• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This article sucks! I hope for football.

tourist said:
Never heard of Bradley. Like everyone else he has an opinion and an asshole. Not sure which one was used for this article. Like many other things, this nanny-state crap has gotten out of hand. Before you post, make sure you wear your helmet, have your neon green vest on, stay six feet away from anyone for social distancing precautions, and for godsake wear a mask!!! Your average adult can figure out the odds on the kung flu. It may tip you over the edge if you have 'pre-existing conditions' and if you are over the age of 65. For those people, stay the hell home!!! Or, be an adult and take your chances. I am over the age limit and have a couple pre-existing conditions, and I would be one of the 26,000+ at WaGriz Stadium, and no mask. If I get the bug, so be it. Leave me the hell alone and run your own life. Suck it up,, you 'adults.'

So, assuming 1:00 pm kickoffs, if I attend Central Washington 9/5 and am exposed to the virus in the tailgate before noon, but don't get symptoms until after the final gun, will my 14-day quarantine be over before the Morehead State kickoff 9/19, or after final gun? My travel plans pretty much depend on a consensus answer. And does anyone know who sells fake foreheads like Bryan Brown used in F/X ? Asking for a friend.

horribilisfan8184 said:
tourist said:
Never heard of Bradley. Like everyone else he has an opinion and an asshole. Not sure which one was used for this article. Like many other things, this nanny-state crap has gotten out of hand. Before you post, make sure you wear your helmet, have your neon green vest on, stay six feet away from anyone for social distancing precautions, and for godsake wear a mask!!! Your average adult can figure out the odds on the kung flu. It may tip you over the edge if you have 'pre-existing conditions' and if you are over the age of 65. For those people, stay the hell home!!! Or, be an adult and take your chances. I am over the age limit and have a couple pre-existing conditions, and I would be one of the 26,000+ at WaGriz Stadium, and no mask. If I get the bug, so be it. Leave me the hell alone and run your own life. Suck it up,, you 'adults.'

So, assuming 1:00 pm kickoffs, if I attend Central Washington 9/5 and am exposed to the virus in the tailgate before noon, but don't get symptoms until after the final gun, will my 14-day quarantine be over before the Morehead State kickoff 9/19, or after final gun? My travel plans pretty much depend on a consensus answer. And does anyone know who sells fake foreheads like Brian Brown used in F/X ? Asking for a friend.
Holy shit that was pretty funny. :lol:

tourist said:

Imagining R. Lee Ermey's voice reading this makes it even better.

tourist said:

Agree! Stop being a sheep. Consider all the possibilities and contingencies and then make up your own mind. Accept the consequences of your decision and don't blame anyone else.

Just saw the latest Montana figures. There have been 21 deaths attributed to Covid-19, out of a total population of over one million. Do the math. Two tenths of one percent of the population. One could assume pre-existing conditions pushed these 21, with one foot already in the grave, over the edge. Do you shut down the economy to save these 21? Hell no. As someone has already noted, this ain't the black plague. It is a political plague perpetuated by the left. I WOULD PLAN ON FULL ATTENDANCE THIS FALL. Bullock wants to be Senator, now that his Presidental ambitions were mercilessly crushed. 25,000 to 26,000 fans in Missoula, 20,000 in Bozeman, six games each plus playoffs, would probably be pretty pissed off if that boob Bullock didn't pull some 'clarification' of HIS order, allowing the BSC to go full ahead in Montana. Of course there is also the Frontier Conference and whatever Billings Eastern is in. I don't imagine the economic impact of those games would be missed much by the business owners and taxpayers, right? Special Session of the Legislature to increase taxes by however much is 'shut down.' That would go over like a lead balloon. DOA. He is trying to 'please' as many voteres as he can. Just watch Bullock squirm, and do his smoke and mirrors/"pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" act. He is facing unemployment next year, just like 30,000,000 other Americans already have experienced. Someone needs to give him the address to Job Service or possibly the internet address, so he won't have to personally file for unemployment.

tourist said:
Just saw the latest Montana figures. There have been 21 deaths attributed to Covid-19, out of a total population of over one million. Do the math. Two tenths of one percent of the population.

Yes, but I've been told this number would have been in the tens of thousands without a shadow of a doubt had we not closed "non essential" businesses and locked down. There is no disputing this fact. :coffee:

ilovethecats said:
tourist said:
Just saw the latest Montana figures. There have been 21 deaths attributed to Covid-19, out of a total population of over one million. Do the math. Two tenths of one percent of the population.

