• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Seattle-ization of Boz Angeles

BozAngelesGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
1) MOSU??? 70% of the top Montana High School seniors from class of 2020 chose MSU. I know there are a lot of out of state kids as well, but that is how colleges make money. Even your president is pushing to get more out of state kids.

2) I was born and raised in Bozeman, and Belgrade has always been called that. When I was in High School kids called it "belowgrade". I really like Belgrade now, and think it is 1-2 really good restaurants short of being Great.

As a fellow Bozeman native, you lost me right there

Just trying to be nice...

Copper Griz said:
Ironic. Many of the people bitching on the board are huge proponents for the 1st and 2nd amendments. Every other right our constitution was designed to protect. Yet, God forbid people from other states who want a better quality of life move around “within” the United States. Crazy talk. Maybe we should build a wall around Montana and keep these invaders out. Go back 50 years In time and bury our heads in the sand. WTH?

True story...
There was a fella, moved from CA to the Bitterroot about 30 years ago, some acreage. He built himself a gun range on his land, and let his neighbors know about it. No late night or early morning shooting, just a daytime thing. Next thing he knows, the Sheriffs Office shows up stating his 'neighborly neighbors' complained about the gunfire. The SO was just informing him of the complaint, that nothing was against the law, and they had no problem with the gunrange and gunfire. Seems they were all 'out-of-staters' bitching about the other guy. Brought their attitudes and mindset with them when they carpetbagged to Montana. THAT is the problem, Copper. They bring that shithead act with them. The same act that turned whereeverinthehell they came from so unbearable, they HAD to move. So they come to Montana and shit in our pool.

Another true story, about a Anesthesiologist who was sucking up/buttering up some old rancher because he wanted to buy some of his land when it was up for sale. Well, it did come up for sale. The rancher called the Doc and said some Californian had just sold his pathetic ranch style house for big bucks, and, with this windfall, his offer was better than the Doc's.

The carpetbaggers can sell everything and move to Montana(or wherever), but they bring their mindset/beliefs with them. Seems they can uproot and move, but what they uprooted, and brought with them, are weeds. The weeds of their mental outlook. There are warning placards all over Montana pointing out the noxious weed problem and how to keep it from spreading. I was on the career trial for 20-30 years, and when I finally returned to Montana, the physical features remained, but where we used to recreate there are signs: No Trespassing, No motored vehicles, no this, no that.

Missoula used to be a quiet, conservative town in the summers, after the students left. When I returned for the first time, about 20 years after graduation, the town had changed to what it is now. Pathetic and sad. The same thing is happening to Blowsman now. The noxious carpetbagger problem has not been recognized. Carpetbaggers totally destroyed the South after 1865. Maybe a wall isn't such a bad idea after all. Works on the Mexican border. Could work in Montana. The 1970s Montana was better than the 2020 Montana

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Do people really think Bozeman or Missoula are anything like Seattle, San Francisco, or Los Angeles? Holy shit, buy a bus ticket. You lucky f###[#] all live in great places.

Oh, some people from California moved into a new development in Bozeman, but they like to drink a different kind of wine with dinner whilst supporting local businesses? They must be from Los Angeles, and Bozeman is now Los Angeles. Sheesh!

I know from my many, many years living in Bozeman that it goes deeper than that. The town has radically changed.
Did I hear correctly that the cancel cult is after Mr Chode because he refuses to wear a mask? Apparently it interferes with his sweet goatee

I remember back in day when things were different than they are today. See that? That all used to be farmland from here all the way to the airport.

braves84 said:
garizzalies said:
Says the guy who wouldn’t know a movie reference if it shit in his mouth

Keep going, your doing all Montanans proud.😂
Thanks. I know.
We Montanas are raised from a young age to make jokes about North Dakotans. I grew up thinking all states must have North Dakota jokes, and it turns out they do!
When I was 8, my favorite went something like this:
A Montanan, and Idahoan, and a North Dakotan we’re going on a trip to the desert. The Montanan said, “we’re going to get thirsty, so I’ll pack some water.” The Idahoan said, “we’re going to get hungry, so I’ll pack some food.” The North Dakotan said, “we’re going to get hot, so I’ll pack a car door to roll down the window.”

garizzalies said:
braves84 said:
Thanks. I know.
We Montanas are raised from a young age to make jokes about North Dakotans. I grew up thinking all states must have North Dakota jokes, and it turns out they do!
A Montanan, and Idahoan, and a North Dakotan we’re going on a trip to the desert. The Montanan said, “we’re going to get thirsty, so I’ll pack some water.” The Idahoan said, “we’re going to get hungry, so I’ll pack some food.” The North Dakotan said, “we’re going to get hot, so I’ll pack a car door to roll down the window.”

