• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will We Get the Dayton Flyers Blues?

citygriz

Poor Dayton. They put it all together last year behind sure--fire NBA lottery pick, Obi Toppin.

There was major speculation among basketball experts that Dayton could win it all--generally unheard of for any mid-major program.

And then Covid-19 arrived, and that was that for Dayton. Their big stage suddenly dark. Their star turn cruelly denied.

No, we're not Dayton. Nobody is predicting a national championship for Montana this year.

But anybody here who's followed the program knows: We are loaded. We've had great pieces ever since DeCuire arrived, but this is the year all the pieces come together. We've got talent up and down this roster, at every position.

If we're as good as I think we are, we will be scary-good this year.

But will we get that chance?

Remember, we've been dealing with this crisis for about four months--a month or two less than when the basketball season begins. And who do you trust--Mike Pence? Or Anthony Fauci.

The re-openings have not gone well; many have been paused, even in San Francisco which had a been a model for shutting down early and heeding the health experts.

Remember, the NBA shut down when one player tested positive, Rudy Gobert. (Followed by Donovan Mitchell and Kevin Durant.)

Now a major international athlete, Novak Djokovic, has tested positive. Reports circulate that at least one Montana State football player has tested positive. Not that we care, but Morehouse College has cancelled their football season.

And one of the worst spikes going on right now is in Arizona, where we're scheduled to play pre-season.

I've got one big hope: Four months of this has seemed like an eternity. With four or five more months to go before basketball season, who knows what could happen. A vaccine? Herd immunity? A miracle? A citizenry that gets "scared straight?"

C'mon! Are you really trusting in any of those things happening by basketball season?

citay said:
P

Remember, we've been dealing with this crisis for about four months--a month or two less than when the basketball season begins. And who do you trust--Mike Pence? Or Anthony Fauci.

The re-openings have not gone well; many have been paused, even in San Francisco which had a been a model for shutting down early and heeding the health experts.

Fauci has stated that he has not seen anything like this in his 40+ years experience.

:idea: Several USA pharma companies are into 2nd, 3rd, 4th level testing of a vaccine. Several international entities are too. Big money and big brains focused on this one issue. But this virus mutates and COVID-19 becomes 19b, which becomes 19c, which becomes 19d.

Some people don't pay close attention anymore. I see people having company/guests over to their house, partying and not wearing masks and not social distancing 100%. Others are out Protesting in large numbers, not consistently social distancing.

:( I miss sports, and talking about sports. We could be discussing the UM mens basketball winning records against MSU and Weber. We could be discussing the potential of sweeping through the BSC and getting a 12 or 13 seed.

:thumb: I enjoyed watching the Belmont.

Back