Yes, but I've been told this number would have been in the tens of thousands without a shadow of a doubt had we not closed "non essential" businesses and locked down. There is no disputing this fact. :coffee:

But this also included the moon being full and Jupiter aligning with Mars! ;)

I apologize if this has been posted already. One of the links below this article discusses the cancellations already happening. KSU can test at $100.00. Does not take a math degree to realize the cost of testing will severely affect the cost of playing games over a season and worth discussion is what the UCLA players state about their trust of athletic administrators.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-coronavirus-cases.html

tourist said:

https://www.ajc.com/staff/mark-bradley/

http://www.southernprose.com/2015/11/12/should-mark-bradley-and-jeff-schultz-be-fired/

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
I apologize if this has been posted already. One of the links below this article discusses the cancellations already happening. KSU can test at $100.00. Does not take a math degree to realize the cost of testing will severely affect the cost of playing games over a season and worth discussion is what the UCLA players state about their trust of athletic administrators.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-coronavirus-cases.html

It'll definitely be pricey, but even more costly would be having no season at all. I have noticed - like the last paragraph in the article you link - more and more people openly saying they expect that not every team will be able to play a full schedule, even going so far as several conferences pushing back their championship games in an effort to squeeze in a "make-up" week to accommodate games that couldn't be played earlier.

Berkeley_Griz said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

It'll definitely be pricey, but even more costly would be having no season at all. I have noticed - like the last paragraph in the article you link - more and more people openly saying they expect that not every team will be able to play a full schedule, even going so far as several conferences pushing back their championship games in an effort to squeeze in a "make-up" week to accommodate games that couldn't be played earlier.

All I can say is wow! Here's hoping you are really good at your specialty and you stay within that area. I'll include for your reading enjoyment another link explaining what is bound to impact many Power 5 programs on a much larger scale than the good folks in Cobb County and the Braves. Take social distancing alone as what the NCAA is considering for football and apply those huge stadiums at least half full...nevermind...

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/cobb-reckons-with-braves-stadium-debt-during-pandemic/jh3SXflP3iNIvftXNQvo3M/

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Berkeley_Griz said:

All I can say is wow! Here's hoping you are really good at your specialty and you stay within that area. I'll include for your reading enjoyment another link explaining what is bound to impact many Power 5 programs on a much larger scale than the good folks in Cobb County and the Braves. Take social distancing alone as what the NCAA is considering for football and apply those huge stadiums at least half full...nevermind...

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/cobb-reckons-with-braves-stadium-debt-during-pandemic/jh3SXflP3iNIvftXNQvo3M/

Don't worry big guy, I'm very good in my field. I'm commenting only on what I read in your post as an assertion that testing athletes would be pricey, saying sure, but having a season and paying a few hundred thousand for tests is less costly than not having a season and losing millions. Chillax.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/24/america-cant-act-like-team-it-might-cost-us-return-sports/

I have to try and tell people.

fanofzoo said:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/24/america-cant-act-like-team-it-might-cost-us-return-sports/

Read that this morning and concur. Kruschev was right. Self-absorbed, me first, elitist self-serving and condescension prevails. Nobody has read The Ugly American. Nobody buys American. Nobody feels a need to serve and they don't. Petty jealously and one-upmanship abounds. Dick measuring contests. Pissing contests. Over shit that doesn't matter be it flipping feathers versus throwing a Mepps Spinner (introduced to America by Bud Lilly for those who knew him).

But...they expect those who do serve to protect them and all their "things" so they can show off in various and assorted means.

As much as I personally dislike Bradley, I conversely appreciate reading Mike's reasoned, logical and informative articles.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mike-check/colleges-already-showing-they-aren-the-task-keeping-athletes-safe/lutWKPfbAKKpxWgR6ZXZwO/

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
fanofzoo said:

Read that this morning and concur. Kruschev was right. Self-absorbed, me first, elitist self-serving and condescension prevails. Nobody has read The Ugly American. Nobody buys American. Nobody feels a need to serve and they don't. Petty jealously and one-upmanship abounds. Dick measuring contests. Pissing contests. Over shit that doesn't matter be it flipping feathers versus throwing a Mepps Spinner (introduced to America by Bud Lilly for those who knew him).

But...they expect those who do serve to protect them and all their "things" so they can show off in various and assorted means.

If this message board had a "like" function, I would double-rep this post.

This article really hurts to think about.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29385460/arizona-pauses-plan-athletes-return-campus-amid-covid-19-surge

South Carolina's governor, an extreme right wing supporter of Trump, has put the notice on ALL schools in the Palmetto State that athletics, including football, will most likely be cancelled depending upon the figures they receive in Columbia next week. That would affect, two of the Power Conferences, and some of the FCS power leagues. But, hey, ya gotta be free and masks and spacing are for city folk.

GrizLA said:
South Carolina's governor, an extreme right wing supporter of Trump, has put the notice on ALL schools in the Palmetto State that athletics, including football, will most likely be cancelled depending upon the figures they receive in Columbia next week. That would affect, two of the Power Conferences, and some of the FCS power leagues. But, hey, ya gotta be free and masks and spacing are for city folk.

Even the Texas governor finally gave in today and required masks when in public.

Back