Here is one you for sure will understand.
Two Montanans are walking in Missoula and along the side of the road see a sheep stuck in a fence, one fellow asks the other "you know what time it is" the other replies "no,what time is it?" The first replies "it's mountain time"

garizzalies said:
braves84 said:
Thanks. I know.

:lol: I hadn’t heard that one before.

Here’s one of the more well known ones:
Three North Dakotan chicks walk into a bar. The bartender goes, “Hey, get the fuck out of here.” So the chicks were all fat about it and complained in that dumb fuck accent while walking out as tuba music played.

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
Why wouldn't someone? Those are 3 pretty damn cool places.

ACTUAL residents and business owners of the Capital Hill area might disagree with your assessment.

They wouldn't own businesses there if they didn't love the city.

But I get it, you don't like Seattle's politics. I just think that's the stupidest- ass reason not to like a place, but perhaps that's just me. I don't agree with China or Russia on literally anything, but Shanghai and Moscow are two of the coolest places I've ever visited.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
ACTUAL residents and business owners of the Capital Hill area might disagree with your assessment.

But I get it, you don't like Seattle's politics. I just think that's the stupidest- ass reason not to like a place, but perhaps that's just me. I don't agree with China or Russia on literally anything, but Shanghai and Moscow are two of the coolest places I've ever visited.

Autonomous Zones? Boarded up and occupied police station? Homeless occupying public parks and protected from removal? Needle distribution without exchanges?

But, it is a pretty place - we agree on that. Loved my time at Fort Lewis.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Remember, I DID live in the general area for 3 years. This isn’t me just making an assessment based on the past month.

SoldierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

Autonomous Zones? Boarded up and occupied police station? Homeless occupying public parks and protected from removal? Needle distribution without exchanges?

But, it is a pretty place - we agree on that. Loved my time at Fort Lewis.

Sounds like utopia, doesn’t it Soldier? :lol:

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Seattle is a phenomenal city with a ton of culture and great food. It has some crap areas like any city and it could be deemed “liberal in its politics”. The geography around it is incredible. To classify a whole area as bad (just like California) takes stereotyping to the max. The military bases in the area aren’t even in Seattle and would be closer to Tacoma and Olympia, which have different politics. I don’t care for certain parts of New York City, Dallas, Atlanta, or L.A. There are parts of Montana that aren’t overly appealing. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water people.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

shanghai is so different from the rest of china that even people in china don't consider it a 'mainland city'. the architecture is pretty wild, though, and the food is pretty good. also, i assume your visit went something like this (?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm-HHmpu80w

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yeah, what's important about local government, taxes and their attitude toward law and order and the safety of their citizens. As long as it's cool.

Copper Griz said:
EverettGriz said:

Seattle is a phenomenal city with a ton of culture and great food. It has some crap areas like any city and it could be deemed “liberal in its politics”. The geography around it is incredible. To classify a whole area as bad (just like California) takes stereotyping to the max. The military bases in the area aren’t even in Seattle and would be closer to Tacoma and Olympia, which have different politics. I don’t care for certain parts of New York City, Dallas, Atlanta, or L.A. There are parts of Montana that aren’t overly appealing. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water people.

Great post, Cop. But you and I are not nutjobs who base every decision on politics. I mean, it'd be like me saying, "Florida is a shithole because The Villages is filled with KKK and white nationalists. Ridiculous.

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:

Yeah, what's important about local government, taxes and their attitude toward law and order and the safety of their citizens. As long as it's cool.

See my post directly below yours. I'm like 97% of Americans (e.g. not political nutjobs) who view life in its entirety. Just fine with those of you who don't like it though. I'm more than happy to keep additional nutjobs out.

EverettGriz said:
kemajic said:

See my post directly below yours. I'm like 97% of Americans (e.g. not political nutjobs) who view life in its entirety. Just fine with those of you who don't like it though. I'm more than happy to keep additional nutjobs out.

It's a nutjob that dismisses local government, taxes and their attitude toward law and order and the safety of their citizens. That's a bit more than politics, but if that branding facilitates your dismissal, knock yourself out. I would like to see data indicating a 97% approval rating for Seattle today.

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:

It's a nutjob that dismisses local government, taxes and their attitude toward law and order and the safety of their citizens. That's a bit more than politics, but if that branding facilitates your dismissal, knock yourself out. I would like to see data indicating a 97% approval rating for Seattle today.

I think Everett is one of the many political nut jobs in the Seattle area. Seattle is trying hard to run a lot of businesses and people out of the state. If WA wasn't a no-income tax state, more people and businesses would be gone already.

EverettGriz said:
kemajic said:

Good Lord EG. No one is asking you not to like the place. "Nut jobs" who don't care for it have nothing to do with you. Have a cool beverage and enjoy the day. Sheesh.

Latest posts

Back