• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A.J. Forbes commits

wbtfg said:
HookedonGriz said:
Here are the 16 KNOWN offers this kid had during this transfer process. So awesome we got him!

Northern Colorado
Saint Francis University
Univ Nebraska Kearney
Lindenwood University
Sanford University
West Texas A&M
Idaho St
NW Missouri St
Eastern Kentucky
Abilene Christian
Stephen F Austin
UT Martin
SELA
East Tenn St
Mcneese St
Eastern Illinois

UM should beat out everyone on that list 100 out of 100 times.

Ha if it were that easy then UM or MSU would land every single kid they offer. There are hundreds of reasons kids choose a school. To beat out 16 other known offers regardless of anything else is outstanding.

Pretty good read on Forbes, sounds like he wants that center spot.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/coming-in-hair-on-fire-nebraska-offensive-line-transfer-aj-forbes-chooses-montana-grizzlies/article_f5c5bd03-fe76-58f1-ac2c-560729cc6e1f.html

66volvo said:
This guy sounds like a J. D. Quinn 2020 version. Me likee.

Mmm not quite but Forbes is a great pickup. However, JD Quinn was a bit bigger but most importantly he was an all conference type player for the Oklahoma Sooners that had FBS playing experience that transferred to us because of troubles and didn’t want to sit out a year. FCS schools these days just don’t get those type players anymore

Defensive linemen are gonna be dribbling down their legs when then have to line up against Moses Mallory and A. J. Forbes! We just got way better on the O line.

66volvo said:
Defensive linemen are gonna be dribbling down their legs when then have to line up against Moses Mallory and A. J. Forbes! We just got way better on the O line.

Can only lead to good things!

Bravo to Bobby and coaches! The Griz will have the OL to take a run at the conference championship and the NC. Is there a NC this year?

“There were also some parallels between the way Nebraska fans and Montana fans love football. Montana’s fan base is incredible. They reached out to me and congratulated me and welcomed me to the community. That’s really what drew me there: just the community reception of me and the ability to go out there and play some really good football.”

Way to go Griz fans...he wasn't settled when the offer came, but after the offer and before he committed, our fan base helped make the difference!

"Another transfer Nebraska offensive lineman is headed to the FCS

AJ Forbes joins ex-teammate Xavier Trevino in the FCS ranks."

"Earlier this month, three Nebraska offensive linemen entered the football transfer portal. A couple of days later, one of those, Xavier Trevino, tweeted his move to FCS North Dakota. This week, a former Trevino teammate, AJ Forbes, tweeted he’s moving on to FCS Montana.

“This process has been more stressful than I could have imagined, but I’m very grateful,” the lineman wrote. “Thank you to all the coaches across the country that decided to take a chance on this Walk-On from Bellevue, NE.

“I’m thankful to continue this journey at… THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA.”
Forbes joined the Nebraska football team as a walk-on in 2018. He didn’t play a down for the Cornhuskers those two seasons. The lineman did, though, travel with the team on four road trips."

Read in NBC Sports: https://apple.news/AbCGHZ4LpRDyzqMUdkbIjLg

Spanky2 said:
Bravo to Bobby and coaches! The Griz will have the OL to take a run at the conference championship and the NC. Is there a NC this year?
img.jpg

I will call it right now. This kid will be special and a huge pick up for the Griz.

https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1263260781967077377

Proud Griz Man said:
grizfan1984 said:
OL transfer from University of Nebraska

AJ Forbes is a 6-4, 310-pound Center from Bellevue, NE.

AJ Forbes
POS: OG
HEIGHT 6-4
WEIGHT 310

HIGH SCHOOL
Bellevue West
HOME TOWN
Bellevue, NE
https://247sports.com/Player/AJ-Forbes-83644/

Well, don't always believe team release dimensions. Even he admits he is under 6'3", but still an exciting transfer.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
Here are the 16 KNOWN offers this kid had during this transfer process. So awesome we got him!

Northern Colorado
Saint Francis University
Univ Nebraska Kearney
Lindenwood University
Sanford University
West Texas A&M
Idaho St
NW Missouri St
Eastern Kentucky
Abilene Christian
Stephen F Austin
UT Martin
SELA
East Tenn St
Mcneese St
Eastern Illinois
Looking at that list; he made the right choice.

I assume that is suppose to read SAMFORD.

Back