• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This Year’s Transfers

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I stole this from AZGrizFan....thought it deserved its own thread:

OL - AJ Forbes 6’4”, 310 (Nebraska) 3 to play 3
DL- Beau Braden 6' 4" 265 (Washington State) (T 4/24) 3 to play 3
CB- Hunter Allen 5' 11" 180 (Mesa Community College) San Diego, CA (2 to play 2)
CB Omar Hicks Onu (Oregon State) 2 to play 2
CB/S- TraJon Cotton (Oregon State) 3 to play 3
QB- Robbie Patterson IV (Saddleback CC) 3 to play 3

Now THAT is how you fill some f###[#] holes! You add Forbes to our O-line, all those CB’s, Braden to a very stout D line, and Patterson to push Humphrey and that fills about every hole we had (and then some).

Well done. Well done, indeed Bobby Hauck.

Mallory, Pillans and now Forbes...that's three quality O-linemen transfers brought in in the past two years. With the young studs we got coming up, that makes about a 10-deep rotation.

HookedonGriz said:
I stole this from AZGrizFan....thought it deserved its own thread:

OL - AJ Forbes 6’4”, 310 (Nebraska) 3 to play 3
DL- Beau Braden 6' 4" 265 (Washington State) (T 4/24) 3 to play 3
CB- Hunter Allen 5' 11" 180 (Mesa Community College) San Diego, CA (2 to play 2)
CB Omar Hicks Onu (Oregon State) 2 to play 2
CB/S- TraJon Cotton (Oregon State) 3 to play 3
QB- Robbie Patterson IV (Saddleback CC) 3 to play 3

Now THAT is how you fill some f###[#] holes! You add Forbes to our O-line, all those CB’s, Braden to a very stout D line, and Patterson to push Humphrey and that fills about every hole we had (and then some).

Well done. Well done, indeed Bobby Hauck.
Forbes has fessed up to 6'2 1/2" and 301 lb.

tenor.gif

I think they could add one or two more transfers as well before it’s all said and done..

I like what the staff has done so far. Really filled in depth in positions of need and kept the classes even. The only thing is none of these transfers are really proven. It’s not like we got a FBS/FCS transfer that has played meaningful reps or was even highly recruited but that seems to be pretty rare to get a transfer like that for any FCS school.

dayday said:
I think they could add one or two more transfers as well before it’s all said and done..

I like what the staff has done so far. Really filled in depth in positions of need and kept the classes even. The only thing is none of these transfers are really proven. It’s not like we got a FBS/FCS transfer that has played meaningful reps or was even highly recruited but that seems to be pretty rare to get a transfer like that for any FCS school.

I agree, day. Nice depth additions in needed spots, and I appreciate each of the transfers, if only for that reason alone. But I haven't had to walk across the room to collect my blown off socks after any of these announcements.

I disagree. Watching Forbes tape reminds me very much of another road grader transfer we got in Moses Mallory. That move seems to be working out very well. I think we will see Forbes start and punish people.

HookedonGriz said:
I disagree. Watching Forbes tape reminds me very much of another road grader transfer we got in Moses Mallory. That move seems to be working out very well. I think we will see Forbes start and punish people.

That’s certainly the hope! I try to steer away from predictions until I see them on the field. Last year everyone on this board was convinced Vinyard was going to be this major addition and that didn’t work out.

dayday said:
HookedonGriz said:

That’s certainly the hope! I try to steer away from predictions until I see them on the field. Last year everyone on this board was convinced Vinyard was going to be this major addition and that didn’t work out.

Yep that’s true. What ever happened to Mason? I heard academics kept him off field and then he retired from football all together. Not sure if that’s true.

EverettGriz said:
dayday said:

I agree, day. Nice depth additions in needed spots, and I appreciate each of the transfers, if only for that reason alone. But I haven't had to walk across the room to collect my blown off socks after any of these announcements.

I laughed. Then I realized they only let you wear those rubber bottomed socks @ Schick Shadel. So it’s like you could still be pretty enthused because it takes a hell of lot more to blow those dammed things off.

bgbigdog said:
EverettGriz said:

I laughed. Then I realized they only let you wear those rubber bottomed socks @ Schick Shadel. So it’s like you could still be pretty enthused because it takes a hell of lot more to blow those dammed things off.

True, true. Thing is, I gotta buy those fuckers at the Schick commissary. They wear out damn fast too when you've gotta do a little fence-hoppin' to get over to Happy Harry's Lounge before lights-out.

Back