• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Beau Braden WSU transfer

Griztrain

https://twitter.com/playboibeau/status/1254207083580293120?s=21

His Senior High School video
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7225297/59f767f00c53b20f2430c110

Dillon said:
Welcome to Griz Nation Mr. Braden! How many years as Griz?

He’ll be a redshirt sophomore this Fall so three. Good pickup for depth. He was a walk on that didn’t play so he’s a little bit of an unknown. Has a nice frame and high motor. Should be in the rotation.

I’m happy with this. Any Pac12 transfer at a place where you need more players and depth (D Line) is a good deal. He had a ton of accolades coming out of high school. Should be a good pick up for the Griz!

Smart kid, good interview:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tootell-and-nuanez-may-1st-2020-hour-2-beau-braden/id1121407684?i=1000473317229

Beau Braden visited the Griz in HS, but wasn't extended a scholarship offer.

So he took the Preferred Walk-on offer from Washington State.

Braden basically got an NFL education in practice at WSU as he was on the scout team, going against future 1st Round Offensive Tackle(s), while Braden was a FR and R-FR.

The kid is big and mobile, reminds me of the transfer the kitties just had (UW Bryce Sterk -2020 Miami Dolphins rookie, Height: 6-4. Age: 23. Weight: 262 )

77 Beau Braden

4m6a1245.jpg

IntuitiveGriz said:

Braden basically got an NFL education in practice at WSU as he was on the scout team, going against future 1st Round Offensive Tackle(s), while Braden was a FR and R-FR.

The kid is big and mobile, reminds me of the transfer the kitties just had (UW Bryce Sterk -2020 Miami Dolphins rookie, Height: 6-4. Age: 23. Weight: 262 )

That’s a pretty bold comparison.

wbtfg said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

How come? When you guys got Sterk no one (and I mean no one) there or here or anywhere knew if he’d be a great player or excellent addition for the cats. Hell he didn’t really take snap for Washington or play in any games so it was a total crap shoot. I don’t see how that is very different than this situation.

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

How come? When you guys got Sterk no one (and I mean no one) there or here or anywhere knew if he’d be a great player or excellent addition for the cats. Hell he didn’t really take snap for Washington or play in any games so it was a total crap shoot. I don’t see how that is very different than this situation.

Sterk was a scholarship player at Udub and is an absolute freak as a athlete on the DL. I do see your comparison as not being too awful but at the same time not every transfer comes in and becomes an all conference player like Sterk. Pretty high expectations when no one has seen this kid play a snap. The hope is that it works out that way but who knows.

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/msus-sterk-fitting-in-well-after-transfer/article_aa519b29-d394-5fd2-9124-01785c672326.amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwj7zKWKisrpAhXIWM0KHX0RA8AQFjACegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1GE1LR7LKFC2oBkLaA7xHv&ampcf=1&cshid=1590240160497
I believe sterk was a scholarship player for the Huskies, and Braden was a walk on for the cougars.
Gregoraks quote at the end of the story tends you to believe the bobcats thought sterk was going to be a impact player.
That said apples to oranges, and hoping it works out well for the kid at Montana, lots of walk ons have proven people wrong before, and hope he does it too.

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Sterk is a freak athlete who had multiple full ride FBS offers coming out of high school. He was buried on the depth chart at UW behind 4* guys, many of whom were drafted to the league.

In high school competed in the 100, 200, 300 hurdles, shot, disc and the 400 and 1600 relays.

When he showed up in Bozeman he looked different that any other dude on the team and everyone (Colter, Choate, Gregorak, etc) was raving about how this guy would dominate the big sky (which he did).

I think someone posted above that UM didn’t even offer this guy a scholarship out of high school so he walked on at wsu.

So yeah, the comparison is bold.

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:

Sterk is a freak athlete who had multiple full ride FBS offers coming out of high school. He was buried on the depth chart at UW behind 4* guys, many of whom were drafted to the league.

In high school competed in the 100, 200, 300 hurdles, shot, disc and the 400 and 1600 relays.

When he showed up in Bozeman he looked different that any other dude on the team and everyone (Colter, Choate, Gregorak, etc) was raving about how this guy would dominate the big sky (which he did).

I think someone posted above that UM didn’t even offer this guy a scholarship out of high school so he walked on at wsu.

Almost as bold as comparing Travis Lulay to Dave Dickenson

Grizbballfan14 said:
wbtfg said:

You’ll have to take that comparison up with CFL all star offensive Lineman, Angus Reid. Who I’d compare to JD Quinn.

:coffee:

wbtfg said:
Grizbballfan14 said:

You’ll have to take that comparison up with CFL all star offensive Lineman, Angus Reid. Who I’d compare to JD Quinn.

Just out of morbid curiosity, what do you guys still have left for Udub transfers? They brought in that Clark kid I know? Are Williams and Scrempos still there?

Griz til I die said:
wbtfg said:

Just out of morbid curiosity, what do you guys still have left for Udub transfers? They brought in that Clark kid I know? Are Williams and Scrempos still there?

Williams is still there. Scrempos graduated I believe.

SACCAT66 said:
Griz til I die said:

Williams is still there. Scrempos graduated I believe.
Wow I forgot Scrempos was a UDub guy too. That was quite a haul for you guys. Will you be playing guys Choate recruited out of high school on the D Line for the first time? Or do you have more transfers coming in?

Back