How would that work?

There would have to be adjustment years to sort it out but....this group coming back ( rusty) but stronger and bigger and really healthy. That would be the team.

My guess is a lot of seniors would not come back, either moving on with life or perhaps a few trying the graduate transfer route to FBS schools.

Ursus1 said:
My guess is a lot of seniors would not come back, either moving on with life or perhaps a few trying the graduate transfer route to FBS schools.

Yeah, this is what worries me if we don't have a season.

Griz til I die said:
This kids a baller. I haven’t been this excited for Griz football since the 09 season. Not to drag politics into this but everyone needs to wear a mask so we can please play the season.

Why would wearing masks be political? Unless you are making it political....

westsider said:
Griz til I die said:

Cause some people don’t believe in wearing masks. Regardless of all the different political views on this board, the one thing we all have in common is we all love the Griz, so let’s all do our part so we can see them in the fall.

With the Arizona transfer having played in 38 Pac 12 games, and with the Oregon State (Onu) transfer having played in 30 Pac 12 games... the Griz D is going to be big and athletic.

The GRIZ are serious contenders for some hardware.

Belknap is from Henderson, NV (basically S.E. Las Vegas).

I am guessing he is familiar with Hauck from when Hauck coached at UNLV and/or even San Diego State.

Love that the Griz are recruiting LV (have HS offers out there right now). There is SO much talent in Vegas. Thier youth teams compete extremely well nationally. If UNLV could keep the cities top 10-12 players in town every year UNLV would be a top FBS program.

westsider said:
Griz til I die said:
Wearing a mask in this time of pandemic is simply common sense. No politics about it.

Back